Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Crossing Jordan "There's No Place Like Home II" (09/25/05; Season 5 Premiere)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-02-05, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"There's No Place Like Home II"

Spoiler:
A FAMILIAR KILLER RETURNS FORCING SLOKUM AND MACY TO WORK TOGETHER, WOODY BETRAYS JORDANS TRUST - HENRY WINKLER GUEST STARS -- Eight weeks after the Boston Morgue has been turned upside down by Macy's (Miguel Ferrer) departure and Woody's (Jerry O'Connell) brush with death, the staff tries to conform to the stringent new guidelines set into place by interim Chief Medical Examiner Jack Slokum (Henry Winkler, "). When Woody goes rogue to take down the cop killer that nearly left him disabled, he effectively guarantees paralyzing his relationship with Jordan (Jill Hennessy). Macy's familiarity with a young psychopath becomes a valuable commodity in an investigation and Slokum is forced to work along side his nemesis. Kathryn Hahn, Ravi Kapoor and Steve Valentine also star.

The first "There's No Place Like Home" episode was aired as the premiere of Season 2 (09/23/02) and found Jordan back in LA looking for her mother's killer, while Macy stayed behind and was trying to find a serial killer that was plagueing the homeless. I can't remember back that far (or glean enough info from the old threads) to figure out why this would be called 'part II'... unless its Macey's job on the line again.

The character Oliver (from Season 3's "Devil May Care" episode) has been released from the institution (since he's 21 now) and is the step son of a man that is found dead, but standing by his hearth.

I loved how this episode was tied together with the Wizard of Oz theme, and I thought it was really clever how Macey figured it out (cowardly? Yeah right.).

Woody is still a prick and I loved Nigel's wig (that hair cut was too bad to be real).

CJ is the only thing I watch on Sunday nights now... other than Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (I'm a softy).