DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Showtime Free Preview Weekend Dec. 2-5 (DirecTV & others?) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/447394-showtime-free-preview-weekend-dec-2-5-directv-others.html)

Heat 12-02-05 08:46 AM

Showtime Free Preview Weekend Dec. 2-5 (DirecTV & others?)

...You can also shake off the chill of winter with the hottest concert events, championship boxing, Hollywood hits and bold original series during the SHOWTIME Free Preview Weekend, available to all TOTAL CHOICE customers. Tune in December 2–5 to channels 537 through 547 for exciting programming like Mean Girls, Sleeper Cell and Eminem: Live from New York City. Consider it our gift to you.
When DirecTV has a free pre-view, usually Dish Network has one at the same time, and possibly cable. Of course, this weekend I'll be out in the cold trying to reunite Bambi with her mother so I won't be watching TV.

Chew 12-02-05 08:48 AM

The new episode of Masters of Horror and the first two episodes of Sleeper Cell fall under this preview.

I would assume the preview includes the HD channel?

Heat 12-02-05 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
...I would assume the preview includes the HD channel?

Good question. The promo just said “Tune in … to Channels 537 through 547”.

When you look at the channel lineup:

SHOWTIME (East), Channel 537
SHOWTIME TOO, Channel 538
SHOWTIME Showcase, Channel 539
SHOWTIME (West), Channel 540
SHOWTIME Extreme, Channel 542
The Movie Channel (East), Channel 544
The Movie Channel (West), Channel 545
FLIX, Channel 547

Note it doesn't list Showtime HD on 543. When you look at the HD lineup it appears (channels 543 (and 71?)). So… maybe.

dadaluholla 12-02-05 09:31 PM

Holy crap I got home from work and thought I would see what was was on Showtime and yep it was pretty much the same d-list crap from the last time we had a free preview. Does anyone actually PAY for this channel?

I thought I would give the Masters of Horror series a chance but it's like Sci-Channel/Frankenfish/Rave to the Grave terrible! WTF?

Sekots 12-02-05 09:36 PM

I have Comcast and we have Showtime too, but no HD channel. Theres an Eminem concert on tommorrow night on Showtime if anyone cares.

dadaluholla 12-02-05 09:45 PM

Eminem? Wow showtime just keeps looking worse and worse. This is how they try to get someone to sign up for their channel?

aktick 12-02-05 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Holy crap I got home from work and thought I would see what was was on Showtime and yep it was pretty much the same d-list crap from the last time we had a free preview. Does anyone actually PAY for this channel?

I thought I would give the Masters of Horror series a chance but it's like Sci-Channel/Frankenfish/Rave to the Grave terrible! WTF?

Exactly what I thought. In the past The Movie Channel has had some decent movies, not that's I've noticed this time around. When did this package go so far down the crapper?

Daniel-A 12-02-05 10:00 PM

Is Comcast in on this?
If so do we get to check their on demand?

Red Dog 12-03-05 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
Is Comcast in on this?
If so do we get to check their on demand?

Comcast has it but no HD and no VOD.

maingon 12-03-05 11:17 AM

the only channel worth paying for is HBO and thats just for all there orginal shows

Sekots 12-03-05 11:33 AM

I have Showtime on demand with the free preview.

GuessWho 12-03-05 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sekots
I have Showtime on demand with the free preview.

Showtime Specials

After Dark

;)

Cusm 12-03-05 03:08 PM

Nothing on Cox in OKC.

Goldberg74 12-03-05 03:11 PM

TiVoing Stepford Wives, Mean Girls, and Prince & Me.

Thanks.

JTH182 12-04-05 07:14 AM

Will I be able to get Farenheit 9/11 that starts monday night at 11?

Daniel-A 12-04-05 01:54 PM

Don't got it here in the Bay Area. :(

DJariya 12-04-05 02:34 PM

The preview is worth it just to get a taste of "Sleeper Cell" However, I've subscribed to Showtime in the past and none of it's programming is really worth spending an extra 12-13 bucks a month on. HBO/Cinemax is way better.

Phil L. 12-04-05 04:03 PM

My Comcast here in NJ has it including the HD channel.

Not sure if I should start in on Sleeper Cell tonight though since I know I won't be able to see all of it.