TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Supernatural -- "Home" -- 11/15/05

Old 11-15-05, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Supernatural -- "Home" -- 11/15/05

"Home" Episode #108.
Spoiler:
A vision of a woman trapped in his childhood house haunts Sam, and he convinces reluctant Dean that they need to go home.

Cast: Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Loretta Devine.
Director(s): Ken Girotti.
Producer(s): Eric Kripke, Robert Singer.
Writer(s): Eric Kripke.

Original Airdate: November 15, 2005.
Old 11-15-05, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
D'oh! My Tuesdays are choked. I'm gonna have to fire up the VRC if I wanna see this episode!
Old 11-15-05, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Tuesdays, too! In fact, I've had to resort to recording the "Supernatural" rerun on Sundays instead.
Old 11-15-05, 06:42 PM

I have to do the same thing. I am really glad the WB repeats this on Sunday's at Nine.
Old 11-16-05, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This episode was pretty intense. The main characters got to show a lot more emotion than usual, and some of the series mythology comes to light...also, the ending was pretty damn good. One of the best shows on TV IMO and certainly the best "horror" type show I've seen that is consistantly scary.

MATT
Old 11-16-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Man good episode. I don't care how old you are, a "thing" catching on fire in your closet would scare the sh*t outta anyone.

Couldn't f'in believe that it was the mom.
I wonder what the hell the dad was hiding from? I bet he must of had dreams about his wife's death and did nothing about it, like Sam and his girlfriend .
Just a thought.
Old 11-16-05, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was a great episode. My favorite to date. Really creapy. I don't know if this is the best show on TV, but it's certainly the one I enjoy the most. It's just plain fun.
Old 11-17-05, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another great episode this week. I actually got goosebumps a couple of times. The show is building nicely. Nice to see the dad show up at the end, caught me completely by surprise. I was expecting Missouri to get fired up. Hopefully he has a decent reason for avoiding his sons like that.
Old 11-17-05, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
This was a great episode. My favorite to date. Really creapy. I don't know if this is the best show on TV, but it's certainly the one I enjoy the most. It's just plain fun.
That's exactly how I feel.
Old 11-17-05, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I realy liked this episode as well but i thought the ending was somewhat predictable.
Old 11-18-05, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
When I saw the fire walking I had a feeling it was going to be the mother, but I can't say I expected to see the father there at the end. Good, fun, creepy episode.
Old 11-18-05, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved all the put-downs Dean got in this episode along with his facial expressions.

I think they should've added Missouri to the crew full-time, seems the "team" could use that kind of extra help. Granted, Sam may be turning into their own version anyway.
Old 11-19-05, 01:54 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
I thought it was the best episode since the first. Missouri's constatn ripping on Dean was pretty funny. Can't wait to find out what's up with the dad.
Old 11-21-05, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Very good/creepy episode. I would love to see Missouri become a recurring character.
Old 11-21-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
I still enjoyed it, but that was my least favorite episode so far. At first, I thought it was too derivative of Poltergeist, but then they acknowledged it when Dean said "Missouri did her Zelda Rubenstein thing."
I thought the mother was way too calm about all the stuff that happened and I hated to see the
Spoiler:
writers giving Sam psychic powers. Maybe they are going after the "Medium"/"Ghost Whisperer" audience.
Old 11-21-05, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
for this episode. It needed to get back to the root of their problems and this episode did just that.
Old 11-22-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Very cool episode. I really liked it. I had to a bit when the kid climbed into the fridge. Who takes all the shelves out of their fridge and stores their food in a big pile? Anyway, still a great ep. Loved Missouri and I really thought she was going to bite it by the end. Glad she's still around. The ending caught me off guard. I thought the Dad was going to show up and save them. Interesting that the Mom's spirit ended up doing it. Very cool. Yeah, I want to know why the hell the Dad is hiding from them. Maybe he was messing with something that caused their Mom's death? And he could feel guilty about it.
Old 11-23-05, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think the Dad is trying to pull Sam in to the degree Dean has been.

Nice to see Marla Hendricks (Loretta Devine) getting some work after Boston Public. I wouldn't mind her as a recurring character like The Lone Gunman were for a while on The X-Files.

Good episode - now I'm more invested and interested in the show. Just in time too since having to VHS this one after the show moved to 9pm on the WB affliate up against Desperate Housewives and the "Animation Domination on FOX", this show was treading on shaky ground for me.