DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Joey "Joey and the ESL" 10-20-05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/442297-joey-joey-esl-10-20-05-a.html)

Chew 10-21-05 06:42 AM

Joey "Joey and the ESL" 10-20-05

Joey decides to enroll in an English as a second language class just to attract the attention of a beautiful woman. Elsewhere, Gina decides to help Bobbie try and find a new client.
The classroom scenes gave me the biggest sense of the old Friends Joey that I haven't had nearly as much in the spin-off.

But, why exactly was this episode still taking place in his apartment?

boogieman03 10-21-05 07:39 AM

Kinda funny episode. Gina was annoying though.

Who in the world was that chick Joey was after.

Wowza.

movieking 10-21-05 08:06 AM

Alex didn't get enough screentime last night.

The whole ESL thing was pretty ridiculous.

Gina looked pretty good.

It was an "eh" show.

Draven 10-21-05 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
But, why exactly was this episode still taking place in his apartment?

He did ask Michael to go with him to see what the house looked like on a Tuesday.

The house he bought looked pretty "lived in," so I doubt Betty White has had a chance to move out yet. I think "moving day" will be a focus of an upcoming ep.

This one was kinda "eh" for me too, though I still enjoy the show.

IDrinkMolson 10-21-05 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Draven
I think "moving day" will be a focus of an upcoming ep.

Maybe Ross will show up and say "We pivot!"

Jonny2k1 10-21-05 11:14 AM

Maybe it's just me, but this season seems to be a lot funnier. Damn, that girl Joey was going after in the ESL class was amazing, damn, just damn.

Draven 10-21-05 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Maybe Ross will show up and say "We pivot!"

The last three times I've helped a friend move, we've shouted "pivot, PIVOT!" while taking a couch upstairs.

It just never gets old.

Charlie Goose 10-21-05 03:32 PM

The last three times I've helped a friend move, we've shouted "pivot, PIVOT!" while taking a couch upstairs.

It just never gets old.

The last three times? You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din. If I hear that a friend of mine is thinking about moving, I cease all contact until he or she is in the new place. Kind of like breaking up with a girl right before Valentine's Day.

THX7966 10-21-05 04:51 PM

This show is still on?

Draven 10-21-05 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
The last three times? You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din. If I hear that a friend of mine is thinking about moving, I cease all contact until he or she is in the new place. Kind of like breaking up with a girl right before Valentine's Day.

I've got a small group of friends that always helps out the other when they move. It's a vicious circle.

Originally Posted by THX7966
This show is still on?

Yes, Thursdays at 7 pm on NBC

Here's a link:

http://www.nbc.com/Joey/

I'll also set up an alarm to send you a message reminding you that, yes, the show is still on, prior to the next airing (Remember, it's on THURSDAYS...on NBC. That's the network that uses the peacock for a logo.)

Hopefully this will help you so you don't have to feel obligated to post this stupid comment again next week.

maxpower 10-22-05 07:04 AM

I've got a small group of friends that always helps out the other when they move. It's a vicious circle.

Yes, Thursdays at 7 pm on NBC

Here's a link:

http://www.nbc.com/Joey/

I'll also set up an alarm to send you a message reminding you that, yes, the show is still on, prior to the next airing (Remember, it's on THURSDAYS...on NBC. That's the network that uses the peacock for a logo.)

Hopefully this will help you so you don't have to feel obligated to post this stupid comment again next week.

:horse: :fro:

I don't know what this means about Joey but by the middle of the ep I had totally forgotton about his new house. I thought it had it's funny whimsical moments and the hot girls don't hurt. I think the show will have a chance if NBC does not expect it to be it's Thursday horse. It's more like a relief pitcher and not so much a starter....I guess I have baseball on the mind.

Charlie Goose 10-22-05 09:17 AM

This show is still on?

This is your third week in a row for this Joey threadcrap. Go the fuck away already.

Xander 10-24-05 10:20 AM

Hmmm...this is the first Joey ep this season that I have really not enjoyed. I just could not get into the ESL storyline, and it really just sort of dragged everything else down for me. The John Larroquette/Joey feud is still pretty good stuff, but it couldn't save this ep for me. Don't think I even chucked at all. :( Hopefully next week will be better.

Dead 10-24-05 03:09 PM

This show is still on?

10-14-05, 01:23 AM #5
THX7966

This show is still on?

10-06-05, 03:17 PM #2
THX7966

This show is still on?

THX7966, I'd suggest that you stay out of the Joey discussion threads from now on. Threadcrapping is against forum rules and can lead to administrative action against your account.

Goldberg74 10-24-05 04:26 PM

Thank heavens that we get a reprieve this next week due to baseball (I guess... since they are showing the spanking episode)... we won't have a thread for him to crap on.

Patman 10-24-05 05:34 PM

Wasn't the hot hispanic girl the same girl who hosts "So You Think You Can Dance" on Fox?