DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Head Cases Cancelled (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/439006-head-cases-cancelled.html)

THX7966 09-22-05 08:21 PM

Head Cases Cancelled

FOX has announced the cancellation of "Head Cases". First casualty of the season after just two episodes.

Gasspasser 09-22-05 08:29 PM

Didnt see this one comming...... Well, maybe

das Monkey 09-22-05 08:30 PM

das Monkey

Luckily I won't have to decide whether to watch it or not, because this has cancelled written all over it.

Luckily I won't have to decide whether to watch <i>Bones</i> or not, because it has cancelled written all over it.

*waits*

das

Jadzia 09-22-05 09:14 PM

Now, can the WB cancel Just Legal and move Everwood back to Mondays?

Patman 09-22-05 09:16 PM

Wow, Girls Club and now Headcases. What will be the Fox show that only lasts a single episode before cancellation?

meritocracy 09-22-05 09:41 PM

No surprise at this announcement.

B.A. 09-22-05 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Now, can the WB cancel Just Legal and move Everwood back to Mondays?

I second this motion.

DRG 09-22-05 09:52 PM

"Lost" began its season at 9 p.m. with a 13.7/20 -- among the show's best ratings ever. NBC stayed in second, barely, with the premiere of "E-Ring," 6.3/9, edging out a repeat of last season's "CSI" finale. "Top Model" moved into fourth with a 3.4/5 in its second hour. FOX's "Head Cases" did a faceplant in its second week, coming in at a meager 2.3/3. The WB re-aired the "Just Legal" premiere.
Yeah, coming in a full rating point under a UPN show (even one of their hits) is never a good sign.

Rogue588 09-22-05 10:38 PM

Wait...what was Head Cases about?

And why is this cancelled and NOT the War At Home?

Gizmo 09-22-05 10:55 PM

Holy crap that was fast. I was pissed when Girls Club left so soon...this one I didn't bother to watch. I wonder what fox will air in its place?

Patman 09-22-05 10:56 PM

Unfortunately, the Mondays at 9 p.m. EDT timeslot has gotten crowded (Las Vegas, 2.5 Men, Prison Break), so moving Everwood back wouldn't be all that good for my recording plate, but Everwood is going to get crushed by CSI on Thursday nights.

DeadLamb 09-22-05 11:02 PM

wow.. I know tv is a biz but I'm still shocked when shows get canned THIS fast, even on fox.. I mean it's not like the show was even given a chance, at all.. Oh well..

guess I lost the "first show to get canned" contest in that other thread here, being I was sure it was bones!! At least I got that fox would be the first network to can a show but that's not really a shock... we all know fox looooooooves to get rid of shows on the quick..

invisiblegt 09-22-05 11:03 PM

Well, this is fine by me. I watched the first episode, and wasn't impressed. I didn't even bother with the second.

superdeluxe 09-22-05 11:04 PM

holy crap...most shows are starting this week heh..and its already cancelled.

Quake1028 09-22-05 11:09 PM

Damn, this sucks. The second episode was much better, and Adam Goldberg was fantastic. I'm probably the only person in the World upset about this :lol:.

Jadzia 09-22-05 11:10 PM

So does anyone know what they will air instead?

There were 6 dramas competing in this timeslot, I am thinking a reality show or comedies would probably fare better.

Gizmo 09-22-05 11:12 PM

So when can we expect a 'Head Cases' Compete First Season with 8 unaired episodes DVD?

superdeluxe 09-22-05 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
So does anyone know what they will air instead?

When animals attack.

Jadzia 09-23-05 12:18 AM

Wow, Fox has already taken this off their list of shows on the website.

Looks like next week they are showing Nanny 911.

Quake1028 09-23-05 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
So when can we expect a 'Head Cases' Compete First Season with 8 unaired episodes DVD?

:drool:

chowderhead 09-23-05 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
Wow, Girls Club and now Headcases. What will be the Fox show that only lasts a single episode before cancellation?

Rewind (ZERO episodes). I remember watching the promos and they didn't show any clips from the show.
Lawless (1 episode)
Head Cases (2 episodes)
Ryan Caulfield: Year One (2 episodes)
Skin (3 episodes)
Harsh Realm (3 episodes)
and about 100 others.

Scott27 09-23-05 12:36 AM

Beginning in a couple weeks, Trading Spouses will be taking over Head Cases' slot.

spainlinx0 09-23-05 12:54 AM

I'm watching the second episode right now. I don't get the hate, and am disappointed they only gave it two episodes.

Legolas 09-23-05 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Patman

I actually have the answer for that!

Lawless, starring Brian Bosworth and Glenn Plummer.

Quake1028 09-23-05 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I'm watching the second episode right now. I don't get the hate, and am disappointed they only gave it two episodes.

I honestly don't know what Fox was expecting, putting it up against Lost, E-Ring, etc. It says 6 eps have been completed, maybe they will go ahead and release them on dvd, who knows.