Reunion -- "1991" -- 11/17/05

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-05, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Reunion -- "1991" -- 11/17/05

"1991" Episode #106.
Spoiler:
Sam and Will's daughter is kidnapped, and Sam is forced to tell Craig the truth about her pregnancy; Will returns from the Persian Gulf with a final errand to complete for a friend who was killed in action.

Cast: Will Estes, Sean Faris, Dave Annable, Alexa Davalos, Amanda Righetti, Chyler Leigh, Mathew St. Patrick, George Newbern, Jaclyn Gutierrez, Camille Sullivan, Bill Mondy, Daniel Bacon, Martin Cummings, Gina Holden.
Producer(s): Jon Harmon Feldman, Steve Pearlman, Andrew Plotkin .

Original Airdate: November 17, 2005.
Old 11-17-05, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
overall a pretty blah episode. i did think the army buddy's sister was hot though.
Old 11-18-05, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Either my standards are getting lower, or this show is getting better. I find myself liking it more and more. Although some of the acting is still pretty bad.
Old 11-18-05, 01:21 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
This should we ware much better in a back-to-back episode way. A DVD boxset would be great, but after each week I forget about the characters and what they do/who they are.
Old 11-18-05, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts
You know, it just hit me tonight how the girl who plays Carla reads her lines really awkwardly sometimes.

The show was pretty decent. I thought there were some nice character interactions, like between Craig and Sam, and between Craig and Aaron.

Anyone think we'll flash forward a year next episode to find Craig and the secretary gettin' it on?
Old 11-19-05, 01:08 AM

seems like theyre trying to trick us into thinking that maybe craig killed sam by what jenna said about never forgiviing him for what he did.. but i'm guessing that shes referring to him cheating on her ?

the acting is pretty bad on this show, but i still love it
Old 11-19-05, 04:11 AM

I would figure that the detective looking into the murder might be geting a bit frustrated with interviewing people that only have a one year memory of things.

This show is overall pretty bad but for some reason I keep watching and enjoy it.
Old 11-19-05, 12:25 PM

I agree this isnt a very good show but i continue to watch. I think the main reason i like it is purely for the concept of the show and the occasional 80's,90's referance joke.
Old 11-19-05, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
This should we ware much better in a back-to-back episode way. A DVD boxset would be great, but after each week I forget about the characters and what they do/who they are.

This is exactly what happens to me... It takes me a full ½ hour to refresh my memory.
Old 11-20-05, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Either my standards are getting lower, or this show is getting better. I find myself liking it more and more. Although some of the acting is still pretty bad.
Right there with you. I can forgive the bad acting, just because the story, and how it's unfolding is interesting.
Old 11-20-05, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Anyone think we'll flash forward a year next episode to find Craig and the secretary gettin' it on?
From watching the scenes from the next episode (the week after Thanksgiving), I'm pretty sure that they hinted that will happen.

The next episode is what....1992 - I think? Anyone have predictions for the songs that we'll hear? From looking at the track listing for the Billboard 1992 cd, my money's on "I'm Too Sexy" and "Baby Got Back". And maybe a Clinton reference as well.
Old 11-20-05, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
Originally Posted by Bateman
I would figure that the detective looking into the murder might be geting a bit frustrated with interviewing people that only have a one year memory of things.

This show is overall pretty bad but for some reason I keep watching and enjoy it.
You know, I have thought the same thing. Why would he only get one year's worth of information? I realize that is the conceit of the show, but come on. He just allows murder suspects to tell him about a year in their lives and then shrugs, "OK, I won't force you to stress your memory anymore."

I know this has been mentioned before, but jumping a year every episode really takes some dramatic momentum away from the show. I mean you get left with a cliffhanger in the past, but then when you return to the past, it's already resolved and new issues are coming up.

I have heard that if this show gets picked up for a second season (highly doubtful) that next year will feature an all-new cast and another mystery. Why can't U.S. networks just let a show be a one-season story? Some things just aren't meant to be stretched this thin. As it is, the execution of what sounds like a great concept (one year every episode) just hasn't been that strong. That being said, I'll still be watching. I've come this far, and everyone needs a little guilty pleasure in their life.