DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Killer Instinct - Season One Discussion [MERGED] (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/439059-killer-instinct-season-one-discussion-%5Bmerged%5D.html)

Geofferson 09-23-05 09:28 AM

Killer Instinct - Series Premiere "Pilot" - 9/23/05

Pilot
When healthy young women inexplicably die in their sleep, Hale's quest for an answer leads him to a chilling discovery at a local professor's lab.

Cast: Johnny Messner, Chi McBride, Kristin Lehman Executive Producer(s): Russel Friend, Garrett Lerner

Not sure how this will play out, but have been anticipating it for some reason.

movieking 09-23-05 11:22 AM

The first time I heard of this show, it was a couple of days ago in a commercial. No idea about how good or bad the buzz is, but I don't think that it will catch on. I'll check it out.

Chew 09-23-05 11:28 AM

One star from USAToday.

I'll check out the pilot.

ChrisHicks 09-23-05 11:49 AM

so will this make it more than 4 eps?

DJariya 09-23-05 01:49 PM

This shows only selling point is that it's from one of the executive producers from CSI. Big fricking deal. I'll check out the pilot, but considering the show is on Friday nights and it changed it's name from "The Gate" I don't think things look promising for it. Also, Johnny Messner is like a C-List or maybe even D-list actor.

Baron Of Hell 09-23-05 06:30 PM

A tv series based on a video game. Not sure they will pull it off.

Patman 09-23-05 07:09 PM

I say the over/under is 3 episodes before getting pulled.

meritocracy 09-23-05 11:05 PM

After seeing quite a few advance pilot's this was my #1 pick to get dropped first. I'm still convinced if this started airing at the same time as Head Cases it would have happened. Lots of problems even getting this show to air. Knowing this, I really tried to give it a fair shake given that the delicious Marguerite Moreau was in the cast. Don't bother. Truly horrible.

Charlie Goose 09-23-05 11:28 PM

Feh. Nothing interesting and tried way too hard to be shocking. No idea who Johnny Messner is and based on his performance, I know why.

Daniel-A 09-24-05 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
A tv series based on a video game. Not sure they will pull it off.

Didn't even try to see what it was about, huh?

It was ok. Better than the opening of CSI IMO.

Rypro 525 09-24-05 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
Didn't even try to see what it was about, huh?

It was ok. Better than the opening of CSI IMO.

i think what he meant is that there is an old school super nintendo game from the early 90's called "killer Instinct" thats a fighting game.

Daniel-A 09-24-05 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
i think what he meant is that there is an old school super nintendo game from the early 90's called "killer Instinct" thats a fighting game.

Yeah I know what he meant. But the game and the show have 0 in common.

Geofferson 09-24-05 03:59 PM

I watched this and damn Johnny Messner is a terrible actor! This show was laughable at times. I see why it got so many negative reviews. I bet it lasts one more week.

wetsprockets 09-25-05 12:53 PM

Finally got around to watching this. It's pretty bad. Just Legal bad, only no one on the show is likable. That said, I'll probably tune in to the 2nd episode just to see how they're going to introduce Kristin Lehman and how they'll write out Moreau given that they ended it
Spoiler:
showing her as being... obsessed?... with Hale.

Chew 09-26-05 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
I watched this and damn Johnny Messner is a terrible actor! This show was laughable at times. I see why it got so many negative reviews. I bet it lasts one more week.

You know, although I completely agree with this: I enjoyed it for those very reasons. It's so completely laughable, it's fun to watch. I'm sure it won't last long, but I'll keep watching.

Geofferson 09-30-05 09:05 AM

Killer Instinct "Five Easy Pieces" 9/30/05

Five Easy Pieces
After learning Lyford was a plant by Lt. Cavanaugh to ensure Jack was ready to return, Jack meets his real partner.
50/50 odds this show lasts to next week.

Jadzia 10-02-05 04:44 PM

I finally watched this. I went in with zero expectations and I was just planning on watching it so I can scratch it off my Tivo list based on all the bad reviews.

I was surprised I kind of liked it. The story actually drew me in and I really liked the ending when the guy put the spider on the killer and then dropped the antidote and said "Oops". I also really liked Marguerite Moreau, but now I understand she won't be in the rest of the series, which is a dumb move. I also liked the SF scenery/cinematography.

I'll watch it again. Although I doubt the show will last long (Friday night+Fox). I think it is a much better show than Bones.

It was funny, as soon as I saw Jeffrey Nordling's name in the openng credits, I knew he'd turn out to be the killer. :lol:

Jadzia 10-03-05 11:37 AM

This was a pretty good episode. I liked the twist that the serial killer was a woman, and the whole hunting dwn organ recipients thing was cool. Of course, as soon as I heard that the blind girl had corneal implants, I wondered if they would turn out to be something with the donor. Did they ever explain why the girl's ex-boyfriend had a jar of eyes in his house? They dropped that and they were pretty quick to rule him out as a suspect.

I missed Marguerite Moreau from the pilot. I didn't care for Kristin Lehman. I have liked her in a few other things I have seen her in, but here she just seemed like a bleached blond bimbo with too tight shirts. She kind of looks like Courtney Love on a good day.

Geofferson 10-03-05 11:52 AM

Yeah, was actually a decent episode last Friday -- much better than the pilot, IMO.

spainlinx0 10-03-05 11:57 AM

Were they eyes? Didn't look like they collected them for evidence, but just put them back on the shelf. Spoiled olives?

littlefuzzy 10-03-05 11:02 PM

Those were just spoiled olives...

Jadzia 10-13-05 12:39 AM

Is anyone still watching his show?

I thought the third episode was pretty cool. Lots of unexepected twists. I wasn't planning on watching a new crime procedural but this one has really been entertaining.

Daniel-A 10-13-05 02:29 AM

I bet I'm watchign it, what this one about? Is this the Chi McBride one? Or the kinda weird supernatural one? Hmm or are those the same one. I guess I'm watching it, but if I can't even remember what it is or is about, maybe I should stop.

Jadzia 10-13-05 10:38 AM

:lol:

It's the one with Chi McBride. Doesn't seem like any other people are watching it.

Geofferson 10-13-05 10:52 AM

I watched the first two, but missed the third. Heard it'll be moving to Monday once baseball is over.