TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars -- "Green-Eyed Monster" -- 10/19/05

Old 10-19-05, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Veronica Mars -- "Green-Eyed Monster" -- 10/19/05

"Green-Eyed Monster"
Spoiler:
By sifting through a guy's background and by posing as an available coed, Veronica helps a young woman who thinks her new boyfriend is after her fortune.

Cast: Kristen Bell, Percy Daggs III, Teddy Dunn, Jason Dohring, Francis Capra, Enrico Colantoni, Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Tessa Thompson, Kyle Gallner, Ryan Hansen , Michael Muhney, Erica Gimpel, Brandon Hillock, Laura Bell Bundy, Daran Norris, Reuben D'Anthony, Cress Williams, Michael E. Rodgers, Geoff Pierson, Katie Mitchell.
Director(s): Jason Bloom.
Producer(s): Joel Silver, Rob Thomas.
Writer(s): Dayna Lynne North.

Original Airdate: October 19, 2005.
Old 10-19-05, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait for another new episode!
Old 10-19-05, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yay! We got Mac, even if it was 3:30 in the middle of the night.

Veronica's case was okay, she got to have fun with her damsel-in-distress ruse. Why wasn't she using a USB memory stick to swipe off the guy's info instead of burning it to a CD. That Bloch woman was rich and shallow.

So "Cher"'s boyfriend did turn out to be Wallace's dad. Hmm...

So why did Keith's investigation only turn up the dad's cover story, I guess Keith wasn't doing his due dilligence and stopped when he found what he wanted to find.

So what is up with Duncan hanging around Meg's hospital room all this time. And did we know she survived the bus "accident"? from last week's episode? I thought everyone had perished.

So what is up with that unknown Echols phone number that VM came across, thanks to the trail that Weevil provided? I love Logan's sarcasm.
Old 10-19-05, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They mentioned that "no one survived the crash...except Meg" a few weeks back. A solid episode, but one that barely advanced the overall arc of the season...seems like mostly filler to me... Not sure what is up with the Ecchol's phone number...but I smell Red Herring...

MATT
Old 10-19-05, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
My UPN affiliate blanked out for a bit during this episode -- what was the whole thing with Meg's sister and the computer?

Originally Posted by mdc3000
seems like mostly filler to me...
It advanced quite a bit of other stuff, though, and some of it may play into the main arc later.
Old 10-19-05, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The sister said that if the parents found the stuff on Meg's laptop, they'd pull the plug on her. That's all we know about "Meg's files".
Old 10-20-05, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks -- I guess I thought I missed more than I really did.
Old 10-20-05, 03:00 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good episode

Seemed like they laid out a bunch of questions for the season regarding Weevil and more about Logan and his dad.

Main case was okay, though having Kristen Bell prance around in that outfit was very nice. I hope this Wallace thing doesn't last long.
Old 10-20-05, 08:46 PM

Lamb got one over Keith. I think the world just spun off its axis.

One fricking scene of Logan at the end of the show for 90 seconds? Not even close to good enough. Of course Jason totally brought it and rocked the scene, but still.

So, Duncan's been hiding something. How little do I care? I wish they'd write him out or kill him or something, he's so fucking boring, and the guy who plays him is by far the worst actor on the show. In the scene where he was walking down the hall after getting yelled at by Meg's parents, he looked like a zombie. Not one goddamn emotion on his face. Argh.

Wow, Weevil's alive. I just wish they'd have him on for longer than 2 minutes ever third episode. We need more of him! "Should I be expecting a visit from Lamb? If I know I'm being brought in, I'll put on my good underwear." Hee.

Veeery interested in what's on Meg's computer. She couldn't have been pregnant, because she was still skinny in the premiere, unless she's one of those chicks who you can't tell when they're pregnant?

Solid episode, although it did feel a bit slow, it still gave us tons of clues with the bus crash and the new Meg mini-mystery thread.
Old 10-20-05, 09:34 PM

An okay episode. The thing that jumped out at me was that Veronica and Haley from One Tree Hill were wearing the same shirt this week. Let your minds run wild with that.
Old 10-21-05, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree that they should show Logan more and Duncan less. I think Logan and Veronica fit much better together. And there is no way in hell I could have resisted Veronica in that outfit
Old 10-21-05, 04:23 PM

Duncan is the most boring character ever. I'm hoping that is intended by the writers.
Old 10-21-05, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Balah
Duncan is the most boring character ever. I'm hoping that is intended by the writers.
I wonder if we're not eventually in for a "Duncan off his meds" story line. It seems to me that we're supposed to have this thought in the back of our heads that the meds are making him as zombie-like as he is.
Old 10-21-05, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally watched it. I liked the episode although didn't care much about Veronica's case. Good to see Mac though. I hope what was said here about Meg and Duncan is not true. That will be lame.

Originally Posted by MrX
I hope this Wallace thing doesn't last long.
I have a bad feeling
Spoiler:
that he will be the one leaving midseason.
Old 10-21-05, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I have a bad feeling
Spoiler:
that he will be the one leaving midseason.
I think you're right, which really sucks. I'd much rather it be
Spoiler:
Duncan who gets out of town
Old 10-21-05, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I think you're right, which really sucks. I'd much rather it be
Spoiler:
Duncan who gets out of town
Yup, can't argue about that.
Old 10-21-05, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just started watching this show this past week. watched all of season 1 on dvd and all the season 2 episodes that I have been taping....

I'm just glad that I am not alone in wishing that Veronica and Logan were still together, and that Duncan is boring. The actor who plays him just does not react at all facially to anyone else delivering lines, and it drives me insane.