Desperate Housewives - "My Heart Belongs to Daddy" - 10/16

Old 10-16-05, 02:12 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Desperate Housewives - "My Heart Belongs to Daddy" - 10/16

"My Heart Belongs to Daddy"
Spoiler:
Gabrielle causes a prison riot while visiting Carlos; Lynette learns that Parker has an imaginary friend; Susan helps Mike search for Zach.
Old 10-16-05, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The intro may just be the highlight of this young season.
Old 10-16-05, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else's HD feed in Spanish? I checked my DVR and the whole freaking episode was in Spanish!

I don't know if it's my cable company or local ABC station. One week, Alias was recorded without any video. Now, I get Desperate Housewives in Spanish!
Old 10-16-05, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If I carried on and on about an imaginary friend to the point that I poked a teacher and ignored my parents like Parker did, my imaginary friend and I would've both caught a beating. Parents today. Back in my day, a "time out" referred to how much "time" you spent knocked "out"
Old 10-16-05, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by B.A.
I agree. Hilarious. I like Gabrielle's storyline the most, then Bree's this season. The others are somewhat boring at the moment.
Old 10-16-05, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RichardW
Anyone else's HD feed in Spanish? I checked my DVR and the whole freaking episode was in Spanish!

I don't know if it's my cable company or local ABC station. One week, Alias was recorded without any video. Now, I get Desperate Housewives in Spanish!
HD in Chicago was in English -- could you watch with closed captions on, maybe?

Thank God this was a GOOD episode -- I was getting worried! Based on this show, it seems as though DH is back!!

Andrew vs. George
Old 10-17-05, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by SMB-IL
Thank God this was a GOOD episode -- I was getting worried! Based on this show, it seems as though DH is back!!

Andrew vs. George
Indeed. It's nice to see things picking back up a bit. It was nice to see 3/4 of the housewives in the same scene, for a change. They need to have more of that per episode.

I'm interested to see where they take the Andrew/George stuff. I wonder if Andrew's plan to be a good person, then do something absolutely horrible is still in effect, or if Rex's death made him reconsider.
Old 10-17-05, 01:09 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

It's to bad that wasn't Susan getting run over by the garbage truck instead of the umbrella. I don't know if it's Teri Hatcher or just the character that makes the show come to a schreaching halt whenever she's onscreen.

Andrew and George shoving each other out in the yard was hilarious.
Old 10-17-05, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I don't if it's me, but i'm just not into this season as much as I was the last..
Old 10-17-05, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If George can surreptiously put Andrew in the hospital or ground, this season will be validated for me. The Lynnette subplot bored me, and so did Susan's. I thought it was funny they casted "Profit" as Gabby's lawyer.
Old 10-17-05, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.

That was great.
Old 10-17-05, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by xVladx
Indeed. It's nice to see things picking back up a bit. It was nice to see 3/4 of the housewives in the same scene, for a change. They need to have more of that per episode.
With Lynette at work during the day, this is going to be harder to do. I have a feeling the guy locked in the basement will get the 4 together soon enough.

Originally Posted by xVladx
I'm interested to see where they take the Andrew/George stuff. I wonder if Andrew's plan to be a good person, then do something absolutely horrible is still in effect, or if Rex's death made him reconsider.
I'm not sure there is much that can happen for a while. The incident at the swim meet got Andrew shipped off to Camp Hennessey as George had earlier requested. I wonder when the gay storyline between Andrew and John's roommate is going to resurface...
Old 10-17-05, 09:10 AM

Yawn.

Does anyone else think they have no idea what to do with the show this season? With the exception of Gabrielle, I am completely bored by the rest of the show. And as for Susan, I didn't really enjoy the character last season, but I found Teri Hatcher to be somewhat fun to watch. This year, she has been so thin and so botoxed-looking that I find nothing to really like about her. Although I will admit, when she was chasing Zach in the park, I watched with a strange curiosity to see if her little stick legs would break from the activity.
Old 10-17-05, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SMB-IL
HD in Chicago was in English -- could you watch with closed captions on, maybe?
I'll probably just download it from iTunes when it shows up this week.

I really think it's the local ABC station. The HD feed for Grey's Anatomy had the soundtrack off by a couple seconds.
Old 10-17-05, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Was Carlos really sentenced 8 years in prison? There was a mention of that this week, but I thought he made a deal to only serve one year.

Oh, and Andrew and George are basically two sociopaths trying to outfox the other. Great stuff!
Old 10-17-05, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rogue588
I don't if it's me, but i'm just not into this season as much as I was the last..
It's not just you. I know a few people who have already quit watching it, and the wife and I are close. If "Grey's Anatomy" wasn't on after it, I might have already.
Old 10-17-05, 11:06 AM

I had to laugh when Carlos and Gabrielle were cuddling post-coitally and then they found out they had 30 minutes left of the 45 minute conjugal visit. That was a quickie.
Old 10-17-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I noticed that there is a co-producer named Kevin Murphy. Is it the same guy as Tom Servo-Kevin Murphy?
Old 10-17-05, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

In prison, 15 minutes is a looooooonnnnnggggg time...
Old 10-17-05, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
I noticed that there is a co-producer named Kevin Murphy. Is it the same guy as Tom Servo-Kevin Murphy?
It doesn't say so on his IMDB page, but he has written two episodes of the show.

According to the Desperate Housewives IMDB page, he's listed as a co-executive producer.

Last edited by DGibFen; 10-17-05 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-17-05, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

During the first scene, was that Bill Goldberg? I was just coming out of a snooze.

Although George is responsible for Rex's death, I was definitely rooting for him against that snot-nosed punk.
Old 10-17-05, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I saw Goldberg, too.
Old 10-17-05, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Although George is responsible for Rex's death, I was definitely rooting for him against that snot-nosed punk.
I sure wasn't rooting for George. I was going to counter by saying at least Andrew hasn't killed anyone, then I remembered - wait a second - actually he has. (Incidentally, I've always been disatisfied as to how that subplot with Carlos' mother got resolved.)
Old 10-17-05, 12:47 PM

I thought that George's plan against Andrew was a little lame. How did he know that Andrew would react that way at seeing him kiss his mom? I was hoping for something more subtle: like George slipping Andrew something that would causehim to fail his swim team drug test or something.

Plus it seems wrong to punish your son by sending him away when he was just upset at you kissing another man so soon after his father's death. It makes it seem like Bree is taking sides with her new boyfriend against her own son.
Old 10-17-05, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The part that had me laughing was when Andrew mouthed to George "That's it" after Bree moanded after she had a piece of cobbler. The way he smirked , along with George's reaction had me going for a while.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.