DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   How I Met Your Mother 9/26 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/439440-how-i-met-your-mother-9-26-a.html)

kevin75 09-26-05 10:48 PM

How I Met Your Mother 9/26

i laughed more at this one than the premiere. lots of good little bits throughout. they need to keep robin in her pj's all the time cause just like last week, she was hot. :drool:

Schloob1 09-26-05 11:22 PM

Some great laughs indeed on this show. My fave from the show was how the girl Barney hooked up with at the 1st party shows up again at the second party and he's like oh great. But when he comes back not 30 seconds later with she broke up with me, told her I was falling in love with her and it worked like a charm. Very funny.

Patman 09-26-05 11:50 PM

It would appear that Barney ends up with Robin. He's referred as "Uncle Barney" at the beginning of the episode, and it might turn out they end up together after just hanging together for a few years or so.

I might have to put Cobie Smulders (Robin) on my short list to play Wonder Woman.

JasonF 09-27-05 12:22 AM

All the main characters are Uncle __ or Aunt __ (except for Dad). I don't think it's any indication that Barney and Robin stay together -- just that all five remain friends and close enough that the kdis think of them as aunts and uncles.

spainlinx0 09-27-05 12:38 AM

You would think the kids wouldn't be shocked when Robin turns out to be their aunt. Don't they know their mother's first name?

Daniel-A 09-27-05 01:28 AM

Would the girl Robin introduced Danny Tanner to at the end be the wife? Or is it too early to meet her? I do like the show. Though, I can't really point out anything that struck me as really funny. And as a wingman "Have you met _______," followed by me squeezing out of the way to get back to the pack, worked pretty damn well this last weekend.

Charlie Goose 09-27-05 06:24 AM

Maybe the mother is going to be Allyson Hannigan. Ted sneaking around with his best friend's girl, that would be interesting. :)

Tracer Bullet 09-27-05 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
You would think the kids wouldn't be shocked when Robin turns out to be their aunt. Don't they know their mother's first name?

From the pilot? They acted annoyed, not shocked. To be forced to sit through a long story that you think is the tale of how your parents met, only to realize you're going to have to sit through more?

My only thought: are they going to keep going back to the kids? If this show lasts 5 seasons, are we supposed to believe they've been sitting there for more than 40 hours? :)

That said, this show exhibits some potential, but I don't think it's as good as it could be. And it suffers from sitcom New York syndrome- the disorder whereby the young and struggling main characters can rent huge apartments on the Upper West Side that would rent for about $4500 a month.

Geofferson 09-27-05 08:18 AM

A few laughs last night, but not as strong as the premiere, IMO.

bralph 09-27-05 08:20 AM

I'm surprised he's telling his kids about how horny his engaged friends are, and how easy it is to get laid by taking a girl up to the roof.

Raul3 09-27-05 06:06 PM

I just watched this show in my DVR and I thought it was funny.

I'm also thinking that Barney ends up with Robin, at least that's what the last scene seemed to show to me.

ChrisHicks 09-27-05 06:29 PM

I didn't like this one as much as I did the pilot. with all the new stuff I'm checking out/watching this year this show is on my almost gone list.

dolphinboy 09-27-05 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
I didn't like this one as much as I did the pilot. with all the new stuff I'm checking out/watching this year this show is on my almost gone list.

I want to like it for Alyson, but she seems to be in a "hit" so good for her. But I didn't like it much either. A few laughs, but most of it just feels awkward.

I think it wasn't cast well, I really only like Neil Patrick Harris, the girl who plays Robin and Alyson. The guy who used to be on Freaks and Geeks is ok, but he doesn't seem right for this role. The lead actor bothers me.

But this show will go on for many seasons, while much better shows like Arrested Development and Kitchen Confidential have to pray for their survival. Prayers that probably won't be answered.

B.A. 09-27-05 10:09 PM

It's not bad - but the worst part of the show is the actor the whole story is supposed to revolve around.

hdtv00 09-28-05 12:49 AM

No the worst part of the show is the laugh track, jesus christ all that forced laughing is annoying as hell.

Kal-El 09-28-05 01:31 AM

It's interesting enough for me that I'll keep on watching and hope it gets at least a full season.

And Cobie Smulders is just :drool: