The West Wing - "Undecideds" - 12/04

Old 12-04-05, 10:15 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
The West Wing - "Undecideds" - 12/04

"Undecideds"
Spoiler:
Santos visits a black family whose child was shot and killed by a Latino police officer; CJ tries to mitigate a crisis between China and Kazakhstan.
Old 12-04-05, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was actually enjoying the show until they had the josh/toby fight. i still don't get where the writers are getting the justification for the conflict.
Old 12-04-05, 10:08 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I thought the scenes with Will planning hte wedding wee funny

The previews for next week got a big from me. Do we really need an episode revolving around
Spoiler:
the wedding of one of his rarely seen daughters
Old 12-05-05, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm getting tired of the writing. Seems like every other episode (or more often) Santos needs to give some speech that is supposed to make us like him more. I'm just starting to think that is all he gots. Talk about a one trick pony. I'm with Toby.

I can understand why Josh and Toby are fighting. After their actual physical fight it isn't really a mystery. Seems to me like they're making up, though. I think Josh may actually be using Toby in the future. Maybe a go to guy that is comepletely secretive.

Love having ellie around. She's nice to look at.

And finally. I really don't like CJ anymore. I hate that she is in such a predominant situation that I have to watch her more than I get to watch Toby.
Old 12-05-05, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Santos wins: "Well, the show was all about Santos."
Vinnick wins: "What!? The show was all about Santos!"
Old 12-05-05, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

with the josh/toby thing, i can see why it's where it is now due to the fight, but i don't see where the fight came from. was it because josh left to run santos' campaign? if so that's pretty dumb. they might have had some arguments over the years but they were never that hostile to each other. it just seems very out of character for both of them.
Old 12-05-05, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by kevin75
with the josh/toby thing, i can see why it's where it is now due to the fight, but i don't see where the fight came from. was it because josh left to run santos' campaign? if so that's pretty dumb. they might have had some arguments over the years but they were never that hostile to each other. it just seems very out of character for both of them.
I think that's a big reason for it. Josh left and didn't ask Toby to go with him.
Old 12-05-05, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
I thought the scenes with Will planning hte wedding wee funny

The previews for next week got a big from me. Do we really need an episode revolving around
Spoiler:
the wedding of one of his rarely seen daughters
Considering we've seen President Bartlet maybe once all season, I'll take what I can get right now.
Old 12-05-05, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by kevin75
i was actually enjoying the show until they had the josh/toby fight. i still don't get where the writers are getting the justification for the conflict.

The only thing it didn't have was bitch slapping and the John Wells dramatic freeze.

For pete's sake, just stick to the campaign, please.
Old 12-05-05, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I think if i had a relative killed and a politician came I'd kick their ass teh fuck out of my house and be sure to go on the news saying they were nothing but an empty sack trying to use my tragedy to suck up votes
Old 12-06-05, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I look forward to the turnover of the White House to the Santos administration when Helen arrives and Will opens his arms out to her and says, "Welcome to the building!"

It was an ok episode. Donna still does not look like her old self.
Old 12-06-05, 12:20 PM
Banned

So where's the drama in the election when you know Santos is going to win?
Old 12-06-05, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
I keep hoping that something will happen to the Santos campaign that will cause someone else to get into the race, and in the season finale (which, by the way, is now confirmed to be the SERIES finale), we'll find out that

Spoiler:
Sam Seaborn is the new President

To me, that would be the PERFECT end to the series.
Old 12-06-05, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Kal-El

I look forward to the turnover of the White House to the Santos administration when Helen arrives and Will opens his arms out to her and says, "Welcome to the building!"

Politicians are narrow-minded, self-absorbed people of limited intelligence and limitless ego.

das
Old 12-06-05, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I keep hoping that something will happen to the Santos campaign that will cause someone else to get into the race, and in the season finale (which, by the way, is now confirmed to be the SERIES finale), we'll find out that

Spoiler:
Sam Seaborn is the new President

To me, that would be the PERFECT end to the series.
tha would be a great ending and with josh as CoS too. where did you hear that it would be a series finale? i had heard rumors but nothing definite.