Related *Series Premiere* 10/05

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-06-05, 12:10 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So did anyone else catch this? Baseball pushed it back about a half hour here and it gave me an excuse to skip Invasion.

It's a shame it gets a late start in this crappy timeslot because it's a cute show that you can see potential in. The sisters have great chemistry with each other. Plus it's alway good to see Jennifer Esposito
Old 10-06-05, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think if they want Related to be a success they will have to move the show to another time slot. It won't survive against Lost on ABC, Veronica Mars on UPN, and Criminal Minds on CBS.
Old 10-06-05, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I think Jennifer Esposito is really hot and she has some really cute co-stars. But, it's just not enough for me to re-arrange my schedule for it. I predict cancellation.
Old 10-06-05, 11:32 AM

I thought this show was pretty bad. I hated the first 15 minutes, it seemed all the characters talked over one another, but without the witty dialogue of Gilmore Girls. It got slightly better in the middle but the ending seemed like a sitcom or a bad movie with everyone's "secrets" coming out. Some of the plots were especially lame, such as the youngest girl dying her hair blue and switching majors.

I generally like shows on the WB but this one did not impress me. I have not decided if I will watch the second episode or not. As previously stated, this timeslot is already full enough. Not sure if this show is even worth recording it on another tuner.
Old 10-06-05, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Everytime I see Jennifer Esposito, I think she's Janine Lindemuller.
Old 10-06-05, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Man, I've been waiting for this show since I saw a billboard a few weeks ago (big Jennifer Esposito fan) but I forgot it was on last night. Does anyone now if it will be reaired.
Old 10-06-05, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Timber
Man, I've been waiting for this show since I saw a billboard a few weeks ago (big Jennifer Esposito fan) but I forgot it was on last night. Does anyone now if it will be reaired.
According to my Tivo, it is being re-aired tomorrow (Friday) night at 10pm. But I am not sure if that is the case for all WB affiliates so you might want to check Zap2it or Yahoo to confirm.
Old 10-06-05, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman
Everytime I see Jennifer Esposito, I think she's Janine Lindemuller.
That's insulting to Jennifer Esposito.

I recorded this for the wife and I, but we won't be able to catch it until the weekend is over.
Old 10-06-05, 11:55 PM

They are going to air the repeat in Just Legal's vacant slot, Monday a 9pm.

Should be Everwood.
Old 10-07-05, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I saw it. Wasn't great. But better than some crap. Many women to look at. But it reaks (sp?) of estrogen. Not sure if I will be able to watch this much longer as Gilmore Girls is already flooding me with my fair share.
Old 10-07-05, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
They are going to air the repeat in Just Legal's vacant slot, Monday a 9pm.

Should be Everwood.

Really? I just checked Tivo this morning and it's only showing 1 upcoming episode and that's next Wednesday.
Old 10-07-05, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Timber
Really? I just checked Tivo this morning and it's only showing 1 upcoming episode and that's next Wednesday.
Probably hasn't updated yet. This re-airing was just announced yesterday. I read it at The Futon Critic site, in the article about Just Legal being cancelled.
Old 10-10-05, 07:35 PM

Just to bump; the pilot is re-airing tonight in the slot vacated by "Just Legal".