Old 10-20-05, 11:30 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Eps of Monk & Dead Zone to air Thanksgiving weekend

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/newswire.cgi?id=7013

USA to Air Special Christmas-Themed Episodes of 'Monk,' 'Dead Zone'
By Brian Ford Sullivan

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- USA is hoping to cure the holiday blues of "Monk" and "The Dead Zone" fans as the network has scheduled a first-run, Christmas-themed episode of each series for Thanksgiving weekend.

Here's how they describe the "Monk" installment, which airs Friday, November 25 at 10:00/9:00c:

"It's Christmas time in San Francisco, but all is not merry. A cop is dead after drinking a poisoned bottle of wine intended for Captain Stottlemeyer, and while all leads point to a man with a grudge against the Captain, Monk isn't convinced. With Natalie's help, Monk does some of his own detective work, which soon finds him caroling, fighting off crowds at the mall... and even doing some undercover work as a certain jolly, red-suited fellow. Will Monk solve the baffling crime in time to enjoy the holidays? Don't miss "Mr. Monk and the Secret Santa," an all new episode of Monk, premiering Friday, November 25 at 10/9C!"

And here's how they describe the "Dead Zone" episode, which is set to air Sunday, November 27 at 10:00/9:00c.

"When female psychic Alex Sinclair (returning guest star Jennifer Finnigan) pays Johnny a surprise Christmas visit, the two work together to solve the mystery of one very lost and confused Santa. Sharing disturbing and contradictory visions of their Santa’s life, Alex and Johnny wonder who this strange old man in a track suit and Santa hat really is. As their investigation unfolds, they become involved with three young street kids who are equally lost, and who wind up joining everyone back at Johnny’s for the best - albeit strangest - Christmas any of them can remember. Don't miss "A Very Dead Zone Christmas," an all new episode of The Dead Zone, premiering Sunday, November 27 at 10/9C!"

Both shows will then return in 2006 for the remainder of their respective fourth seasons. Expect firm dates to be announced soon.

Meanwhile in other USA-related news, the cable channel has put all six episodes of its short-lived reality series "Made in the U.S.A." on its web site (click here). Visitors can watch streaming videos of each installment, including "And The Winner Is...," the show's never-aired sixth episode.
Old 10-20-05, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
The return of Jennifer Finnigan.
Old 10-20-05, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I stopped watching Dead Zone after 3 horriable episodes...hopefully they run a marathon as well.
Old 10-20-05, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great news. I really like Monk, so getting an extra new episode before January is fine by me. Looking forward to it.
Old 10-20-05, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Cool. I just hope I don't forget to watch this next month.
Old 10-20-05, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
The return of Jennifer Finnigan.
I stopped watching The Dead Zone about half way through because the season was going nowhere....but Jennifer Finnigan, oh hell yeah, I'll watch that!
Old 10-21-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've given up on both of these shows, but I loved the Dead Zone episode with Jennifer Finnigan, so I'll definitely be watching this one. I was hoping they'd bring her back.

Rob
Old 10-21-05, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cool, I am looking forward to seeing some new Monk.
Old 11-26-05, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just a reminder that the new holiday episode "Mr. Monk and the Secret Santa" airs Friday, December 2nd.
Old 11-27-05, 11:25 AM

Looks like they pushed these back a week. USA is slated to show SVU tonight, but my Tivo picked up "A Very Dead Zone Christmas" on Sunday 12/4/05.
Old 12-02-05, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Monk and the Secret Santa.

The best part had to be Monk, dressed up as Santa, and having to interact with the children on his lap. That was comic gold.
Old 12-02-05, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"All I want for Christmas is a rock-polishing kit"

"A rock-polishing kit? You're Santa's favorite!"
Old 12-04-05, 05:47 PM

just wanted to bump this for tonight's Dead Zone.
Old 12-05-05, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I like Jennifer Finnigan so much better on "The Dead Zone" than on her new show "Close to Home". She's much more cuter and livelier on TDZ. The episode ended up pretty good. Poor Bruce, that man gets no respect.
Old 12-05-05, 12:49 AM

Definitly a little unusual to have a random episode in the offseason like this. Never would have know about it if not for this thread. Thanks.

Nice to see Jennifer Finnigan back on the show. I really liked her on Crossing Jordan while she was on.
Old 12-05-05, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WHat time is the Dead Zone usually on? I have only seen a few episodes this season then just stopped. I missed his Cane to much.