TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars -- "Cheatty Cheatty Bang Bang" -- 10/12/05

Old 10-12-05, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Veronica Mars -- "Cheatty Cheatty Bang Bang" -- 10/12/05

"Cheatty Cheatty Bang Bang"
Spoiler:
Cassidy Casablancas hires Veronica to find out if his stepmother, Kendall (Charisma Carpenter), is cheating on his father.

Cast: Kristen Bell, Percy Daggs III, Teddy Dunn, Jason Dohring, Francis Capra, Enrico Colantoni, Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Tessa Thompson, Kyle Gallner, Ryan Hansen , Michael Muhney, Charisma Carpenter, Erica Gimpel, David Starzyk, Brandon Hillock, Michael Kostroff, Adam Bitterman, John Ciccolini , Janene Possell , Mary Lou Flesh .
Director(s): John Kretchmer.
Producer(s): Joel Silver, Rob Thomas.
Writer(s): Phil Klemmer, John Enbom.

Original Airdate: October 12, 2005.
Old 10-12-05, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ooooh, the mystery should be good this week.
Old 10-12-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wednesdays are like the longest days of the week, as I wait for Veronica to come on. This episode should be great.
Old 10-12-05, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Not a very taxing mystery for my Veronica, since she saw Logan sneaking out of the hotel and then called the room. Did she realize that it was Mrs. Casablancas?
Old 10-12-05, 01:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by onebyone
Wednesdays are like the longest days of the week, as I wait for Veronica to come on. This episode should be great.

No kidding. Lost doesnt make things any easier and next week South Park starts too. Wednesdays rock but they make me dread working nights.
Old 10-12-05, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
An okay episode, Cassidy unknowingly causes his father's house of cards to fold in enlisting Veronica's help in unmasking Kendall's dalliances. Veronica finds out about Logan and Kendall. Logan showed a smidgeon of remorse for his father being responsible for Lilly's death after he and Duncan got into an in-class scuffle.

I like Veronica in green. Plus, her hair has finally grown out so she can style it with more flair.

Old threads:

Veronica is now convinced that the bus sabotage was meant to kill her.

New threads:

Alicia has someone who knows her as "Cher" in Chicago, and is now on her scent.

Jackie might be playing Wallace, and Veronica is suspicious of her when she shows up with another guy at the restaurant.
Old 10-13-05, 12:11 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
More important question - What the hell happened to Wallaces' younger brother? Must be the 'Family Matters'/'Happy Days' Syndrome.
Old 10-13-05, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If we're done with the Beaver, I hope they bring us a new character named Potsie.
Old 10-13-05, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Beaver was made to act against Dick. I doubt there would be a Potsie.

I didn't like how the nice guy (teacher) got the shaft in the real estate deal. I'm sure it hurt him more than it would have whoever he sold ths stock to. Seemed like an unnecessary part of the show that took a swipe and a genuinely nice guy. I hope he gets repaid (monetarilly or not) somehow this season.

I really didn't know what Veronica was getting to when she saw the poster at Logan's. I'm a goob.

I don't think I'm going to like the Alicia subplot. I don't think she is big enough of a character to merit a subplot. And for the life of me I don't think it can be all that interesting. Probably a side mystery needed to fill time until the finale.
Old 10-13-05, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
Beaver was made to act against Dick. I doubt there would be a Potsie.
Are you saying we'd also need a R. Malf? I can live with that.

I didn't like how the nice guy (teacher) got the shaft in the real estate deal. I'm sure it hurt him more than it would have whoever he sold ths stock to. Seemed like an unnecessary part of the show that took a swipe and a genuinely nice guy. I hope he gets repaid (monetarilly or not) somehow this season.
I think he had to get the shaft -- it is what made it so clear that he was a genuinely good man instead of one of these folks who tries to project that image when the going is easy. I'm all for him getting some unexpected good fortune later on.
Old 10-13-05, 08:00 PM

I really didn't know what Veronica was getting to when she saw the poster at Logan's. I'm a goob.
The quote on the picture of the dead guy with Veronica's name on his hand, was the name of one of Aaron's movies that the guy did stunts on.

Spoiler:
Veronica thinks Aaron had the guy tamper with the bus to kill her, so she couldn't testify against him.
Old 10-13-05, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
The quote on the picture of the dead guy with Veronica's name on his hand, was the name of one of Aaron's movies that the guy did
Yeah I got that part, I didn't think the guy meant her harm, though.

Wonder who did him in.
Old 10-13-05, 09:52 PM

I'm going to be really mad if Wallace's mom turns out to be evil. Poor Daddy Mars can't get any sane lovin' .

At some point, the new girl has to display some sort of redeeming quality. Has to. I do like that Veronica is so protective of Wallace though. It shows that she hasn't forgotten all the lessons she learned in her year of being the outcast at Neptune High.

