DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Joey - Season Two Premiere 9/22 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/439003-joey-season-two-premiere-9-22-a.html)

nightwing82 09-22-05 07:59 PM

Joey - Season Two Premiere 9/22

So did anyone watch? I thought it was pretty funny. I enjoyed the addition of his new friend and they still kept that crazy guy that lives in the apartment complex.

I think they should continue the here/there thing with Alex and Joey and then get them married during sweeps where his Friends come to attend ;)

Snowmaker 09-22-05 09:08 PM

Is it just me, or did Alex look hotter since last season?

She looked like she has hit the gym over the summer.

nightwing82 09-22-05 09:25 PM

Yes she looked way hotter and Gina looked less "harsh"

Trelach24 09-22-05 10:03 PM

I didn't think Alex could get much hotter but DAMN!

Deftones 09-22-05 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Is it just me, or did Alex look hotter since last season?

That was the first thing I noticed. I think it is a combination of a new hair style and different makeup. :up:

Charlie Goose 09-22-05 11:40 PM

I was a fan of this show during the first season, but this premiere was total shit. Not one funny bit in the entire show and his new friend annoyed me within seconds.

HistoryProf 09-22-05 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones
That was the first thing I noticed. I think it is a combination of her two boobs hanging out the entire episode :up:

fixed.

JasonF 09-23-05 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I was a fan of this show during the first season, but this premiere was total shit. Not one funny bit in the entire show and his new friend annoyed me within seconds.

I thought it was much funnier than most of last season. Joey's audition for the Bruckheimer movie had me rolling even though it was the same damn joke repeated four times.

invisiblegt 09-23-05 01:14 AM

My biggest problem is with the new "friend."

I have never... Never been a fan of his acting, and, in all honesty, believe that he could ruin the show for me.

Draven 09-23-05 02:32 AM

I laughed out load at least 5 times throughout the episode, and had a smile on my face for the rest of it.

Just a great episode all around, and yes, Alex did look smokin'.

zebop 09-23-05 02:44 AM

This was a well-put together show, much better than last year. Looks like LeBlanc has improved from the first season too. Liked Miguel Nunez a lot--nice chemistry with Joey too, always thought he should have a friend in the business.

Alex did look hotter LOL, she's great looking anyway. Also nice to see Melanie Paxson too...

Chew 09-23-05 06:08 AM

I wasn't really feeling all that different from last season. It's "fun" to watch, but not all that funny. Hopefully the changes in store will start making the show better.

BDLOU 09-23-05 06:30 AM

I thought this was pretty good. I liked the friend and see a lot of potential there. It looked they played well off each other. This is why they should allow a lot of shows more than one season because a few tweaks and the show can become even better. LeBlanc was awesome in this one. The whole explore the room had me LOL.

movieking 09-23-05 06:48 AM

The funniest part of the episode to me happened before the opening credits - "I'm still here!"

I am not sure that Juwanna Man is going to fit in. I would much rather more Howard. Less Michael too. As for Michael,

Spoiler:
He is going to be moving out this season

Alex looked amazing, especially in the first scene in Joey's room with the slinkly black dress on. After we watched it, my wife asked me if I wanted to delete it. I said No :)

Snowmaker 09-23-05 06:56 AM

And Kevin Smith was great as usual. I like how he even worked in the Ben Affleck crack. :thumbsup:

This must be the Alex before they made some cast changes and redid the pilot:

http://joeyonline.free.fr/photos/joey2.jpg

Phil L. 09-23-05 08:08 AM

I actually felt dumber after sitting through an hour of this.
Yes, Alex and the new neighbor looked hot.
But then it would sort of be like watching pro wrestling just to check out the babes. The rest is just much too painfull.

Joey is pretty much the same as last season. It's maybe background while making dinner or something. But I'd be way to embarrassed and feel way too foolish to actually sit and pay attentioon to it all.

Timber 09-23-05 08:45 AM

I didn't watch last season (I think I watched an episode or 2 over the Summer) because I was not a fan of Friends at the end. I have to say however that I enjoyed the show last night and added a Season Pass for it (to bad not many of them will record becaus I have other priorites at the 8 slot)

Oh and Alex is hot.

mdc3000 09-23-05 09:03 AM

I thought it was really funny. I missed most of last season, but this seemed like an improvement from what I had seen. I like the addition of the new guy, and yeah, Alex did look hotter. Had some classic Joey moments "acting exercises" and was a very enjoyable hour.

MATT

"Sex Partner"

cdoug57 09-23-05 09:31 AM

I felt this was much better and funnier than last season.

Acting exercises
Alex :D
Sex partner
"'I'm still here."
Howard and the eye
Stand or sit - moving around the room

Joey as an action star - seems to have more potential than last year.

nightwing82 09-23-05 01:14 PM

Only 7.57 million viewers for the premiere :(

(to compare: Everybody Hates Chris on UPN last night got 7.58 million).

movieking 09-23-05 02:44 PM

Really? Wow. That does not bode well at all.

Goldberg74 09-23-05 03:35 PM

Yup, that's Ashley Scott (Bird of Prey)... she got canned and they got the new Alex... and it looks they traded her in for the newer hotter model. ;)

I liked this ep too, and the Juwannaman guy kinda grew on me after awhile.

"I should now, I directed Ben Affleck." rotfl

Daniel-A 09-23-05 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose

I thought exactly the opposite. I think this was much better than everything from the first season. I'm still ntoa big Alex fan, but I did laugh a bit. When the French voice came in during the Bruckheimer reading I spit my drink.

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
My biggest problem is with the new "friend."

I have never... Never been a fan of his acting, and, in all honesty, believe that he could ruin the show for me.

I actually liked the guy. I remember him on a UPN sitcom that I didn't really like, but he's pretty good here. Michael+the guy neighbor = bring enough laughs to keep me watching.

clemente 09-23-05 06:28 PM

Melanie Paxson!

Yeah, and Alex was hot. It's not some people's cup of tea, but I like Joey.

I was worried about Alex Nunez, foremost because I haven't cared for anything he's done, and second how his inclusion would affect what I thought was already some good chemisty among the cast. But he fit in well, it never felt like "why's that guy sitting with them".

Too bad about the numbers, Joey could be short for this season.

invisiblegt 09-23-05 08:30 PM

And Kevin Smith was great as usual. I like how he even worked in the Ben Affleck crack. :thumbsup:

Yes... Not only is the "new" Alex far more attractive, but she is a much better actress than Ashley Scott (at least in terms of the pilot).

Ashley Scott was horrible in the pilot... I mean, absolutely horrible.