Invasion -- "Watershed" -- 10/05/05

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-05, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Invasion -- "Watershed" -- 10/05/05

"Watershed"
Spoiler:
When a mysterious, unknown force knocks Jesse unconscious, it is up to Russell to save his son.

Cast: William Fichtner, Eddie Cibrian, Lisa Sheridan, Kari Matchett, Tyler Labine, Evan Peters, Ariel Gade, Alexis Dziena, Aisha Hinds, Becky Hartman Edwards, Kimleigh Smith , Melody Butiu, Armin Shimerman, Joshua Gomez , Ivar Brogger, Leslie Carrera , Jean Sincere, Ewan Chang , Barry Wiggins, Joshua Harto.
Director(s): Michael Dinner.
Producer(s): Shaun Cassidy, Lawrence Trilling.

Original Airdate: October 5, 2005.
Old 10-05-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Didn't see that ending coming from a mile away.

This show is slow. It's predictable. Yet I keep watching - I kinda sorta like it. Maybe it's because I like most of the cast. Or because I am a glutton for punishment.
Old 10-05-05, 10:44 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
I enjoyed this episode a bit more than the first two.

But I'm only going to keep watching it as the thing to fall asleep to after Lost.
Old 10-05-05, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This episode was not as boring as the first two, aside from the silly sequences involving the doctor's fascination with running water.

Still, this show is best watched in the background while doing other things.

I dropped Threshold but I am still going to watch this one as I am slightly more interested in where this alien story is headed. I am still not hooked on the show since the characters are so dull (is that lead guy supposed to be a low-rent Matthew Fox from Lost?) The reporter angle seems like it is ripped from the V miniseries and it also seems like such a plot contrivance that all these people used to be married to one another. And are the step-kids getting it on also?

And maybe I am dense but I still don't see what was so strange about those bones in the trunk. They looked like ribs to me, but every time they show them it is so dark.

I liked seeing Quark this week. I wish this show had a more interesting cast. Maybe if they moved the Threshold people to this show we might fnd a decent show.
Old 10-06-05, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
The show is okay, but too slow. This is not Lost, they can not string out the audiance all season, they need to reveal more now or no one will be left watching.
Old 10-06-05, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was planning to give this show another shot, but I guess I officially dropped it. I didn't watch or record it last night.
Old 10-06-05, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I forgot to Tivo the first 30 minutes of last night's show. Can I brief a brief first half summary.
Old 10-06-05, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Still, this show is best watched in the background while doing other things.
That's what I did. I started reading the Lost Thread during this episode.
Old 10-06-05, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by gmal2003
I forgot to Tivo the first 30 minutes of last night's show.
You "forgot to Tivo the first 30 minutes"

I don't think you're using it properly. The whole purpose of my Tivo is so I never "forget" again. It takes care of things for me.
Old 10-06-05, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by MEJHarrison

I don't think you're using it properly. The whole purpose of my Tivo is so I never "forget" again. It takes care of things for me.

Unless it was the Wednesday night Rock Star Inxs and it stopped recording at 8:30 3 weeks in row because it thought King of Queens was on.
Old 10-06-05, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I forgot to Tivo the first 30 minutes of last night's show. Can I brief a brief first half summary.
Let's see. The son and the sheriff's daughter find this upside down trailer in a flooded area. They swim over to it and are looking through the stuff inside. The son (Jesse) sees a light in the water and peers down to look at it. He then gets thrown against the wall and the girl freaks out and runs home to get her dad. Her dad is not home, but the park ranger (her step-dad) is there hanging out with his daughter. He goes to the trailer, which is now almost completely submerged in water. He swims inside and grabs his unconscious son who is in an air pocket. As they are swimming underwater he sees this lit up sea creature swim away and is startled. At the hospital, his mother treats him. He has lost a lot of blood (he has the strange marks on his back as other victims have had). After a blood transfusion, he goes into shock which the hospital says only happens if a patient gets the wrong blood type. The doctor says that can't be right, as it was my blood. The father/park ranger investigates and finds that the blood had too much hemoglobin in it, like a dolphin or whale.

As far as the other plots, the uncle guy is still trying to fiure out whose wedding ring he found with the skeleton. He takes it to a jeweler, who finds the wedding date on it (2/14/86). When the uncle is later hanging out with the sheriff's daughter and asking about Jesse, he sees the picture of her dead mother (the first wife of the sheriff). He puts down the picture and on the back it has their wedding date and also the same inscription as was on the ring-- but he does not see this.

And the park ranger's wife, the reporter, is being annoying, demanding to know about this military convoy she saw. She is pressing the sheriff for information and he takes her to a place he says is a plane crash site, where the military are working in secret. She sees a Haz Mat team carrying a trunk and wonders what is inside.

I think that is it???
Old 10-08-05, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison

I have yet to Season Pass it, thus I still have to Manually Record.
Old 10-09-05, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Quark passed up a chance to steal some jewlery?
sure it's "worthless gold" but to early 21st century humans it's still worth something

so how long until the step siblings have sex?
Old 10-09-05, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Holy, shit! That was Quark?? I knew I recognized him, but just not from where.
Old 10-10-05, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have yet to Season Pass it, thus I still have to Manually Record.
Again I say, I don't think you're using it properly! The only time I manually record something is for one off shows or movies. If it's a series, I always setup a season pass. Easier to delete a season pass than to watch an episode I forgot to record.