Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Guatemala - 11/24/05

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be voted off the island tonight?
Danni
6.25%
Gary
62.50%
Steph
18.75%
Rafe
0%
Judd
12.50%
Lydia
0%
Cindy
0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-05, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Turkey Day Survivor

Preview:
Spoiler:
One Survivor's attempt to forge an alliance is overheard by a lurking tribemate.

A castaway is livid after a tribemate targets her for elimination in a Reward Challenge, which leads to an eruption back at camp.

Paranoia fills the air, leading one Survivor to declare, "Everyone is lying, even the people you'd least expect!"

Tribal Council is full of surprises when one Survivor takes advantage of the group setting to call out a tribemate. How will this influence the vote?

Voting History:
Old 11-24-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I voted for Steph based on the episode description......
Old 11-24-05, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
That was a great tribal council!
How sad was Lydia's pity party about wanting to eat? That part with the soup was pitiful.
Old 11-24-05, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Gary going down swinging at Tribal Council.

He's my favorite Dallas Cowboy ever, although that isn't saying much.
Old 11-24-05, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm shocked that they all voted for the same person - woulda thought it would be a close vote, but that's the magic of editing
Old 11-24-05, 08:03 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I was a big Steph fan after last season, and halfway through this season, but the last few weeks she has started to annoy me. Tonight she really showed her true colors. What a selfish bitch...

They definitely did the right thing in voting off Gary...but what did Lydia and Danni gain by voting for him?

Judd, Rafe, and Danni are the only ones I'd like to see win. Lydia is pathetic, Steph is a selfish snot who got a second chance that, IMO, she didn't deserve, and Cindy seems like a sneaky little bitch too.

I love everybody (including the increasingly annoying Probst) making such a big deal out of lying. Ummm, that's kind of the point of the game, no?

Probst also seems to have a love affair with Steph that I'm probably just now noticing because of my former infatuation with her. So Lydia says it's nothing personal, Probst says "Of course it's personal." Well, what are you supposed to do, not break anybody's pot? Sure, it's personal in that you have to select somebody - but it doesn't mean you dislike that person. Yeesh.

I'm rooting for Rafe. Count me as one of the people that saw him as a weak gay guy who would never win immunity. He's definitely proving us in that boat wrong, good for him.
Old 11-24-05, 08:06 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Gary going down swinging at Tribal Council.

I don't know. I took it as a a cheap theatric ploy. Further, after watching his phony sanctimonious closing video I lost even more respect for him. He lied about who he was simply because he wanted to be judged for how he played the game and not who he was? It had nothing to do with the fact that people would possibly resent him and feel he already had enough fame/money in life to be made the winner? And even if we take his word for it, than why bring up Stephanie's past? Why shouldn't everybody simply judge her on how she is playing the game? Good to see him gone.
Old 11-24-05, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Well, I was a big Steph fan after last season, and halfway through this season, but the last few weeks she has started to annoy me. Tonight she really showed her true colors. What a selfish bitch...

They definitely did the right thing in voting off Gary...but what did Lydia and Danni gain by voting for him?

Judd, Rafe, and Danni are the only ones I'd like to see win. Lydia is pathetic, Steph is a selfish snot who got a second chance that, IMO, she didn't deserve, and Cindy seems like a sneaky little bitch too.

I love everybody (including the increasingly annoying Probst) making such a big deal out of lying. Ummm, that's kind of the point of the game, no?

Probst also seems to have a love affair with Steph that I'm probably just now noticing because of my former infatuation with her. So Lydia says it's nothing personal, Probst says "Of course it's personal." Well, what are you supposed to do, not break anybody's pot? Sure, it's personal in that you have to select somebody - but it doesn't mean you dislike that person. Yeesh.

I'm rooting for Rafe. Count me as one of the people that saw him as a weak gay guy who would never win immunity. He's definitely proving us in that boat wrong, good for him.

I'm pretty tired of Steph too. Reminds me of all the gushing over Rupert. That's why I loved Gary's comments about getting her autograph after the game is over.

I'm rooting for Rafe too.
Old 11-24-05, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
BTW, Judd is an idiot. Why confess so easily that he lied about the idol? All he had to do was call bullshit and say Gary must be lying about where he found it just to stir up shit.
Old 11-24-05, 09:27 PM

I have been watching all season and I don't see that Steph is running the show nor I have seen anyone so in awe of her that they kowtow to every wish. In fact, it was Rafe who came up with idea to get rid of Jamie, not Queen Steph. Gary was just blowing smoke out his ass trying to stir things up.
I have admit that, even though I am huge Steph and I would like to see her win it, she was stupid going off like that once they got back to camp after the rewards challenge. Why antagonize the people who are going to end up deciding who will be the sole Survivor. She's got enough strikes against her being a fomer player as it is, so she doesn't need anymore. What she should have done was busted one of her own pots during the RC, since she went on the last reward, so as to let someone else get a chance to go feast, like Rafe and Cindy.

