DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Guatemala - 10/13/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/441376-survivor-guatemala-10-13-05-a.html)

auto 10-13-05 08:30 AM

Survivor: Guatemala - 10/13/05

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivo...978_D04377.jpg
Preview:
Spoiler:
When pounding rain takes its toll on a tribe, one member voices frustrations by calling out some of the others.

An incredible Reward is won after one castaway blazes through the Challenge.

One self-absorbed Survivor annoys the tribe with endless stories of a glamorous life beyond Survivor.

Yaxha: Brandon, Amy, Blake, Bobby Jon, Danni, Brian & Gary
Naxum: Jamie, Steph, Rafe, Judd, Lydia, Margaret & Cindy

Groucho 10-13-05 08:35 AM

I can't vote in the poll, since I don't remember who's in what tribe anymore. :lol:

auto 10-13-05 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
I can't vote in the poll, since I don't remember who's in what tribe anymore. :lol:

:lol: Fixed.

BDLOU 10-13-05 12:51 PM

This mix up of the tribes had to be done or it would have been one sided again. This is why it's not that unbelievable what happened last season like they are trying to make it out to be. It would happen almost every season if they didn't do something.

sven 10-13-05 02:10 PM

But now the tribes are completely unbalanced and if new Yaxha keeps winning old Nakum is doomed. Because every time the old Nakum guys lead their team to victory they are getting their own people voted of the other tribe. I noticed that last week and Scout even pointed it out on Survivor Strike Back.

aktick 10-13-05 08:34 PM

Really liked this episode. Some good comedy...that reward challenge was hilarious. The "Golden Boy," :lol:.

That body of Steph's, :drool: ...if only she didn't have the freaky eyebrows. And Cindy isn't bad eye candy either :drool: .

I'm glad they voted off who they did. It would've been boring seeing Gary, Brian, and Amy picked off one by one. Pretty interesting now.

Maxflier 10-13-05 09:16 PM

That was some pretty smart strategy by the irritating gay dude to keep making Golden Boy tell his stories. He reminds me a lot of Rob Cistersomethingorother.
Bobby John cracked me up when he was yelling while Jamie was spazzing out after winning the immunity challenge.
Can't wait to see *
Spoiler:
Bobby John and Jamie square off.

*spoilered in case there is anyone from the Lost thread who don't watch previews.

zuffy 10-13-05 09:36 PM

Gay boy Brian knows how to play the game. Dude just know how to talk with people to side with him.

I can't remember that Kansas boy's name but I can't believe how he chopped the ropes in half so quick. Jamie didn't even finish cutting the second rope after Nakum finished the challenge. Pretty pathetic.

Blake didn't know why he is voted out. :lol:

LaxBandit 10-13-05 10:26 PM

WARNING: If you have the new TV Guide, which is the first large size one. Don't turn to page 5 - they spoil next weeks episode big time!

LB...

das Monkey 10-13-05 11:51 PM

Brian's hilarious. He's like Rob C., but instead of being a shrewd gamesman with kickass one-liners, he states the ridiculously obvious like it's brilliant strategy and sounds like a tool whenever he speaks. "I'm platinum!" rotfl What an asshat.

das

DRG 10-14-05 12:14 AM

I'm surprised old Nakum has no sense of original tribal unity, either that or they are just terrible strategists. At this rate if they keep picking off their old tribemates when the merge comes the old Yaxha tribe will be as intact as it was before the shuffle.

gotrice487 10-14-05 02:22 AM

Am I the only one here sick of Steph's bitching? I would love to see her make the final 2 and then lose! Just some thoughts...

sven 10-14-05 03:19 AM

I'd rather see her get voted out next episode so I dont have to listen to her me me me ass anymore. I dont know who I hate more her or Judd.

dolphinboy 10-14-05 03:35 AM

Still LOVE Steph.

sven 10-14-05 03:38 AM

Here are some quotes from the Survivors Strike Back section of the official website....

Originally Posted by Jenna M
THANK gOD now Stephanie can stop bitching about losing because it was getting really old. I like Steph but it was just the same old story about her always being on a losing team. Well this was her third "losing" team, as I said and Jeff said maybe it was her?

Originally Posted by Kathy
I agree - thank god - Steph finally won - no more bitching - talk about a negative attitude - let it go and get your team pumped up - maybe she is "over edited" - but let's face it - they edit the main attitude of the person that day - and Steph has a losing attitude - at least Judd gets it - it's all about letting go

Originally Posted by Cloud
I can’t say the same for Steph. Stephanie is a total jerk. She is a master at playing “the Blame Game”. Blame this, blame that! Does it ever dawn on Steph to turn her disappointment into figuring out what the heck she can do differently in order to get a different result! There’s a reason she didn’t get picked to go on the picnic and Amy did.

cdollaz 10-14-05 08:18 AM

Hey, there will be no bad-mouthing the "best female player ever."

Maxflier 10-14-05 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Still LOVE Steph.

Ditto.

auto 10-14-05 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Hey, there will be no bad-mouthing the "best female player ever."

She has certainly lost that distinction by returning. Being on three losing teams in a row doesn't mean she lucked into bad teams, it means she is a loser.

taa455 10-14-05 08:37 AM

I still like Steph and still feel bad for her. After all that losing she's been through, I can certainly understand and let slide a little bitching about it.

cdollaz 10-14-05 08:41 AM

It's not a little bitching. She whines every episode.

Goldberg74 10-14-05 08:41 AM

rotfl @ Lydia's 'pancake dance'

Red Dog 10-14-05 08:46 AM

Was it me or was Steph just a tad peeved and frustrated after losing the reward challenge. ;)

cdollaz 10-14-05 08:49 AM

She probably felt the same way the rest of her teammates felt last week when it took her forever to break the plate with the tomahawk.

runner001 10-14-05 09:05 AM

i'm in agreement with those that still love steph. she's still smokin' hot and still playing hard. pancake dance was funny! you just know that it will make a survivor reunion encore.

uteotw 10-14-05 10:32 AM

Good point how no one yelled "CHOP IT!" when it was clear that worked very well for Brandon. Poor Jamie just sat there sawing away, and it didn't occur to him to start chopping either. The winning team was already sipping margaritas by the time he finished sawing... MAN was that painful to watch, esp. when he said "Should we keep going?"