Reload this Page >

Justice League Unlimited Season 3

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-28-05, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, this series officially needs to end NOW. I mean, when you have the JLU fighting robot sharks for no reason whatsoever but than to have them fight something, you know a show's creative well is dried up.
Old 10-28-05, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Which episode are you talking about?

I thought last season's season-long arc of the build-up to the fall of the Justice League was great. And so far this season, I've really enjoyed the Legion of Doom aspect of it, seeing so many villains organized together. Looks like another great season long build-up.
Old 10-28-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You shut up! Robot sharks are awesome.
Old 10-28-05, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I think this is the one that had to do with the island where the technology was stored and that old guy came back w/ his plane.

You are missing the bigger picture, though. The story line was only a minor plot point in the overall story of the Legion of Doom.
Old 10-28-05, 12:47 PM

The people behind JLU are walking a tightrope - they want to appeal to new fans while giving old fans (who have followed the comic books) something to catch their eye. If you ever read Blackhawk towards the end of its run, robot sharks totally fit.
Old 10-28-05, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
You are missing the bigger picture, though. The story line was only a minor plot point in the overall story of the Legion of Doom.
Exactly. It wasn't a 22 minute episode dedicated to the eradication of robot sharks.
Old 10-28-05, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

JLU rocks.
Old 10-28-05, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
What ^ said..
Old 10-28-05, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mattrk
The people behind JLU are walking a tightrope - they want to appeal to new fans while giving old fans (who have followed the comic books) something to catch their eye. If you ever read Blackhawk towards the end of its run, robot sharks totally fit.
Yeah, but it doesn't work for the same reason that having pre-crisis Superman in there is a bad idea: because it's a lame idea to begin with.

I did enjoy the last two seasons though, because of the long-running storylines and the interesting characterizations, but the latest storylines have been really bland, and the one-liners have been atrociouly flat.

The Legion of Doom is a great idea, but it makes me wonder why the JLU hasn't learned their lesson and realized that their enemies DO organize against them in subtle ways. How stupid are they? Also, why does Bizzaro get a head seat at the big table? Cookie Monster would have been a better choice.
Old 10-29-05, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
You shut up! Robot sharks are awesome.
The only way they could be better is if they had friggen laserbeams attached to their heads!!
Old 10-29-05, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

When are they giving this? Everytime I turn to Cartoon Network all they're giving is Naruto.
Old 10-30-05, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
JLU is currently on hiatus. I believe it comes back in January.