DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Law & Order: SVU / Law & Order Crossover, 9/27-9/28 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/439492-law-order-svu-law-order-crossover-9-27-9-28-a.html)

Red Dog 09-27-05 08:51 AM

Law & Order: SVU / Law & Order Crossover, 9/27-9/28

Tuesday on SVU: Design
Spoiler:
A distraught pregnant woman threatens suicide, claiming that her child is a product of rape, but when the case goes to trial, the woman's willingness to settle for cash makes detectives suspicious.

Wednesday on Law & Order: Flaw
Spoiler:
Fontana and Green seek the aid of Detective Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay) when they discover a money-laundering scheme involving a mother-daughter team (Lynda Carter, Estella Warren) Benson had dealt with in a past case.

Goldberg74 09-27-05 09:16 AM

Wahoo! Another cross-over! :up:

Noonan 09-27-05 09:59 AM

I was planning on having last weeks episode of L&O be my last since I didn't think it was that good, but now I'll have to watch this Wed too. I still watch SVU every week.

Cartload 09-27-05 04:45 PM

Spoiler:
A Lynda Carter/Estella Warren mother-daughter team? Hubba hubba!

I kind of wish they did a CI crossover episode with Logan involved, although at this point, the only characters left from his run on the original are Van Buren and McCoy.

LorenzoL 09-27-05 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cartload
Spoiler:
A Lynda Carter/Estella Warren mother-daughter team? Hubba hubba!

:up:

Goldberg74 09-27-05 10:46 PM

Great (but weird) ep! :up:

Nice to see Elliot take a back seat in a storyline.

I wonder if Mr. Wolf had to pull any strings to get Bobby Flay (Mr. Stephanie March) some screen time... I guess he's a proponent of nepitism. ;)

coladar 09-27-05 11:09 PM

Another excellent episode. After last season, it was hard to imagine this season would be anything but a letdown, but so far, so good. The only bad thing about this episode is that it'll force me to watch the inferior original... Something I stopped watching a few years ago.

Hopefully Ice-T and Belzer get the spotlight before much longer. I think almost everyone is tired of the Angry Stabler episodes, and Benson-centric episodes are fine, but they really need to utilize the entire cast a bit more. Seems a waste to just have Munch and Fin appear for a couple scenes each episode.

Supermallet 09-28-05 03:45 AM

Is it just me, or is Estella Warren one of the ugliest women they've ever had on any Law & Order show? I can't imagine she'd be able to seduce one man, let alone all of those guys.

I can't wait to see Benson go postal on the two of them tomorrow. :up:

Cusm 09-28-05 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Is it just me, or is Estella Warren one of the ugliest women they've ever had on any Law & Order show? I can't imagine she'd be able to seduce one man, let alone all of those guys.

I kept thinking, of course she was raped, look you can still see where they busted her lip smacking her around.

I am getting sick of the Stableer/Benson episodes, we really need some Munch/Fin episodes. One of the best SVU episodes is the Munch-centric one with the TV Anchor woman.

milwaukee_mike 09-28-05 08:59 AM

Fairly good epsiode, but is anybody else getting tired of NBC's promos spoiling the twists to their dramas? Last week the promo gave away that Stabler would be held hostage with a gun to his head. This week, we knew going in that the victim really wouldn't turn out to be a victim. Unless I can start avoiding the commercials for these shows, I may just have to stop wasting my time watching them.

Red Dog 09-28-05 10:09 PM

Loved the cameos in SVU.

I thought Estella Warren did a very good job. Then again, maybe I was just distratcted by her huge upper lip.

theedge 09-28-05 10:34 PM

Yes the spoiler commercials suck... during SVU when Estella's character was "murdered", we remembered seeing the promo of her saying "she is too beautiful to go to prison".... ugh.

Nice showing by Stargate SG-1 Actors Julian Sands and Ronnie Cox in the episode tho! :)

theedge 09-28-05 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Loved the cameos in SVU.

I thought Estella Warren did a very good job. Then again, maybe I was just distratcted by her huge upper lip.

Yeah, what is up with that lip... is it natural? :)

Red Dog 09-28-05 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet

Take away the bags under her eyes and she would be pretty.

Supermallet 09-28-05 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Take away the bags under her eyes and she would be pretty.

And the lips, and the hair...and the whole shape of her face. I just really dislike her.

I was also happy to see Julian Sands, I loved him in Boxing Helena, Naked Lunch, and Timecode.

das Monkey 09-28-05 10:54 PM

Not sure I ever realized what a terrible actress Lynda Carter is.

das

Red Dog 09-28-05 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Not sure I ever realized what a terrible actress Lynda Carter is.

das

Yeah - Wonder Woman wasn't very wonderful.

Supermallet 09-29-05 01:00 AM

The L&O was way worse than the SVU.

Goldberg74 09-29-05 09:11 AM

Dang it... I came home and found that for some odd reason Lost was set to record for an hour and a half so my TiVo skipped this ep.

Oh well, guess I'll wait for a reapeat (or something like that ;) ).

Deftones 09-30-05 01:46 AM

Not much of a crossover. More of a Benson-over. I love her new, longer hair. Makes her look sexy. :hump:

As for the show, not great episodes, but props for the interweaving story line.

ShallowHal 09-30-05 01:12 PM

I thought it was a rather lame attempt to intersect the stories. It's better than another CI with Kevin Arnold's big sister, though. :lol:

MrX 10-02-05 10:41 PM

I thought SVU was good, the mothership not so much. I agree it was a lame attempt as a crossover and about Olivia's longer hair:drool:

mikehunt 10-08-05 12:20 PM

finally watching this. on the SVU ep now.
took them long enough to figure out she was playing them
when belzer and ice-t got the briefing on the anal shock thing, belzer almost looked like he lied the idea at first

mikehunt 10-08-05 12:51 PM

:lol:
oh man. her interview with Dr. Huang is so pathetic and obviously an act to get out of being charged with anything

she's not that bad looking. and remember, she only drank one drink with each guy. I'm sure even if a guy didn't find her to be hot they'd at least accept one free drink form her
this ep should have been a crossing jordan crossover so that they could have an OCP mini reunion

movieking 10-10-05 05:22 PM

I thought that Warren was horrible. Remember the comments that Anthony Anderson made about her after Kangaroo Jack? There is definitely validity to them.