DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Lost -- "What Kate Did" -- 11.30.2005 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/447081-lost-what-kate-did-11-30-2005-a.html)

treszoks 11-30-05 09:10 PM

"Would you like to play a game?" would have been even more freaky;)

Quack 11-30-05 09:11 PM

I had goosebumps during the last 30 seconds.....freaking insane.

lordzeppelin 11-30-05 09:11 PM

The writers and producers of this show can kiss my dick. They put up these crap filler episodes for weeks, and then they finally have an episode that's on par with Season 1's best episodes, and then there's a 6 week hiatus. KISS MY DICK.

Ranger 11-30-05 09:13 PM

Well, there is still a chance that they move up the date.

beatccr 11-30-05 09:15 PM

i laughed when Hurley said "So Rose's husband is white. Didn't see that one coming." meant for us i suppose.

and yay for Jin's handcuffs!

MoviePage 11-30-05 09:19 PM

Best episode of Season 2 so far. No question.

DVD Josh 11-30-05 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
actually, that one is. See the terms of use which links to http://disney.go.com/corporate/privacy/terms.html

It's actually one of the few official ones.

Just found there's new info up if you click active projects, and then the life extension project and again there is a reference to
Spoiler:
a station located in Zanzibar
Could the island be somewhere in that area?
Anyone remember how far off course they were supposed to be? Depending on that, the Nigerian smugglers plane, and the Black Rock, we might have pretty certain evidence of geographically where they are.

Dave, I don't mean anything by it my friend, but I can link anything I want to a TOS :)

But you are right, it is an official site. My bad.

Cardiff Giant11 11-30-05 09:21 PM

hmm according to http://www.marinewaypoints.com/learn/greatcircle.shtml
Sydney is 7204 miles from Zanzibar, Tanzania. However, I don't know if that is going towards LA and back around or going straight towards Africa. My guess is that's the straight shot but I guess I didn't realize just how far away Australia is.

Cardiff Giant11 11-30-05 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Dave, I don't mean anything by it my friend, but I can link anything I want to a TOS :)

But you are right, it is an official site. My bad.

Very true, there was all the other proof but I didn't feel like getting into the whole domain name registration garbage ;)

DVD Josh 11-30-05 09:26 PM

BTW, anyone else notice who was on the the TV in Kate's dad's recruitment office?

Spoiler:
Sayid

superman69 11-30-05 09:40 PM

Josh, just went back and looked. sharp eyes you got there, damn. sp 6 weeks next episode? that sucks, thats when our baby is due. (didnt feel nearly as long until it was compared in that way)

Ranger 11-30-05 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
BTW, anyone else notice who was on the the TV in Kate's dad's recruitment office?

Spoiler:
Sayid

Don't mistake coincidence for fate!

DVD Josh 11-30-05 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger
Don't mistake coincidence for fate!

Well-played.

das Monkey 11-30-05 09:48 PM

Some interesting stuff in this ep. I'm pretty much over Kate's backstory, though, so I hope this is the last of it for a while.

das

DVD Josh 11-30-05 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by superman69
Josh, just went back and looked. sharp eyes you got there, damn. sp 6 weeks next episode? that sucks, thats when our baby is due. (didnt feel nearly as long until it was compared in that way)

I'm always looking for connections between the characters in their past lives. TVs, pictures, hangers-on, all things I look for during the flashbacks. Which is pretty different from what I look for during the real time episodes (background, character interaction, etc.).

In other words...I take a television fantasy show entirely too real. Someone at work today said that if LOST were really an island I'd swim there. Giddyup.

:D

movielib 11-30-05 10:12 PM

I had the last four minutes cut off. Could someone please post exactly what happened?

cdoug57 11-30-05 10:14 PM

WOW, what an intriguiging episode. Nice to see the Marshall again. The flashback portions of this episode seem shorter. Hopefully now that we have most of the backstories, if flashbacks are used, they won't be lengthy.

So much good stuff in this ep.

Wonder what type of backlash (if any) there will be because Michael used the computer for a non-specified purpose?

Nice to know that Sayid confirmed who he saw in the jungle before Shannon's death.

Bummed by the delay.

Ranger 11-30-05 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by movielib
I had the last four minutes cut off. Could someone please post exactly what happened?

I think it goes as this:
1. Kate takes Sawyer outside for a bit, and they both see the horse.
2. Locke and Eko put together the film, the missing piece warns them not to use the computer for anythihg else.
3. Jack offer Ana-Lucia a drink.
4. Michael is at the computer by himself and a "Hello" shows up on the screen, Mike says this is michael, then the response is "Dad?"

DVD Josh 11-30-05 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by cdoug57
WOW, what an intriguiging episode. Nice to see the Marshall again. The flashback portions of this episode seem shorter. Hopefully now that we have most of the backstories, if flashbacks are used, they won't be lengthy.

So musch good stuff in this ep.

Wonder what type of backlash (if any) there will be because Michael used the computer for a non-specified purpose?

Nice to know that Sayid confirmed who he saw in the jungle before Shannon's death.

Bummed by the delay.

I thought the opposite, that the flashbacks were LONG, way too long.

movielib 11-30-05 10:18 PM

I think it goes as this:
1. Kate takes Sawyer outside for a bit, and they both see the horse.
2. Locke and Eko put together the film, the missing piece warns them not to use the computer for anythihg else.
3. Jack offer Ana-Lucia a drink.
4. Michael is at the computer by himself and a "Hello" shows up on the screen, Mike says this is michael, then the response is "Dad?"

Thanks.

chanster 11-30-05 10:18 PM

Does that mean Jack's dad is alive somewhere on the island?

Ghostface180 11-30-05 10:21 PM

Can someone please post what happened in the first 10 minutes of tonight's episode? I started watching when Jack left to go to the funeral while Kate stayed with Sawyer.

Thanks

ruk 11-30-05 10:23 PM

good episode.

Ranger 11-30-05 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ghostface180
Can someone please post what happened in the first 10 minutes of tonight's episode? I started watching when Jack left to go to the funeral while Kate stayed with Sawyer.

Thanks

:lol:
Ok, since I have a bit of time left before bed. Can't remember everything now.

1. Think Jin was doing something, maybe showering.
2. Sayid is digging the hole.
3. Kate has her flashback. She puts Wayne on the bed, leaves the house, and it explodes. Earlier, I think Wayne (who seems drunk) says what is that smell and she responds that it's probably just his breath.
Then LOST logo pops up.
4. Kate chats with her mom, Kate gives her something, like insurance papers for the house.
5. Her mom is like what did you do? then Kate runs off.

beatccr 11-30-05 10:34 PM

1. Think Jin was doing something, maybe showering.

jin and sun had just gotten out of the tent together....
and hurley gives them thumbs up.