Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Guatemala - 11/10/05

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be voted off the island tonight?
Bobby Jon
73.68%
Danni
0%
Gary
10.53%
Jamie
0%
Steph
5.26%
Rafe
0%
Judd
5.26%
Lydia
5.26%
Cindy
0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-05, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Preview:
Spoiler:
One Survivor deceives the others by giving them the wrong clues to where the hidden Immunity idol rests.

Several Survivors become angry after one overindulges in a Reward.

One Survivor secretly follows a tribemate on a hunt for the hidden Immunity idol and soon finds out that the tribemate is not to be trusted.
Old 11-10-05, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unless there is a shift of alliance, it looks like Bobby Jon is going to be voted out next.
Old 11-10-05, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did Steph get bitten by a mosquito? Her left eye is puffy
Old 11-10-05, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Judd is a fucking idiot. I knew Gary would get the hidden immunity.
Old 11-10-05, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That was AMAZING! Gary is the only player left I really like. Too cool!!!
Old 11-10-05, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I really wish Gary or Danni win this season.
Old 11-10-05, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by zuffy
I really wish Gary or Danni win this season.
I forgot about Danni. She's good too.
Old 11-10-05, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
@ Rafe going headfirst into the water. Was that not hilarious or what?
Hated to see Bobby Jon have to go home, but it is pretty remarkable that he made it this far with seeing as how he had the advantage/disadvantage of already having played the game.

By the way, survivor must have the fastest credits ever, you don't even have a chance to read the names because it's like they are running in fast forward.

Last edited by Maxflier; 11-10-05 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-10-05, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, is Gary now immune until the final four?
Old 11-10-05, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BlackCapTen
So, is Gary now immune until the final four?
No, he could only use the hidden immunity idol once. He's going to have to win immunity for awhile if he hopes to make the final four. Glad to see Steph is still in the game.

Last edited by Dubya; 11-10-05 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-10-05, 09:04 PM

I gotta say, Steph is kind of a bitch this season. Aside from the fact that there would be no hot girls left to look at, I wouldn't mind seeing her go.
Old 11-10-05, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dubya
No, he could only use the hidden immunity idol once. He's going to have to win immunity for awhile if he hopes to make the final four. Glad to see Steph is still in the game.
Ah, ok. Last week I thought I heard them say something about being safe until the final four.

I wonder if they'll hide the idol again for someone to find.
Old 11-10-05, 10:35 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Can someone just boot Jamie and Judd? They have to be some of the most annoying contestants ever. This season has been pretty weak, IMO.
Old 11-10-05, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BlackCapTen
Ah, ok. Last week I thought I heard them say something about being safe until the final four.
Whoever found it could have held onto it until the final five, but once it got down to four it could no longer be used.
Old 11-10-05, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
I was really hoping Gary would expose the Judd/Steph immunity idol location lies (Judd lied to everyone, and Steph knew it and kept quiet). It would have really shook things up, and Steph or Judd would likely have gotten the boot tonight. It would have been one of the greatest Survivor swerves ever.

Speaking of Steph, her act has worn far thinner on me this season than last, when she was merely the most overrated player ever. Now she is starting to genuinely annoy me.
Old 11-10-05, 11:09 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Gary could have called out Judd for lying, but he had no idea that Judd told Steph, so there is no way she would have been called out or booted. Lets hope Gary tries to shake things up next week, or else he is gone next and then Danni.
Old 11-11-05, 12:07 AM

Gary has to say something about the idol if he wants to stay in the game. I understand that he does not want to make any enemies, so all out exposing Judd is not the best option. Instead he should just casually say he found it in the trees and not on the ground. Hopefully the other survivors will be smart enough to remember what Judd told them. Plus Judd just sweared at tribal council that he has yet to lie. But then again, everyone on Judd's team are scared little pussies and will still do whatever he and Steph say.
Old 11-11-05, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Eric D.
Gary has to say something about the idol if he wants to stay in the game. I understand that he does not want to make any enemies, so all out exposing Judd is not the best option. Instead he should just casually say he found it in the trees and not on the ground. Hopefully the other survivors will be smart enough to remember what Judd told them. Plus Judd just sweared at tribal council that he has yet to lie. But then again, everyone on Judd's team are scared little pussies and will still do whatever he and Steph say.
Very nicely put! I'm rooting for Gary all the way!
Old 11-11-05, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I was really hoping Gary would expose the Judd/Steph immunity idol location lies (Judd lied to everyone, and Steph knew it and kept quiet). It would have really shook things up, and Steph or Judd would likely have gotten the boot tonight. It would have been one of the greatest Survivor swerves ever.

Speaking of Steph, her act has worn far thinner on me this season than last, when she was merely the most overrated player ever. Now she is starting to genuinely annoy me.
I don't think calling Judd out would have been a problem at all. The 6 stuck with Jamie when he really deserved to go, so this wouldn't have caused any trouble that Judd couldn't have gotten past.

Steph certainly wasn't going to get any backlash for just not saying that Judd decided to lie.

I think Steph was over-rated as a player, but she was such a likeable and hot loser and she tried so hard, that people loved her.

I think she's not quite as good as a winner. She seems pretty caught up in just herself and I would guess she's not used to how to act when she's in power. I'd still like for her to win, because the most over-rated tag would be gone for good.

I think her real test, if the 6 get rid of the remaining 2, is to see how Steph manages to control the other players. She's not going to win physical challenges, the other 5 will eventually talk about her having played before, and she's also not the kind of person that you'd want to take to the finals because she won't get votes. So, she'll have to be better than she ever has been to get to the end.
Old 11-11-05, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bludvls33
Gary could have called out Judd for lying...
Danni could have called out Gary for lying. Again.

Gary's no more morally high than Judd.
Old 11-11-05, 01:12 AM

Gary should talk to Judd and see if he can buy another 2 days by keeping his mouth shut about his lie and have them vote out Danni.
Old 11-11-05, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
BJ should have pointed out that Steph is gonna dump Jamie and Judd IMMEDIATLY after BJ and Gary (with Dani following)...Steph would dominate challenges with Rafe, Cindy, and Fishmonger.
Old 11-11-05, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Lordy, if that lame-ass fishmonger wins, that would be the biggest shame in Survivor history.
Old 11-11-05, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
BJ should have pointed out that Steph is gonna dump Jamie and Judd IMMEDIATLY after BJ and Gary (with Dani following)...Steph would dominate challenges with Rafe, Cindy, and Fishmonger.
Even though it would be more entertaining for us, there is no good reason and no sane reason to vote against the 6 you're together with now. You have the numbers and you know you're going to have to turn on your own later, so why make them even more pissed by breaking the alliance now?

Even if Jamie and Judd knew Steph and the others are planning that (are they?), keeping BJ wouldn't have made things any easier.
Old 11-11-05, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
The best play for Gary is to not to call Judd out, but to tell them where he found it and let them figure out for themselves that he lied. Then, Gary needs to pull Rafe, Cindy, and Lydia together with he and Danni and take control of the game.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.