Reload this Page >

One Tree Hill 10/12/05

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

One Tree Hill 10/12/05

Old 10-12-05, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One Tree Hill 10/12/05

I think this show has hit the wall, just like The O.C. has.

Tutor Girl and Nathan need to just get the divorce and move on.

Peyton's subplot with her birth-mother has no traction. It's episode 2 and I'm already bore with it. But I like the new haircut on Peyton, though. And it's true, Lucas's mom, Deb, now has Peyton's former curls.

The ironic subplot will be the Lucas and Brooke "will they or won't they get together again" because Sophia Bush dropped Chad Murray like a hot potato in their hasty marriage and her motion for divorce. Going to work can't be all that fun for either of them.

Dan, surviving the fire, and now on a quest to find out who set his dealership on fire, seems really petty once again.
Old 10-12-05, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
I think this show has hit the wall, just like The O.C. has.
I thought it hit the wall last season frankly. I'm mostly watching now just because I'm hoping it regains its Season 1 form. As for tonight's episode, I'm really not liking Peyton's new dad. I never thought I'd see the day where I longed for Terry Silver from Karate Kid III. And what the hell was up with Tim? I know they made him more of a dork last year, but he was way over-the-top tonight.
Old 10-12-05, 11:37 PM

I still enjoy this show way more than the O.C.

I still don't think it was Lucas that set the fire. If it was, I don't think he was acting alone.
From Brooke's look at the end of the episode, I think they will get together again, and that, along with their real life seperation, should make for some interesting tv.
Yea, I'm not sure I care for Peyton's mom story. It was nice how Peyton punked her out at the end, but I'm sure she'll have an excuse for it.
Hopefully things will pick up a little when they start school again.
Old 10-13-05, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Payton's mom brings the annoying.

Nathan need to take Haley back, he's lucky to have someone that much better than he is.

I didn't know Sophia Bush gave CMM the axe. Glad to hear it though. I really don't like Brooke on the show. Always thought Lucas was better with Payton. But Payton was good with jailbird, too. I think I just dont like brooke.

As for last season being bad, I absolutely loved the truth or dare episode. What happened with Luke and Anna is the type of thing that I would have loved to happen to me before I was married.
Old 10-13-05, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"I think I just dont like brooke."

During the first season she was more devious and less goofy. Now she is just boring. Peyton and Lucas are definately great together, as were Nathan and Brooke. In the end I think it supposed to be Lucas and Haley. Just my guess though ;-P

This show is just treading water and unfortunately it is the same water.
Old 10-13-05, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by boogieman03
I still enjoy this show way more than the O.C.

I still don't think it was Lucas that set the fire. If it was, I don't think he was acting alone.
From Brooke's look at the end of the episode, I think they will get together again, and that, along with their real life seperation, should make for some interesting tv.
Yea, I'm not sure I care for Peyton's mom story. It was nice how Peyton punked her out at the end, but I'm sure she'll have an excuse for it.
Hopefully things will pick up a little when they start school again.

Agree on all counts. Better stories, more interesting characters, and hotter chicks.

One thing that just doesn't seem right to me is how Nathan is treating Lucas. He hates his dad too so why would be so hung up on how Lucas was trying to dig up dirt on him.

I said it before - I think Jules set the fire.
Old 10-13-05, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I said it before - I think Jules set the fire.
I think it is too big of an action for a character that is gone. Or do you know something that I don't?
Old 10-13-05, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
I think it is too big of an action for a character that is gone. Or do you know something that I don't?

She was one of the people that Dan pictured doing it in last week's episode.
Old 10-13-05, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
She was one of the people that Dan pictured doing it in last week's episode.
Interesting. I really liked her story with Keith. The absence of each of them, and them together is a big loss for this season.
Old 10-13-05, 08:07 PM

Keith has to be coming back. He is still listed in the opening credits when they re-did them. He is probably the guy that lit the fire and Lucas saved Dan's sorry ass for some unknown reason.
Old 10-13-05, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Tutor girl got smoking hot!
Old 10-14-05, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Tutor girl got smoking hot!
Tutor girl was always the hottest one on the show.
Old 10-14-05, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Peyton looks much better with her new hair. She was always cute, but damn she looks real hot now.

I too agree that the show is just spinning its wheels over and over with the same plots that don't go anywhere. In the first season, it felt fairly fresh, but I can definitely see a lot of parallels with the OC.

Good, fun first season, 2nd season bogged down by lame recurring plots and new characters that just didn't do anything for me. Anna and her asshole brother= Lindsey and Zach on the OC, at least to me.

One Tree Hill will always be far more sappy than the OC to me, but I do have hope that OTH can become interesting again. Sooner or later, they are gonna have to change the dynamics in some way, though. Especially with Dan. We all get that he is just an evil asshole by now. How much further can they seriously go with his character. I don't think there is anything else they can do with him to surprise us short of him suddenly displaying some type of compassion or redeeming quality. Then it just wouldn't be Dan, though. The proverbial double edged sword.
Old 10-14-05, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
Tutor girl was always the hottest one on the show.

I agree.

Well, except for the brief period tutor's girl's sister was in town.
Old 10-14-05, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

First Time I saw Tutor Girl, she reminded me of:

Kay Lenz

Bethany Joy Lenz

I didnt know her name at the time I saw her, I only connected to two by looks.

But I guess they are unrelated?
Old 10-14-05, 10:32 AM

Yes tutor girl is hot (and actually has been for a while) and is now a close second in terms of hotness behind Brooke, for me at least. Peyton lost the curls and lost a spot.
Old 10-14-05, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk God

I think Peyton looks far sexier w/o the curls.
Old 10-14-05, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Sooner or later, they are gonna have to change the dynamics in some way, though. Especially with Dan. We all get that he is just an evil asshole by now. How much further can they seriously go with his character. I don't think there is anything else they can do with him to surprise us short of him suddenly displaying some type of compassion or redeeming quality. Then it just wouldn't be Dan, though. The proverbial double edged sword.
They hinted at this the first time he almost died (heart attack). In the hospital and what not he wanted to get to know Lucas again. For a short time he was even polite to Haley. I think the only thing they can do with the character now is to kill him off. He's been injured enough, I'm begining to think that he is superman in disguise. IMO Dan is too much like Caleb. So they are limited on what they can do since they don't want to mimic the OC blatantly.
Old 10-14-05, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk God

I liken Dan to JR Ewing but the problem with Dan is that there is no equivalent of Miss Ellie for him: someone that he loves unconditionally and would never harm no matter what. That's what made JR Ewing great - he was one of the greatest villians ever, but Miss Ellie helped to ground and humanize him.