DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Arrested Development Season 2: Any new jokes/gags that you notice on DVD? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/441289-arrested-development-season-2-any-new-jokes-gags-you-notice-dvd.html)

Brent L 10-12-05 02:28 PM

Arrested Development Season 2: Any new jokes/gags that you notice on DVD?

Last night I noticed what is one of my favorite AD jokes of them all...and there is no way that you could even see it as a joke when you first saw it:

In ¡Amigos! when Buster thinks that he's in Mexico, he walks into Lupe's house and he points out things that he had at home just like them, like the shirt. Then he sees the Hand Chair.

"And the hand chair...I had one in my room! I wonder where that went?"

*It went right there.*

"Well I never thought I'd miss a hand so much."

That is just classic. :)

There is also a news report on TV in one of the first few episodes where they mention an attack seal on the loose, or something like that.

WhoGirl 10-12-05 03:59 PM

I noticed all those too. Plus how many mentions of seals there are (including Buster getting that white "good luck" seal from the skill crane.) There are quite a few, but I can't recall them right now since I just woke up.

This show is so great.... :up:

Michael Corvin 10-12-05 04:04 PM

One of the early ones (1 or 2) there is a news report on in the background and you can hear the news reporter mention something about a killer seal attack.

Brent L 10-12-05 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by WhoGirl
(including Buster getting that white "good luck" seal from the skill crane.)

The skill crane? Those were his awards, WhoGirl..from army. The seal was for marksmanship.

;)

Nosebleed 10-12-05 10:33 PM

In season one there are posters in the background of the school about helping Surely before the character was even introduced. It's also interesting to see old character traits that they seemed to have abandoned, such as Buster having anxiety attacks, giving shoulder rubs, Tobias wanting to become an actor, etc. Also, the music seems different in S2 and S3 compared to the first (which was better, IMO).

FatTony 10-12-05 11:01 PM

At the beginning of the episode "Sword of Destiny," there's narration about a contract being cut back and then Michael says something about funding being cut from 22 houses to 18 houses and saying they'd already drawn up all the blueprints, to which the narrator says "they hadn't...but they would have."

Think about it...

Just another reason this show is fucking genius.

Triple S 10-12-05 11:10 PM

I didn't notice until the re-viewing of the first episode that when Michael was faking being his own doctor on the phone he was Dr. Bluman, leading into the Blue Man storyline.

WhoGirl 10-13-05 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
The skill crane? Those were his awards, WhoGirl..from army. The seal was for marksmanship.

;)

That's right... I forgot about that. ;)

I noticed this time around that he calls the army just plain "Army." I was wondering (in the Forget-Me-Now episode last week) why Buster said "Look what Army sent me" soon after GOB says "Look at Banner, Michael!" I thought it was just keeping in line with the fact that they weren't using definite articles and just poor grammar (like the banner saying "Family Love Michael.")

Brilliant..

Heartagram 10-13-05 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Fat Tony
At the beginning of the episode "Sword of Destiny," there's narration about a contract being cut back and then Michael says something about funding being cut from 22 houses to 18 houses and saying they'd already drawn up all the blueprints, to which the narrator says "they hadn't...but they would have."

I almost fell over onto the floor laughing when i heard this.

This show is ubelievably awesome. I dont want it to go away.

Everyone must watch the Blooper reel on disc 3, and wait till the very end (approx. 7:50) and hear Mr. Cross' rant on Fox's marketing.

BigDan 10-13-05 03:16 AM

I just noticed tonight that in the episode where George Michael runs for Student Body President, at one point the Narrator says "meanwhile back at the office" and cuts to a shot at the boardroom with Michael sitting next to Phyllis from "The Office"

Of course, that probably wasn't a planned joke, but it was an interesting coincidence.