Rafe has really come a long way since his rope ladder fiasco in the beginning of the game. The dude is dominating.

As for the IC, whenever they have a challenge like that I always think back to these three words: "I don't know"

Last edited by monkyskunk; 11-24-05 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-24-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Maxflier
BTW, Judd is an idiot. Why confess so easily that he lied about the idol? All he had to do was call bullshit and say Gary must be lying about where he found it just to stir up shit.

Because Probst inserted himself into the game again and called Judd out after Gary brought it up. If Probst wouldn't have said he was just caught in a lie then maybe he could have talked himself out of it.
Old 11-24-05, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Gary calling out Judd, one of the most hilarious tribal council moments ever!
Old 11-24-05, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Stephanie needs to get over herself. It appears she has bought into her own hype.

Sorry to see Gary go. I knew he couldn't last long, but I was hoping he could pull it off somehow.
Old 11-24-05, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, Steph is really getting annoying. I had always liked her prior to this episode. Rafe is going to win this. I never would've guess it, but he's been great in the challenges lately. Judd's calling what Gary said a lie was stupid. Of course Gary is going to try to make alliances with anyone who will listen. It doesn't mean Gary thinks they "deserve" to win any more than someone else. He is just trying to stay in the game. Judd can't be voted out soon enough in my opinion.
Old 11-24-05, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by taa455
Gary calling out Judd, one of the most hilarious tribal council moments ever!

Yeah I think he did about all he could do. At the very least hopefully he took Judd down with him.
Old 11-25-05, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts
Originally Posted by monkyskunk
As for the IC, whenever they have a challenge like that I always think back to these three words: "I don't know"
Who was that? Rudy?
Old 11-25-05, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If Rafe stumbles and doesn't win immunity, he's a goner. Danni and Lydia are next to be cut loose if Rafe continues to win immunity.
Old 11-25-05, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Todd B.
Who was that? Rudy?
Yeah, the one where they ran around video taping themselves answering the questions, and Rudy said, "I don't know" to every one of them. What made it even better was for some reason he would still run to the next station to repeat the scene. It was the single funniest thing I've ever seen on Survivor.
Old 11-25-05, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I only caught the last half of the show since I was at mom's and didn't notice what time it was. She came in and started watching with me and within 5 minutes asked if that was Gary Hogeboom. My mom is 52 and a casual football fan so I'm guessing it is possible that Danni actually recognized him and wasn't told ahead of time. To clarify my mom doesn't watch Survivor so she wouldn't have gotten the knowledge from the show. She also thinks it's prtty dumb so I doubt she read any articles about it.
As for the actual ep, wasn't that big of a surprise who got voted out. Hopefully calling Judd out will result in him getting booted but I doubt it. Out of everyone left he's the one I'd want to take to the final two since he's so boorish and an ass. I did get a kick out of him getting so many questions wrong during the immunity challenge.
Old 11-25-05, 05:08 AM
Cool New Member

For those who missed the episode, they have it on the CBS page. I haven't checked it but it's described as the entire episode

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor11/encore.shtml
Old 11-25-05, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Its about time Gary got the boot. He's so annoying.
Old 11-25-05, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Steph dropped her head and was none too pleased when Gary called Judd out on the idol lie. I'm sure she was thinking about how he went straight to her with the clue and 'confided' in her. It'll be interesting to see how she reacts to that as things move along.
Old 11-25-05, 08:33 AM

Why would Steph be mad about that? Didn't Judd tell her, and only her, the truth about the idol's possible location?
Old 11-25-05, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I hope Rafe does not buy into the Judd/Steph alliance, I really hate Steph now. Lydia was right calling Steph on the food. While Steph has been CHOOSEN - not winning it herself, to go on 2 big meals, while the same time Lydia got a small fish, not too even miss high and mighty.

I just hope Gary reveals himself in the final and says, oh yeah I am already a millionaire!
Old 11-25-05, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Triple S
Why would Steph be mad about that? Didn't Judd tell her, and only her, the truth about the idol's possible location?
I thought he told her it was on the ground too. Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I thought the lie started with her like it was a favor to her but then proceeded to tell everyone else too. Wouldn't she have been looking in the trees too otherwise?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.