DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Supernatural -- "Skin" -- 10/18/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/441914-supernatural-skin-10-18-05-a.html)

LorenzoL 10-18-05 04:32 AM

Supernatural -- "Skin" -- 10/18/05

"Skin" Episode #106.
Spoiler:
A shape-shifter adopts the likenesses of others and murders people.

Cast: Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles.
Director(s): Robert Duncan McNeill.
Producer(s): Eric Kripke, Robert Singer.
Writer(s): John Shiban.

Original Airdate: October 18, 2005.

GameGenie 10-18-05 03:13 PM

Im gonna watch it tonight, this shows great.

coladar 10-19-05 01:13 AM

I thought I'd hate this episode, and I didn't, so that's something. The shape-shifter thing has been so over-done, I just knew this wasn't going to be my episode. So since I actually started to enjoy the plot as it went along, this show has definitely earned it's spot as my favorite new show.

That said, for those that watched the previews... Is my memory off from last week, or did they really cut this episode into pieces? I seem to remember the preview last week showed a scene that had Sam confronting the two Dean's, inside the girl's house if memory serves. Considering Dean just comes in and shoots the big evil of the week, the episode was either really changed around, the preview was misleading or my memory is way off.

Speaking of previews, without spoiling it for those that don't watch the previews, next week looks absolutely incredible. No doubt this will be far better than even Bloody Mary.

Daniel-A 10-19-05 01:39 PM

I haven't really liked the villain since before that plane episode. The show is getting repetitive.

rkndkn 10-19-05 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by coladar
That said, for those that watched the previews... Is my memory off from last week, or did they really cut this episode into pieces? I seem to remember the preview last week showed a scene that had Sam confronting the two Dean's, inside the girl's house if memory serves. Considering Dean just comes in and shoots the big evil of the week, the episode was either really changed around, the preview was misleading or my memory is way off.

Just watched the preview again, and nope, there wasn't a scene where Sam confronts the two Deans.

While I don't know the doppelganger "rules", it seemed odd to me that the shapeshifter could "shed" Dean's image, see Rebecca and steal her image, then is again transformed back to Dean without crossing paths with him after shedding Rebecca.

This series just has the greatest use of music -- "In a Gadda da Vida" was perfect.

Daniel-A 10-20-05 01:16 AM

Yeah I don't like that he changed back to Dean at all. Even if he had seen Dean again, I think he should have kept his shape.

movieking 10-20-05 07:06 AM

Pretty good episode, but there were some inconsistencies. I am getting used to JD as being another entity other than Dean from GG.

Chew 10-20-05 07:14 AM

I think the show needs a stronger underlying arc to tie the episodes together, the "dad" storyline isn't interesting enough nor does it drive the narratives in any huge way. Without it, the "monster of the week" plots will get as old as quickly as it did on Smallville.

That said, I've still enjoyed every episode. :)

Amel 10-20-05 10:26 AM

Besides "Extras", this is my favorite new show and one that I will not miss.

Another good episode this week. The MOTW could get old if they don't tie in enough of them searching for their dad and the thing that killed the mother & girlfriend.

Great soundtrack each week.

boredsilly 10-21-05 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
I think the show needs a stronger underlying arc to tie the episodes together, the "dad" storyline isn't interesting enough nor does it drive the narratives in any huge way. Without it, the "monster of the week" plots will get as old as quickly as it did on Smallville.

That said, I've still enjoyed every episode. :)

My thoughts exactly. I think they will start to do that soon enough bringing in the guy who killed there mother and the girlfriend.

Xander 10-24-05 11:25 AM

Wow, this ep was fucking gross! But I liked it :) At the end, it really started to get confusing with the doppleganger changing forms every 2 minutes. My wife and I actually had to pause it and figure out what was going on at one point. After DoppleDean had escaped from the house and the police. Then the girl is walking around and gets kidnapped again?! Annoying plot twist. But the ep was good. Still liking this show a lot.

The only scene with the two Deans and Sam was at the end when the real Dean burst in and shot the DG, I think.

Next week:
Spoiler:

Hook hand guy! Cool! This looks like it will be a good ep! Hope it's as creepy as the Bloody Mary ep.