DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Is there much interest in Stargate Atlantis? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/439363-there-much-interest-stargate-atlantis.html)

cajun_junky 09-26-05 12:07 PM

Is there much interest in Stargate Atlantis?

It seems that SGA is not getting much discussion recently and I was just wondering if interest has dwindled around here with all the new shows premiering.

I for one, love the show and catch it every Friday. Any thoughts??

Chew 09-26-05 12:16 PM

To me, it's by far the least interesting of the Friday night sci-fi shows. The Wraith are already getting dull and that's not good for 1.5 seasons.

Michael Corvin 09-26-05 12:44 PM

I liked the first season well enough. I was hoping for more exploring but the first season put us right into conflict, which would be like jumping into season 4 of SG-1 off the bat. I tivo'd season 2 and haven't watched any of it yet.

riley_dude 09-26-05 04:42 PM

I lost interest half way through season 1. I dont think either SG show is that interesting. Not as good, to me as say, The new Doctor Who or Farscape, Firefly or.... Battlestar Galactica.

rw2516 09-26-05 04:56 PM

I watch it regularly and will buy the dvds but have never enjoyed it as much as SG-1. Plus BG is so good it's blowing it away. Thought the cliffhanger predictable and lame, no big suprise. The virtual reality episode was one of the best they have done in my opinion.

mikehunt 09-26-05 05:56 PM

wraith are so-so
there's no suspense anymore WRT them being cut off, since Daedelus can get to earth in 2 weeks

Original Desmond 09-26-05 06:32 PM

I love it ! Rodney rocks !

goto gateworld forums if you really want detailed SGA and SG1 discussion :)

Duran 09-26-05 06:48 PM

I thought the last episode with the Aurora was pretty good.

SunMonkey 09-26-05 08:16 PM

It is one of only 5 shows I watch regularly.

The others a Survior, The Amazing Race, Lost, and Arrested Developement.

lisadoris 09-26-05 09:30 PM

I still enjoy the show but not quite as much as last season. Love the fact that Dr. Beckett is a regular character now though strangely absent from the last episode. I don't care with the way the writers are handling Ford but what can you do.

theedge 09-26-05 10:41 PM

I like the show pretty well... it carries on the Stargate theme without rehashing too much... the Wraith are so-so evil-dooers...The episode about the Aurora was one of the best of the series...hopefully we can see it get stronger.

I wonder if SG-1 ends up having a last season if Atlantis will take on any aspects of the show or if it will have it's last season at the same time...

muggins 09-26-05 10:43 PM

I really enjoy Stargate: Atlantis. I hope it continues on for several more seasons.

mikehunt 09-27-05 06:57 PM

ford has been better in just his few appearances than in the whole first season

cajun_junky 09-28-05 12:56 PM

For whatever reason, I enjoy SGA better than the other SG-1. Maybe because I got in when it first started but I find it a very enjoyable show.

Orbi-Wan Techno 09-28-05 03:16 PM

SGA and SG1 are on our permanent DVR list....