TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Desperate Housewives - 10/02/05

Old 10-02-05, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Desperate Housewives - 10/02/05

"You Could Drive a Person Crazy"

Spoiler:
Susan is surprised to learn the identity of Edie's new boyfriend; Lynette heads back to work, leaving Tom in charge of the house; Bree suffers through her mother-in-law's melodramatic grieving.

Cast: Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross, Eva Longoria, Nicollette Sheridan, Alfre Woodard, Brenda Strong, James Denton, Doug Savant, Ricardo Antonio Chavira, Mark Moses, Richard Burgi, Roger Bart, Cody Kasch, Andrea Bowen, Shawn Pyfrom, Joy Lauren, Mehcad Brooks, Jesse Metcalfe, Zane Huett .
Director(s): David Grossman.
Producer(s): Charles Pratt Jr., Marc Cherry, Tom Spezialy, Michael Edelstein.
Writer(s): Chris Black, Alexandra Cunningham.

Original Airdate: October 2, 2005.

Desperate Housewives
Old 10-02-05, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmm.... this sounds similar to last week's episode. Lets hope it's better than last weeks.
Old 10-02-05, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe the season premiere was meant to be two hours and they split it in two.
Old 10-02-05, 10:09 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Bree slapping her mother-in-law in the middle of the restaurant

I thought it was good outside of the Susan stuff.
Old 10-02-05, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For once the Gabrielle storyline was the most amusing, next to Lynette who always delivers the funny.
Remember when Andrew said something last season about doing something so bad it would rock Bree's world? I think he will be the one who lands her the murder charges for Rex.
The man in the basement storyline still isn't sold on me, but they aren't giving it much of a focal point yet, and maybe they won't.
Rita....
Old 10-02-05, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not bad, it was an entertaining 42 minutes of TV.

SPOILER

And yes, I'm sure that Bree's son will do something or say something to the insurance investigator to make it look like Bree was the killer. Note that Rex's body will be exhumed next week (shown in the preview for next week's episode), thus they will notice the increased, what was it, phosphate? Whatever good 'ol George was giving him.
Old 10-02-05, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I was more than happy to see Bree slap her obnoxious mother-in-law.

And Lynette thanking the dead rat for possibly saving her marriage.
Old 10-02-05, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

at Susan running over Edie.
Old 10-02-05, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Heat
Not bad, it was an entertaining 42 minutes of TV.

SPOILER

And yes, I'm sure that Bree's son will do something or say something to the insurance investigator to make it look like Bree was the killer. Note that Rex's body will be exhumed next week (shown in the preview for next week's episode), thus they will notice the increased, what was it, phosphate? Whatever good 'ol George was giving him.
Potassium

Old 10-03-05, 11:17 AM

I am surprised that they have already pretty much explained the entire "mystery" surrounding Alfre Woodard and her basement captor. The scene with her therapist seemed to explain most of it.
Old 10-03-05, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Will Mary Alice still being doing a voice over??
I find her kinda of annoying now.
Old 10-03-05, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I am surprised that they have already pretty much explained the entire "mystery" surrounding Alfre Woodard and her basement captor. The scene with her therapist seemed to explain most of it.
Don't be so sure. The show loves to give us red herrings. Remember when everybody thought that "Dana" was a dead baby girl?
Old 10-03-05, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I assumed she was making that up, so the therapist would prescribe some sleeping pills she could use on whoever she has locked in the basement.

I love the scenes with Bree and her mother-in-law.
I'm SO glad this show is back.

Rob
Old 10-03-05, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Don't be so sure. The show loves to give us red herrings. Remember when everybody thought that "Dana" was a dead baby girl?
Not only that, but it's entirely possible that she was completely lying just to get the perscription. Sure, while it's possible that she had another son who was killed by an abusive husband who's now locked in her basement, we don't know for sure.
Old 10-03-05, 11:27 AM

I guess she could have been lying to her therapist, but I thought it made sense wth what she said earlier that being chained up was part of his "punishment" and hearing him was part of hers.

Although I guess it would be dumb if the central mystery of both seasons centered on a "dead" child.
Old 10-03-05, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I fell asleep (of course) during the last few minutes, right after creepy pharamacist was hugging Bree. Can someone please summarize what happened after that?
Old 10-03-05, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Really enjoyed Bree taking on her mother-in-law. Very funny.

"Thank you rat."

Don't know why Carlos's roommate thought his wife needed "extra", she looked pretty "full" to me.

Interesting to see Carl still messing with Susan's mind. Great knockdown of Edie.

I believe Betty is lying to the therapist.
Old 10-03-05, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought it was pretty obvious that the therapist scene was just a rouse to get perscription strength sleeping pills (further evidenced by putting the pills in the food for the "prisoner") and nothing more. I wouldn't put much stock in what she said, only that she was willing to do it. I suspect the real truth is quite different.
Old 10-03-05, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Pretty good ep. Liking everything except the Susan/Mike "I love you but I can't be with you" storyline. So so tired of it. Yeah, I'm also expecting a twist when we find out what's down in the basement. Looks like that may be next week, from the preview.
Old 10-03-05, 02:43 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wonder how many storylines they can drag out.
Old 10-03-05, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I fell asleep (of course) during the last few minutes, right after creepy pharamacist was hugging Bree. Can someone please summarize what happened after that?
Don't remember exactly what happened after that particular point, but Bree's mother-in-law saw them hugging from the window, and while Bree was at Rex's attorney's office discussing his Will, the in-law called the insurance company and informed them that Bree "has a boyfriend", further setting up Bree as a suspect in Rex's death.

Lynette came back to the house after leaving the rat to find the house spotless, and that Tom had killed the rat with a shovel. There was a pretty entertaining scene involving Lynette thanking the dead rat while taking out the trash.

The ending montage also showed Bree and George coming back from somewhere, while talking and laughing, with the insurance inspector taking pictures from a nearby car.
Old 10-03-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

well, considering that she paused (to think) when the therapist asked what happened to her son and she said her husband killed him, I took it to mean she was just trying to concot a story to get the prescriptions written up.
Anyway, her story seems more interesting then Susan and the will she or won't she stay with Mike boredom.
Old 10-03-05, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why is Mike still hanging around? The actor's contract aside, wasn't he in the neighborhood to put an end who killed his previous girlfriend and to deal with that issue? I know he still thinks Zach is his son, so I guess maybe he's staying around for Zach to come back, but if he was really Zach's father, wouldn't he be out trying to find him instead of putting up with Susan's asinine games? If he accomplished what he came to do, why doesn't he just move on?
Old 10-03-05, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by xVladx
Lynette came back to the house after leaving the rat to find the house spotless, and that Tom had killed the rat with a shovel. There was a pretty entertaining scene involving Lynette thanking the dead rat while taking out the trash.
DANG! The channel I was watching it on was having a few weird errors during the night, and I think they somehow accidentally cut out a whole segment...we got the ending, but not this bit, and the show ended at 9:50pm.... I thought maybe they just didn't have as many commercials but that doesn't seem to be the case...

MATT

and I'm 100% sure that Betty was LYING to the therapist.
Old 10-03-05, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If Bree does get arrested, I wonder if they'll have her get out of jail and put under house arrest with an ankle bracelet, to further her mirror of Martha Stewart?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.