Thanks to this weeks DVD release of S1, I've now managed to get my sister hooked as a fan. She called me today rather irritated because she started out last night intending to watch just the first ep, but instead stayed up late to watch the entire first disc and didn't get any sleep . I smiled knowingly, secure in the knowlege that the addiction will only grow more powerful as she works her way through the set.
Old 10-13-05, 10:51 PM

That was one of the few moments I felt the show was really, really obviously telegraphing. His telling the class about his happy, happy dream of sailing off into the sunset on his big boat made me cringe, because I knew something bad was coming. I do wonder about selling the stock, though--Would that have been legal? Veronica essentially provided him with an exclusive advantage re:the value dropping,and if he dumped the stock mere days before one of his students destroyed its value, he'd probably look pretty suspicious.

I don't think I'm going to like the Alicia subplot. I don't think she is big enough of a character to merit a subplot. And for the life of me I don't think it can be all that interesting. Probably a side mystery needed to fill time until the finale.
I'm intrigued by the Alicia subplot because, depending on how long ago she knew the guy who kept calling her Shar or Shari, Wallace may be lying about who he is, too. Either way, it's bound to have a major impact on Keith and Wallace, both characters I think are major enough to make it interesting. Of course, if it's some weird evil twin thing, I'm going to be disappointed.
Old 10-13-05, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Balah
I'm going to be really mad if Wallace's mom turns out to be evil. Poor Daddy Mars can't get any sane lovin' .
He's just a magnet for mental instability, I guess.

Spoiler:
I think this makes it quite likely that Wallace will be the character leaving at around midseason. That's a real bummer.
Old 10-13-05, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jlbkwrm
I do wonder about selling the stock, though--Would that have been legal?
I know enough about securities law to truly be dangerous to anyone coming to me for advice. I would therefore exhort anybody in that situation to find the best attorney they could afford to advise them on it.

Since we're obviously dealing with a fictional character in a fictional setting, I think the best answer is that it would be an extremely unethical thing to do and that it is in the grey area as far as legality goes.

The thing I am sure of is that you don't want to make false statements to the people who investigate the transaction should they question you. Nobody wants to go down like Martha Stewart did.
Old 10-14-05, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The information was found without illegality, though, right? It was just one person doing some extra vredit homework. I don't see how it could be seen as wrong.
Old 10-14-05, 12:14 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
A recent spoiler by a good source has noted that the man talking to wallaces mom is
Spoiler:
Wallaces dad
Old 10-14-05, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
If it is any consolation, that actor plays a dirty (and rich) drug lawyer in The Wire
Old 10-14-05, 02:49 AM

Best episode of the season so far. I've been enjoying S2, but it has been a tad 'off', so this was a welcome return to form. I'm so glad to see Duncan and Logan aren't just mad about Veronica, but also about what Logan's father did. It had to come out some time since it's such a big deal. And their fight was hysterical. So lame and extremely well shot, with the split second of quiet before they go bursting out into the hall.

Poor Cassidy; he tries to do something to get his father's love and attention, and he ends up toppling his whole empire. He just can't catch a break. The kid playing him is great as well, that look on his face as he watches his father flee was brilliant. "Shred it! Shred everything!" Heh.

"You didn't plug her right the first time." Buuuuurn, Duncan. Love me some snarky Logan. And also shirtless Logan

Jackie didn't annoy me as much as last week, but I'm not loving her. Bring back Weevil I say.
Old 10-14-05, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,094 Likes on 791 Posts
I'm going to be really mad if Wallace's mom turns out to be evil. Poor Daddy Mars can't get any sane lovin'
Looks like will be available
Old 10-14-05, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you think Veronica is being protective of Wallace with Jackie, you wouldn't seen how uptight she would get if that occured Dooku.
Old 10-14-05, 12:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeremy517
If it is any consolation, that actor plays a dirty (and rich) drug lawyer in The Wire

I was gonna say the same thing. Its Karma.
Old 10-14-05, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Sir_Fireboard
Jackie didn't annoy me as much as last week, but I'm not loving her. Bring back Weevil I say.
Two episodes in and I can't stand her character.

So is this the end of the Daddy Casablancas character along with Kendall? How many episodes was Charisma signed for?

It seems too obvious that Veronica was the target of the bus incident.
Old 10-14-05, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
So is this the end of the Daddy Casablancas character along with Kendall? How many episodes was Charisma signed for?

It seems too obvious that Veronica was the target of the bus incident.
We have to see more of Kendall.
Spoiler:
IIRC, there was talk of getting CC and Joss together if at all possible for his appearance.

I agree about the bus. You'd have to be one craven person to kill a bunch of kids just to get one when there are far easier (and more certain) ways of getting it done.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.