Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Guatemala - 10/27/05

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will win Reward/Immunity?
Yaxha will win Reward & Immunity
60.00%
Nakum will win Reward & Immunity
0%
Yaxha will win Reward; Nakum will win Immunity
40.00%
Nakum will win Reward; Yaxha will win Immunity
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Guatemala - 10/27/05

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-05, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems like they should have voted off Gary for strategic purposes. Gary is a strong player and the guy who gave immunity last week gave it to Gary, so you know he is going to have some alliances after the merge.
Old 10-28-05, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
I'd be really impressed with Danni if she really was positive of Gary's identity and was just holding on to that information for the right moment. That would be some pretty clever gameplay. Though I fear what's more likely is that it won't be an issue until the final reunion show. One thing that's working for Gary is that he really isn't that good of a player. Some might think a former NFLer to be an elite athlete (even at this age), but he's really been nondescript in the challenges. Lydia's got to be the happiest about the merge. Easily the weakest member, now she could keep hanging around just because no one sees her as a threat.
Old 10-28-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I think Lydia has a good shot of flying under the radar, hooking up with a solid alliance, and going pretty far, a la Sandra from a few seasons ago.
Old 10-28-05, 11:46 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
One thing that's working for Gary is that he really isn't that good of a player. Some might think a former NFLer to be an elite athlete (even at this age), but he's really been nondescript in the challenges.
I think he's playing very well. I believe he's been nondescript in the challenges by design, purposely letting other people take the lead at times. That has to be a little hard for a QB to let others feel like they are in charge. For example, in the competition where they had to throw things at targets Gary just stayed in the background and looked like he had no intention of showing how well he could throw. It would have been easy for him to jump up and say "I can hit that one at 40 yards." He might have thrown an interception first, but he still probably would have hit the target before anyone else.
Old 10-28-05, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
It's pretty amazing how they continue to come up with new and tough challenges day after day, year after year. That winding up/unwinding one was cool, and it was painful to watch that group tied up and tipped over.
I think Brandon's doing pretty dang well myself--pretty subdued, good in the challenges, not a big mouth, nice guy etc.....
Old 10-28-05, 06:51 PM

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
is Bobby Jon the STUPIDEST Survivor contestant ever???

Not to be too mean but the guy really comes across like he's dumb as a post. A new low for Southern rednecks everywhere...I can't believe he actually made it onto the jury.

Let Stephanie win and end this season already!
Old 10-28-05, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Bobby Jon hasn't made it to the jury, there are 10 players left, but the jury starts when 9 players are left.
Old 10-29-05, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Decker
Sure. The only thing better than watching someone let fish eat at his festering sores is to watch said person then try to EAT those fish.
Best scene so far of this season.
Old 10-29-05, 07:30 PM

stephs staying for at least one more week !
Old 10-29-05, 09:07 PM

i'm tired of stephanie.........kick her off. We still have Cindy and Danni to gaze at.
Old 10-29-05, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why would I wanna gaze at a walking skeleton like Dani. She was a little too skinny when the show started. Now she's just kinda gross. Cindy on the other hand has a bangin body.
Old 10-29-05, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by the action
i'm tired of stephanie.........kick her off. We still have Cindy and Danni to gaze at.
>>agrees...I was a Steph fan last year and now she needs to either go or lose in the final two! I would love to hear her bitch about that!
Old 10-29-05, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bluesix
is Bobby Jon the STUPIDEST Survivor contestant ever???

Not to be too mean but the guy really comes across like he's dumb as a post. A new low for Southern rednecks everywhere...I can't believe he actually made it onto the jury.
"It's been a lifelong dream of mine to be on the jury on Survivor."

So he's like, what...7 years old?
Old 10-29-05, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Who's got the southernest accent: Cindy or Darrah?