Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Arrested Development fans, unite: Express how down you are, the AD way!

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-05, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ADFansAreDown - Click here to check it out!

I almost posted this in the TV folder, but since this is more about a project for people than it is about talking about episodes of the show and whatever, I posted it here. If it needs to be moved I understand. Anyway, here is the initial post I posted near the end of this thread:

I don't know how you people would think about this, but what the heck. It's got a very positive reaction from those I've told about it so far. It's what I thought of for AD fans to express how down we all are...in the AD way.

This may sound stupid as hell, but just bare with me.

What would you guys think of starting a website, either not on MySpace or on MySpace under a brand new page, where we invite all of those people out there who are down about AD being "canceled" (no official word from FOX yet I don't think, but 'come on", it's over for now) to send us short video clips of them, and others that they know, doing the "Christmas Time Is Here/Charlie Brown" sad walk. You know what I'm talking about:

People could either submit them as .AVI or other such files and have me and/or some of you other guys convert them into .GIF files as seen above. We'd then post all of the animations on the same page, or a series of pages, and of course have the music playing all the while.

It sounds stupid, but it would be very funny, and would of course be the perfect way for AD fans to express how down we all are about all of this. If you want to jump on board and try to make something wacky like this happen, post here and let's brainstorm.
I've got a bunch of people already going to do it with me, so the more the merrier.

If any of you want to join, email me.
Well, as you can see I went ahead and started this last night, and I've already had a few clips submitted as you can see on the MySpace site linked at the start of this post. I know how insane some of you guys are, so I figured that at least a few of you would want to take part. Anyway, there you go.

Check out the site, have a laugh, and if you want to take part in some way, contact me.
Old 11-13-05, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A quick bump.
Old 11-13-05, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
That's a pretty clever idea. Hopefully it catches on.
Old 11-13-05, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great idea. Maybe we get enough people and it will come back.

Wishful thinking.
Old 11-13-05, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Of course not. But if the show must go down, I might as well have fun with it.
Old 11-13-05, 08:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I almost posted this in the TV folder, but since this is more about a project for people than it is about talking about episodes of the show and whatever, I posted it here. If it needs to be moved I understand.
Actually the forum breakdown and what thread belongs where is more about finding the right audience. Since there are probably some who would like to read about this but never visit Other it makes more sense to have it in the TV forum.