DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   My Name Is Earl -- "Teacher Earl" -- 10.18.2005 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/441918-my-name-earl-teacher-earl-10-18-2005-a.html)

Rogue588 10-18-05 03:59 AM

My Name Is Earl -- "Teacher Earl" -- 10.18.2005

Teacher Earl

Spoiler:
Earl (Jason Lee) is teaching English as a Second Language to cross "made fun of people with accents" off his list. When an old friend, Ralph (guest star Giovanni Ribisi), gets out of prison Earl convinces him to try karma, which works... for a while. Ralph ends up kidnapping Randy (Ethan Suplee) and demands he tell him where Earl is keeping his lotto winnings. Meanwhile, Joy (Jaime Pressly) tries to sabotage the business of one of Earl's students because she's afraid of the competitive edge she is gaining by learning English. Nadine Velasquez and Eddie Steeples also star.

PixyJunket 10-18-05 10:00 AM

[dozens of horny internet kids]

DROOL DROOL JAIME PRESELY
OMG BOOBIES
NADINE VELASQUEZ DROOL
BBQ SAUCE

[/dozens of horny internet kids]

Let's just this out of the way before the show airs tonight.

Michael Corvin 10-18-05 10:19 AM

<--- Not a teenage kid.

:hump: Hmmm... Nadine Velasquez on Jaime Presely covered in BBQ sauce. -other-

Rogue588 10-18-05 01:21 PM

What Mr. Corvin said.

Actually, now that I think about it...neither Nadine nor Jaime aren't terribly "gifted" in the chestal area. Have there been boobies on the show that i've missed?

Mopower 10-18-05 08:27 PM

Seacrest Out!

kantonburg 10-18-05 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mopower
Seacrest Out!

I lost it when I heard that :lol:

Look Earl. It's karma's army. It's made up of all the people from all the lands. :lol: - fixed. Thanks

This show is awesome!

Puzznic 10-18-05 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by kantonburg
I lost it when I heard that :lol:

Look Earl. It's karma. It's made up of all the people from all the lands. :lol:

This show is awesome!

He called them karma's army, it makes that part even funnier.

Patman 10-18-05 09:04 PM

I thought it was okay in the 1st half, but the last 5 minutes brought it all back into focus, and calling for Karma saved the day.

dhmac 10-18-05 09:20 PM

I thought Giovanni Ribisi was great as Ralph. Hope he shows up in more episodes!

HE Pennypacker 10-18-05 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by dhmac
I thought Giovanni Ribisi was great as Ralph. Hope he shows up in more episodes!

Agreed. I was pleasantly surprised to see him on this program.

B.A. 10-18-05 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by kantonburg
Look Earl. It's karma's army. It's made up of all the people from all the lands in all the worlds.

fixed.

And the last five minutes were funny as shit.

I wonder what Scientologist will guest star for Lee next. :hscratch:

DVD Josh 10-18-05 09:57 PM

I love this series. I was convinced by the pre-season promos that this show would suck. It's been great so far. I hope that it lasts.

Jimmy James 10-18-05 10:05 PM

This was the sweetest of the episodes so far if you ask me, but the show pulled it off well.

Charlie Goose 10-18-05 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Puzznic
He called them karma's army, it makes that part even funnier.

"How did you find me?"
"TURN RIGHT GO TWO BLOCK TURN LEFT"

SPiRAL 10-18-05 11:28 PM

Another great episode. This is by far my favorite new show.

Jadzia 10-18-05 11:31 PM

"I don't remember that word. It's been a year since I learned English."

That line just cracked me up.

MrX 10-18-05 11:52 PM

"you vant I take your plate"

"I vant to suck your blood":lol:

boogieman03 10-18-05 11:59 PM

"I don't care if she's Japanese, Vietnamese, or Chucke Cheese."
rotfl

redrum 10-19-05 01:02 AM

Jaime Pressly is so fine.

Wazootyman 10-19-05 01:04 AM

Definitely the weakest of the series so far, but that doesn't mean there weren't still a lot of hilarious parts. Karma's army was definitely great

tofu 10-19-05 01:16 AM

Great episode. Ribisi was great. "Look, he was born to sell lamps" :lol:

movieking 10-19-05 06:28 AM

I really liked the episode, especially the last few minutes. This show has really hit its stride in the last couple of weeks, after a rought creative start, IMO.

Michael Corvin 10-19-05 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Wazootyman
Definitely the weakest of the series so far, but that doesn't mean there weren't still a lot of hilarious parts. Karma's army was definitely great

spot on. Definitely the weakest. Giovanni Ribisi was a great addition to the show. Worked perfect being the yin of Earl's yang. I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

joshd2012 10-19-05 07:37 AM

"The guards made me do their taxes for $.12 an hour. Next year they're all gonna be screeeeeewwwwed!"

"I don't know if that's a real language, but if it is, its a lie."

rotfl

paradicelost 10-19-05 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by redrum
Jaime Pressly is so fine.

Don't get me wrong i find Jaime Pressly extremly hot, but has she played somthing other than a redneck slut.
Ok, that said i'll get back on topic, this has became my favorite show. Last nite was a great episode.