DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Kitchen Confidential - "French Fight" - 12/5 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/447709-kitchen-confidential-french-fight-12-5-a.html)

Quake1028 12-05-05 01:59 PM

Kitchen Confidential - "French Fight" - 12/5

Finally! After 9 long weeks KC is back on the air!

Spoiler:
Nolita gets into a feud with a rival restaurant after the head chef steals from Nolita's menu and seduces Mimi.

Show Stars: Owain Yeoman (Steven), Nicholas Brendon (Seth Klein), John Francis Daley (Jim), Jaime King (Tanya), Bradley Cooper (Jack Bourdain), Bonnie Somerville (Mimi)
All Guest Stars: Sam Pancake (Cameron) , Michael Vartan (Michel), David Aranovich (Adam), Frank Alvarez (Ramon)
Production Code: KC-110

runner001 12-05-05 02:11 PM

i thought this was cancelled?

Quake1028 12-05-05 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by runner001
i thought this was cancelled?

They are burning off the remaining episodes.

lisadoris 12-05-05 02:36 PM

Finally, I've been waiting for this mini Alias reunion for what seems like forever. Sucks that it's already been cancelled but at least FOX is burning off the episodes.

Patman 12-05-05 08:03 PM

Though this show has been cancelled, it was fun to see Michael Vartan guest-star on this show, and his one-on-one with Bradley Cooper was hilarious. Cooper's face was so red, I thought he was going to blow a gasket.

The feud between the restaurants was pretty, I LOL more during this episode than I did in this week's Arrested Development.

Quake1028 12-05-05 09:57 PM

YGM Patman.

mikewendt 12-05-05 10:15 PM

My fucking DVR didn't record it for some unexplained reason... Oh well I'll find it tomorrow.

Jimmy James 12-05-05 10:37 PM

Can somebody fill in the 15-20 seconds at most right at the end after
Spoiler:
we learn that Jack's hand is glued to the phone
?

My DVR cut that part off.

MrX 12-05-05 10:50 PM

I thought it was one of the better episodes of the series.

Bonnie Somerville looked great:drool:

hahn 12-06-05 01:05 AM

Just caught this show for the first time. It was hilarious! We need more sitcoms WITHOUT laugh tracks.

silentbob007 12-06-05 06:48 AM

I really, really liked this episode.

Green Smurf 12-06-05 07:51 AM

Me too, it seems everyshow I like gets canceled.

RaraFemina 12-06-05 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Can somebody fill in the 15-20 seconds at most right at the end after
Spoiler:
we learn that Jack's hand is glued to the phone
?

My DVR cut that part off.

Spoiler:
French dude tells him that he put the glue on the phone after he had the guard "bear down on it" (sticking it up his...you get it) or something like that. The credits start after Jack looks all confused asking what that meant.

Meatpants 12-06-05 08:53 AM

Why can Michael Vartan speak French, but he can't do a French accent? Probably because he can't act I guess :p

aktick 12-06-05 09:19 AM

"It's like we worked together before or something." :p

Jimmy James 12-06-05 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by RaraFemina
Spoiler:
French dude tells him that he put the glue on the phone after he had the guard "bear down on it" (sticking it up his...you get it) or something like that. The credits start after Jack looks all confused asking what that meant.

rotfl

Many thanks for completing the joke for me.

squidget 12-06-05 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Meatpants
Why can Michael Vartan speak French, but he can't do a French accent? Probably because he can't act I guess :p

if i remember my random trivia right Michael Vartan really is French. Maybe he was going for an over the top style accent.

clckworang 12-06-05 03:20 PM

Pretty good ep, although not as good as I thought it would be. I think part of it was having to wait so damn long before we got to see it. And I think another part of it was I on such a high for having seen a new Arrested Development before it. But overall, I still enjoyed it. Like AD, I can't believe that no one is watching this show. At least Fox is letting us see the final episodes.

garmonbozia 12-06-05 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang
At least Fox is letting us see the final episodes.

are they? there are 9 episodes left, and only 2 scheduled (the next two weeks)... when are they going to squeeze in the rest? same for the remaining eps of AD?

I would really love to say that I missed this show, but it's been so long since those first 3 eps aired I barely remember what they were like.....
still, I enjoy this show, and I look forward to the dvds......

belboz 12-06-05 09:27 PM

I think I actually liked the earlier episodes a bit better. This one seemed much more broad, especially with the psycho bread maker parts.

As for Vartan doing a bad French accent, it's not incongruous if he speaks French fluently. I'm bilingual and I can't do a good accent either way.

mikewendt 12-07-05 02:42 PM

"Go to your idiot hole."
"I AM DRUNK RIGHT NOW!"
"It is dark and you're being hurtful."
The kid in the ice box w/fish... HA!
The whole Mimmi sex angle... Awesome!

Great episode... Laughed my ass off... Of course they're gonna cancel it...

WHAT EXACTLY IS EVERYONE WATCHING ON MONDAY'S FROM 8-9?!?!?!?!?

Rypro 525 12-07-05 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by mikewendt
"Go to your idiot hole."
"I AM DRUNK RIGHT NOW!"
"It is dark and you're being hurtful."
The kid in the ice box w/fish... HA!
The whole Mimmi sex angle... Awesome!

Great episode... Laughed my ass off... Of course they're gonna cancel it...

WHAT EXACTLY IS EVERYONE WATCHING ON MONDAY'S FROM 8-9?!?!?!?!?

repeats this week normally must see monday on cbs.

Green Smurf 12-07-05 03:54 PM

Vartan was born in France.

I was going to do a Coneheads joke, but I wasn't sure how many people would get it.

Patman 12-07-05 07:27 PM

People can watch Surface on NBC, King of Queens and How I Met Your Mother on CBS, some nanny/swap show on ABC, and 7th Heaven on the WB.

riley_dude 12-07-05 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by lisadoris
Finally, I've been waiting for this mini Alias reunion for what seems like forever. Sucks that it's already been cancelled but at least FOX is burning off the episodes.

I enjoyed that too and there was a line that was said that, "it was like we used to work together."
Also liked the line, "10 to 1 he has a necklace full of ears"
Ashame that this is cancelled, I liked the humor more on the show when it has more of an edge.
So was that Kumar??