DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   what show to catch up on 1st (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/442371-what-show-catch-up-1st.html)

superman69 10-21-05 06:20 PM

what show to catch up on 1st

hello, i was in here askin a week ago about which shows to keep and which to drop. well we still havent made any decision on them, and havent given many a chance yet, in your order, which shows would you catch up on 1st (these are all stored in the DVR and filling fast)

Invasion, Ghost Whisperer, Threshold, Supernatural, Surface and Night Stalker.

also as an added bonus which of these shows am i complete tool for tryin to keep up on?

DRG 10-21-05 06:31 PM

I never watched Surface. I gave up on Ghost Whisperer after one episode, and just gave up on Invasion and Threshold a short while later. Invasion was just too slow and uninteresting, while Threshold never lived up to the promise of the pilot. I'm enjoying Supernatural and Night Stalker so far.

riley_dude 10-21-05 06:45 PM

I went in with high hopes for Threshold, Supernatural, Surface and Invasion and was bored by all of them. I deleted them off my tivo after about 3 weeks.
The big surprises was Commander in Chief and My Name is Earl, two shows I didnt even think I would like.

superman69 10-21-05 06:50 PM

i like earl and the wife watches C-in-C, but we have alot of fodder to discard of, and lookin for anything that may be decent in the crap we have saved

das Monkey 10-21-05 06:53 PM

I hate to be a Negative Nancy, but none of it is any good. If I had to pick, I'd go with <i>Supernatural</i> or <i>Night Stalker</i> if only because they don't pretend to be good and are simple but average entertainment. The others are more painful to watch IMO. <i>Invasion</i>'s great for insomnia, though.

das

rkndkn 10-21-05 08:23 PM

I'd watch "Supernatural" first.

Slayer2005 10-21-05 08:25 PM

Supernatural. Entertaining X-Filesesque monster of the week series. Doesn't seem to have much depth or heart like a Buffy or Angel (hell, or even Smallville), but as a monster of the week series it gets the job done very well and is actually pretty creepy sometimes. It's like a short horror movie every week, so I'm enjoying it.

garmonbozia 10-21-05 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by superman69
Invasion, Ghost Whisperer, Threshold, Supernatural, Surface and Night Stalker.

I've dropped all these shows but Supernatural, which I really enjoy watching.

DeadLamb 10-21-05 11:03 PM

ok just thinking of the idea of "catching up" as in you need to see the eps in a some sort of order I would rank them like this..

Surface
Threshold
Invasion
Supernatural
Night Stalker
Ghost Whisperer

in no way do I think that list has the better shows on the top.. It is really up for debate if you will even want to watch more then an ep or two of Invasion and so on.. Still, you don't really need to see older eps of the last 3 on the list to catch up right away.. I mean "They hunt bad stuff while looking for dad", "He reports on strange stuff", "She can see ghost".. Wow, all caught up. :)

so it's really a dice roll.. pick the shows many think are better or watch the shows that benefit from early eps to build up a story line.. IMO throw Invasion off the list.. Show is pretty bad and moves sooo slow you could watch the first ep and then just jump to now and really miss very little..

MrX 10-22-05 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
<i>Invasion</i>'s great for insomnia, though.

Threshold knocked me out about 10 minutes in tonight:lol:

Michael Corvin 10-22-05 01:57 AM

ABC picked up Invasion for the whole season. So people shouldn't have a problem getting to sleep at least one day of the week through May.

das Monkey 10-22-05 04:10 AM

MrX

Threshold knocked me out about 10 minutes in tonight:lol:

I can't sleep and laugh at the same time. :shrug: ;)

das

MrX 10-22-05 11:02 AM

It must be affecting my theta waves differently

superman69 10-22-05 11:18 AM

i dont know, we watched eps of Surface last night. my wife thinks it is movin somewhere, im not so convinced. the kid-pet creature angle bugs me. watched the 1st episode of Supernatural, i can see how that would get repetitive, but the youthful energy of the show is kinda refreshing. just hopin to find the next breakout hit from this lot and it seems to beall duds.
we Love 24, Lost, 2 1/2 men, SVU and Earl. lesser shows would be Survivor and the adam corolla project. (she of course watches desperate housewives, medium, er, house, greys anatomy, C-in-C, and a few others) Seems like the ones i have saved on the DVR are by no means in the class of anything we currently watch,which i guess i was kinda hopin for in this thread

MrX 10-22-05 11:25 AM

If you're looking for the next Lost or DH from the new hour longs this season you can stop looking, there isn't one.

superman69 10-22-05 11:41 AM

not even so much lookin for the new Lost or DH, just lookin for somethin worthwhile. btw we love Prisonbreak as well

dhmac 10-24-05 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by superman69
not even so much lookin for the new Lost or DH, just lookin for somethin worthwhile. btw we love Prisonbreak as well

Something worthwhile? In that case, dump them all and add My Name Is Earl and The Office to your DVR ASAP!