Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Too Late w/ Adam Corolla 9/26/05 Guest: Steve-O

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Too Late w/ Adam Corolla 9/26/05 Guest: Steve-O

Old 09-27-05, 03:25 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Los Angeles , California
Posts: 3,596
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too Late w/ Adam Corolla 9/26/05 Guest: Steve-O

Did anyone see this ? Steve-O was trashed. Adam said that they wanted him to have some drinks and do a stunt. Durring the interview, Steve-O was rambling on about how he loves Adam, and he'll prove it. He tackles Adam in his chair, and knocks him over. He then gets up, so they can take some calls. Steve-O kicks his foot through the glass coffee table, and keeps rambling. Adam tells him to be cool, and take calls, but they take a break so Adam can call security to escort him out. Adam says, we'll get security and run the rest of the Kimmel show. They come back and Adam looking visibly shaken, says Steve-O cut his foot and was backstage. He tries the old " table-cloth trick " which Steve-O was supposed to do, and he fails. It was crazy. Props to Comedy Central for not editing it, or just not showing this episode.
Old 09-27-05, 09:27 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 3,393
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see CC taking the time to edit something like that out. They don't seem to really be pushing this show in any way.

Either way Steve-O was a mess.
Old 09-27-05, 10:00 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Gil Jawetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: I was here but I disappear
Posts: 8,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recorded this and watched the first couple of seconds this morning. Looks like a lovely train wreck. I can't believe he was so sober and coherent when I interviewed him for DVDTalk.
Old 09-27-05, 07:28 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,664
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this show might be history once The Colbert Report begins.
Old 09-27-05, 11:39 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 467
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do you think this moved to midnight? You also think they greenlit both shows to give one a two month run?
Old 09-28-05, 12:27 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 8,978
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I started recording this show last week. Trying to get Steve-O drunk was just a stupid idea. Last week was pretty good, but I don't know why they got rid of the studio audience. It just seems weird, especially when you can hear all 5 of the crew members laughing.

He had some good guests last week: Roseanne Barr, Alec Baldwin. The phone calls are too random. Nobody had questions for the guests. Alec Baldwin was basically taking Loveline calls. I wouldn't mind it if Comedy Central just wanted to bring the Loveline TV show back and let Adam and Drew do it how they want.
Old 09-28-05, 07:24 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Gil Jawetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: I was here but I disappear
Posts: 8,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roto
I started recording this show last week. Trying to get Steve-O drunk was just a stupid idea. Last week was pretty good, but I don't know why they got rid of the studio audience. It just seems weird, especially when you can hear all 5 of the crew members laughing.

He had some good guests last week: Roseanne Barr, Alec Baldwin. The phone calls are too random. Nobody had questions for the guests. Alec Baldwin was basically taking Loveline calls. I wouldn't mind it if Comedy Central just wanted to bring the Loveline TV show back and let Adam and Drew do it how they want.
I prefer the laughing crew vibe for a late, late show like this. It has a lonely Tom Snyder sort of feel. And Corolla is doing a very good job. He gets off some great zingers. He was funny with the Donnas the other day too. But yeah, if Comedy Central just wanted to bring back Loveline I'd have no complaints. I was just talking with my gal about how the radio version was really excellent back in the day, especially when driving by yourself late at night.
Old 09-29-05, 12:42 AM
  #8  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 539
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was the most insane ep ever. I DVRed it and watched it today...wow. That was awkward and depressing. A must see.
Old 09-29-05, 01:49 AM
  #9  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California
Posts: 173
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't see the episode but Adam has been mentioning it every night so far on LoveLine.
Old 09-30-05, 06:36 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Austin
Posts: 498
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to see it, they have a clip of it at:
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/t...la/index.jhtml
Old 09-30-05, 06:56 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75,018
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Guess I took this off the season pass list a few days too early.
Old 10-01-05, 03:59 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,430
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gil Jawetz
I prefer the laughing crew vibe for a late, late show like this. It has a lonely Tom Snyder sort of feel. And Corolla is doing a very good job. He gets off some great zingers. He was funny with the Donnas the other day too. But yeah, if Comedy Central just wanted to bring back Loveline I'd have no complaints. I was just talking with my gal about how the radio version was really excellent back in the day, especially when driving by yourself late at night.
Loveline was on MTV, not Comedy Central. I remember Diane Farr being so damn hot...

Carolla has 3 shows right now. His late night show, his 'fixing up his dads house' show, and of course, Loveline on the radio.
Old 10-01-05, 04:01 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Gil Jawetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: I was here but I disappear
Posts: 8,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Loveline was on MTV, not Comedy Central. I remember Diane Farr being so damn hot...

Carolla has 3 shows right now. His late night show, his 'fixing up his dads house' show, and of course, Loveline on the radio.
No, I know. But MTV would never run it today. Comedy Central could. And yeah the original radio version is really great.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.