Reload this Page >

What is your favorite PUNK'ing?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-28-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know I'm not a member of the current MTV generation, because I'd never heard of half of the people getting PUNK'D.

My favorite is one of the earlier ones. The show descended on Justin Timberlake's house posing as the IRS and started to take everything. I really thought JT was going to cry, especially when they told him that his dogs were going to a shelter.

A more recent one was with some blond kid, Nick Carter I think is his name. He's riding in a limo which knocks over a row of Harleys. He was all "street" with another driver, with the "Chill Bro" and "Yo, Dawg" until the bikers came out. Scary looking dudes. He jumped back into the limo quick as a wink, and was definitely about to cry when Kutcher showed up. He was still shaking afterwards.
Old 11-28-05, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Timberlake is the best one for me as well. Of course I haven't seen many episodes so I don't have a wide variety to choose from. Another I remember was Hillary Duff (I think) in an art gallery and a fire got started, setting off the sprinkers and ruining some guy's art.
Old 11-28-05, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by resinrats
Another I remember was Hillary Duff (I think) in an art gallery and a fire got started, setting off the sprinkers and ruining some guy's art.
That was Trashlee Simpson. It ended with her crying before she found out she'd been punk'd. Anytime I see that no-talent loser in tears, I'm happy, so that was definitely one of the better pranks.

My favorite is probably the one with The Rock. They actually blew up a trailer on the set of Be Cool which was impressive. But the best part was how The Rock almost tore this one guy's head off because he accused him of endangering a woman's life.

In fact, I remember Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin also nearly coming to blows when they were punk'd. These wrestlers need to remember they're not in the ring.
Old 11-28-05, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Doughboy
In fact, I remember Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin also nearly coming to blows when they were punk'd. These wrestlers need to remember they're not in the ring.
Austin was all up in one guy's face in his episode. "You know you're an asshole, right? You know that, don't ya? You're an asshole." He probably flashed back to when he was on Raw yelling at McMahon.
Old 11-28-05, 12:43 PM

Seems to me it's the audience being PUNK'd, if they are wasting time watching this show...but that's just me.
Old 11-28-05, 12:51 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Silt
Seems to me it's the audience being PUNK'd, if they are wasting time watching this show...but that's just me.
Time for you to bone up on thread-crapping, son.
Old 11-28-05, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The episode with Austin involved a restaurant manager trying to get him to blame a busboy for stealing his phone. He wouldn't and said that that they should go look for it. I enjoyed it because they were trying to get him to call someone a thief and it blew up in their face when he reacted differently than they thought he would.
Old 11-28-05, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Time for you to bone up on thread-crapping, son.

Will do, dad.
Old 11-28-05, 01:34 PM

Don't you love people who go around telling people that they are idiots for liking something they don't? Here is a crazy idea and it will make your life much easier if you understand it. People have different preferences about things. And just because you don't like something and they do or vice versa doesn't make you better or smarter then them. It just means you are different and it is differences that make the world great. Maybe once you stop living with your parents and get out in the real world you will figure that out.

Oh and don't threadcrap it is really annoying.
Old 11-28-05, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Timberlake is tops, but also good is when Britney Spears and the Punkd crew tried to punk Ashton and he figured it out.
Old 11-28-05, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love when people make a point and then that point is lessened by making a remark about someone living in their parents' basement.

That is really annoying.
Old 11-28-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I found the Salma Hayek one amusing with Penelope Cruz in on the punk.
Old 11-28-05, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I haven't seen this show in ages....but the one that stands out in my mind is the one where Taye Diggs goes to the Doctor to get clearance to leave the country to do a movie. He has a huge fear of needles and sure enough.. The "Doc" pulls out one huge sucker... this was after a series of outrageous questions. Hysterical.
Old 11-28-05, 02:44 PM
Mod Emeritus

Silt, threadcrapping is against forum rules. If you aren't interested in the show, please don't post in the thread.
Old 11-28-05, 03:03 PM

actually i didn't say living in their parent's basement. I said living with their parents. Hoping that he is just some kid who will grow up and not be an ass. if it is an adult that lives on his own it makes it even more sad that he obviously has the mentality of a teenager.
Old 11-28-05, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I like the situations where the person getting punked either gets 'Really pissed' or start crying.

So for me, The Rock getting punked, about ready to deck one of the guys. Just great.
Old 11-28-05, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you've ever seen the one with actress Sofia Vergara, you'll know why its one of my favorites.

*pokies*
Old 11-28-05, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
The funniest, to me, were those clips where Ashton was telling that "kid-interviewer" what questions to ask to the un-suspecting celebs on the red carpet.

Poor Denise Richards and Pauly Shore.
Old 11-28-05, 04:26 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Frankie Muniz's car getting stolen was pretty good. Mainly because he was swearing and carrying on, sort of revealing his true self.

My least favorite Punk'ings are the ones who try to act tough and nonchalant afterwards, like Missy Elliot. Either laugh it off or tell them off, but the whole "whatever, I don't care" attitude makes bad tv.
Old 11-28-05, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wasn't there one with the guys from Outkast??
Old 11-28-05, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree. Why do people watch this crap?? Whyyy?
Old 11-28-05, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
I agree. Why do people watch this crap?? Whyyy?
Did you miss Dead's post about threadcrapping or are you just ignoring it???

See post #14.
Old 11-28-05, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,875 Likes on 1,235 Posts
I have a soft spot for the Mandy Moore one. They could've made a whole episode on that one bit alone -- there's a ton of cut footage on the DVD that's as funny as anything that made it into the episode.
Old 11-28-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ryuryu2949
Timberlake is tops, but also good is when Britney Spears and the Punkd crew tried to punk Ashton and he figured it out.
Even funnier is that she attempts to freestyle while the others try not to laugh.
Old 11-28-05, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have to say, without watching many PUNK'Ds, my favorite is the TO one. Especially when they start talking about Donovan McNabb

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.