DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Boston Legal "Men to Boys" 10-25-05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/442733-boston-legal-men-boys-10-25-05-a.html)

Chew 10-25-05 07:43 AM

Boston Legal "Men to Boys" 10-25-05

http://abc.go.com/primetime/bostonle...4/large_12.jpg
Spoiler:
When an old case she neglected comes up for trial, Denise Bauer frantically prepares for her defense against an auto manufacturer whose defective pick-up truck caused a fire that killed a terminally ill woman. Garrett Wells' research trip to the file room of the opposing law firm turns steamy when he meets Cassie (Tamara Feldman), an audaciously outspoken paralegal. Meanwhile Alan Shore, still trying to get over Tara Wilson, takes Sara Holt to dinner and embarrasses her by giving his own public service announcement to a crowded restaurant. And when Lori Colson (Monica Potter) files an internal complaint against Denny Crane for sexual harassment, Shirley Schmidt insists that he apologize, leading Denny from the frying pan into the fire.

IIRC, five episodes were held back from last year. If so, wouldn't this episode be the Season 1 finale?

Red Dog 10-25-05 09:22 PM

"Did you tell Lori that you liked chubby sex?"

"I meant it as a complement."

rotfl

"I've Been Schmidtcanned!!!"

MrX 10-25-05 09:32 PM

"I haven't had sex with a camel since I was in the army, and the camel didn't complain":lol:

invisiblegt 10-25-05 10:24 PM

Well, the OBP on the show really needs to go. Bring back Kerry Washington, please...

I'm not sad to see Monica Potter go. She's... horribly unremarkable in the show. It's like she's channeling her "Saw" character.

The "my brother was killed" thing just doesn't feel right. And the fact that they're dragging it out until at least next week is even worse.

However, Spader and Shatner's relationship on the show is incredible. The moments they share on the balcony are astounding in their feeling...

Red Dog 10-25-05 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
The "my brother was killed" thing just doesn't feel right. And the fact that they're dragging it out until at least next week is even worse.

Yeah it was forced, but the chick was smokin' hot and while I know that many hate the DEK political slant, it should be interesting to see how they approach the case next episode.

Patman 10-25-05 11:52 PM

The paralegal had like too much teeth or something.

tofu 10-26-05 12:32 AM

I agree that she had some kind of weird lisp. It think she had an overbite. Still very pretty.

They really need to pair Alan up with another girl now that Tara is gone. Some of his best stuff comes from when he's pursuing somebody. It would be interesting to see him go after Denise.

Chew 10-27-05 05:55 AM

That "chubby sex" speech from Denny was great. :lol:

Should be interesting to see where they take this "brother in Iraq" plotline.

B.A. 10-27-05 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
The paralegal had like too much teeth or something.

I think I would be able to look past her over-bite.

:D

Decker 10-27-05 02:59 PM

I liked Monica Potter saying "I've been marginalized as an attorney." You think?
I still don't think Julie Bowen brings much more to the table and I think she's suffering serious over-exposure. And those new first-years just suck.
Remember how last season's de-facto cliffhanger was Schmitt and Paul planning Denny's ouster? What happened with that?

And as seasoned as I am with DEK and the soapbox he has had surgically attached to his feet, can he PLEASE get off the farmed salmon kick? Seroiously, it's beyond silly and I'm really sick of this issue dominating the show. He needs to either move on or change the name of the series to Salmon Legal.

Tazwolff 10-27-05 04:25 PM

As much as I love having Julie Bowen on the show now, they need to explain where the hell she came from. So far since the season started they treat her character as if she's been there all along.

As for Monica Potter, yeah her character was pointless and it would have been nice to see her developed more. But I think the main reason why she left is because her 3rd child is due sometime this fall.

Red Dog 10-27-05 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tazwolff
As much as I love having Julie Bowen on the show now, they need to explain where the hell she came from. So far since the season started they treat her character as if she's been there all along.

Why do they need to explain where she came from? I just assume she is one of the numerous senior associates that work at the firm that we just haven't seen until this year.

Jadzia 10-27-05 05:05 PM

It's like Buffy's sister Dawn. :lol:

Legolas 10-27-05 06:10 PM

She spent the whole first season hanging out with Rebecca DeMornay and Gina Gershon's characters. :)

mikehunt 10-30-05 03:49 PM

How you learned about me and the camel I have no idea