Reload this Page >

E-Ring Series Thread [MERGED]

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

E-Ring Series Thread [MERGED]

Old 11-07-05, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Well, I wish I hadn't opened this.

I plan to watch it tomorrow and just thought I would read the review or synopsis.
Old 11-07-05, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't why but I ended up really liking this show for some reason.

I thought it was hilarious that they could not find a good looking woman in the military to use as a decoy in their mission. That seemed like a ballsy move on their part. I guess they aren't worried about getting angry letters. What about Lynndie England?

And then when they told that mannish woman they were looking for a beautiful woman and she said "Who isn't?"

I'm glad that they explained that Tisnewski's mother was born in Cuba. Ever since the show had started, I have been looking at Benjamin Bratt thinking he does not look Polish.

I am glad they got rid of the girlfriend. Her character was boring and I remember reading that initially Bratt's character was going to have a wife and kid but they changed the pilot to make him single so they could bring in hottie love interests. Having him involved with one girlfriend prevented that. Besides, I want to see him and Kelly Rutherford get it on.

The CIA-leak subplot was ripped from the headlines but I liked it. Even though his girlfriend now had an office job, it was good to see how exposing her identity has severe ramifications not only for her past operations but for her co-workers.

Last edited by Jadzia; 11-07-05 at 06:45 AM.
Old 11-07-05, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts
They could do a complete 180 here and have the girlfriend in protective custody w/ a new identity instead of being dead. You know, when the ratings a slumping and they need a boost.
Old 11-11-05, 10:28 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Just watched the last 2 episodes and thought they were pretty good

Not surprised they killed the gf since it's been obvious they're wanting to put him and Kelly Rutherford's character together.

Kerr Smith as a special forces operator makes me laugh for some reason
Old 11-17-05, 07:52 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-ring Question

I Have been reading this sub forum for quite some time now and it is usually a good indicator of how well a show is doing and whether or not it will get canceled, except for Ghost Whisperer I don't understand that logic. Anyway why are there no threads on E-ring each week. Does anyone else out there watch this show? This is a great show right before Lost. It's just that I am concerned with the lack of response here that it will get canceled. I was curious if there were other people around here watching this.
Old 11-17-05, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts
I do. Just because there isn't a thread for it here doesn't mean it is watched. Several of the more popular shows on TV don't have threads here.
Old 11-17-05, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

NBC's "E-Ring" won the 8 p.m. hour with a 6.3/10. CBS' comedies "Still Standing" and "Yes, Dear" averaged 5.7/9, beating out the ABC duo of "George Lopez," 5.2/8, and "Freddie," 5.4/8. "That '70s Show" and the season premiere of "Stacked" scored a 3.8/6 for FOX, tying for fourth with "America's Next Top Model" on UPN. The WB brought up the rear with "One Tree Hill."
So, it won a week ago, but that hour doesn't have the same viewership as the next one where Criminal Minds in second place got a 9.8/15 rating behind lost.

Don't call me dumb, I just haven't seen it. Is it more like The West Wing, or Threat Matrix (which I was sad to see go last year).
Old 11-17-05, 10:09 AM
wiz
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I believe it's more like threat matrix and not like WW. I like E-Ring myself and it is one of the shows that I try to catch every week (or at least watch it on Tivo).
Old 11-17-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I watch it every week, but aside from the first couple of episodes there have been no threads here. The first few threads only had a few responses so I guess not as many people here watch.

I am surprised I am still watching. I was not that fond of the pilot episode, but decided to stick around to see Kelly Ruthrford join the cast. And every week, I ended up watching, enjoying the show a little more. It usually keeps me entertained for the hour and thankfully they have done away with the "signing papers" montages.

I read it was just picked up for a full season order.
Old 11-17-05, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I watch it. The first few weeks, I was disappointed that the show was 90% political bockering and infighting, 10% (or less) the mission after everybody finally agreed. I was about to give up on it.

The last few episodes really have a better balance between the mission and the political stuff between DoD and other agencies. It's gotten pretty good.
Old 11-17-05, 01:26 PM

The character development is coming along very well with this show. It has some good story arcs to it.
Old 11-17-05, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watch every week. I didn't care too much for the first episodes but it seems to have gotten better. No sigining off on mission monatges, they got rid of the girlfriend who I didn't like and it seems a little less hokey on the dialogue. There were some lines that the characters would say that really had me rolling my eyes.
Old 11-17-05, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It seems to get better each week. Especially since they started to focus more on the in the field stuff and less of the office stuff. I was bummed to see his GF get killed off though because she gave me the hot >
Old 11-19-05, 07:52 PM

i watch this show, love it.. kinda similar to threat matrix which i loved

yeah the gf was hot
Old 11-21-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Is there no love for e-ring?

Doesn't appear that there has been a thread for the last two shows, and the threads before were pretty puny. Anyone still watching? I want to hear the monkey comment on this one. Personally, this is one of the shows I just won't miss.
Old 11-21-05, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
I've got a couple episodes sitting in the DVR that I haven't gotten to yet since it is my lowest priority show; don't know if I will since I haven't been all that impressed with the show.
Old 11-21-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

At least Kelly Rutherford is kind of hot.

I can't find much to enjoy about it. They've admitted that they have no idea what actually goes on in the Pentagon and don't really care, and it shows. It's pretty cliched and predictable and substitutes "flash" and chest-thumping for compelling drama. We've seen this show before, and we'll see it again. Just substitute a different setting. And Hopper's a cartoon.

das

Last edited by das Monkey; 11-21-05 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-21-05, 12:21 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
The dialouge Bratt has is awful and he overacts it on top of that.

The show is cheesy but the action scenes I think are pretty good for TV. It's not a show I make a point of watching but it will catch it if I remember it's on.

I hope they send Hopper undercover where he has to use the accent he used on 24
Old 11-21-05, 01:25 PM

I gave up on this show after the second episode. Thought the storylines were all going to be the same. So I figured I would just stop then. Saw two of them, figured I saw them all.
Old 11-21-05, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Since this show does not seem to warrant enough interest for a weekly thread, I thought I'd merge the existing threads into one for an ongoing discussion for the few of us who watch.

Cool?
Old 11-21-05, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Cool. You and me, babe. We're still watching. Good news about being picked up.

In terms of how watched it is, it reminds me of Numb3rs. Not a lot of threads about it, and it isn't the best show ever, but I still tune in every week.
Old 11-21-05, 05:31 PM

I like the show to, and I am glad to hear that it was picked up for a full season. Dennis Hopper is great on this show. I think the show kinda shadows current events. Can't wait to see it this week.
Old 11-21-05, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I still watch, though I'm a few episodes behind...I had like 5 sitting on my DVR, watched two this weekend..not one of my favorite shows, but I like it.
Old 11-21-05, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Aside from lost, most the shows I watch are like that. I forget, then get to watch 2 or 3 in a row. I have no problem with that.
Old 11-21-05, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I am liking that Killer Instinct show on Fox, but I have 3 to watch on my Tivo now.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.