DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   So what night is going to have the most conflicts for you this season? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/438875-so-what-night-going-have-most-conflicts-you-season.html)

collven 09-22-05 12:07 AM

So what night is going to have the most conflicts for you this season?

I haven't really looked at the full schedule yet, but so far for me it looks like Thursdays, at 7 pm CDT especially. My wife likes Joey, and I will want to watch Smallville and Alias. Thank goodness we never got into Survivor. I will probably end up DVRing one show while she watches Joey, and watch the other show in the bedroom. We only have 1 DVR unfortunately.

Patman 09-22-05 12:11 AM

deja vu

Thursdays 8 p.m. EDT - 5 shows: Alias, Smallville, Survivor, The O.C., Joey/Will&Grace.

DJariya 09-22-05 12:12 AM

Thursday's are going to be brutal because of that 8pm timeslot. I bought a 2nd Tivo to help with that problem. However, I can't record Night Stalker at 9pm because The OC is 61 minutes and my other tuner is recording Smallville and then Reunion.

My other Tivo is busy with CSI and The Apprentice.

Jadzia 09-22-05 12:29 AM

I still need to watch some shows*, so not sure what will stay of the new ones.

I have dual tuner Tivo, so I only consider it a conflict if I have a 3-way conflict, which means I have to record it on another TV besides my main one.

These are my 3 or more conflicts (hopefully I can drop some of these in the next few weeks):

Monday at 8pm
Arrested Develpment/Kitchen Confidential
How I Met Your Mother
Surface*

Tuesday at 8pm
Gilmore Girls
Biggest Loser
Bones*

Tuesdays at 9pm
House
TAR
Earl/Office
Commander in Chief*
Supernatural*
Sex, Love & Secrets*

Wednesday 9pm
Lost
Veronica Mars
E-Ring*
Related*
Criminal Minds*

Thursday 8pm
Survivor
Alias
Everybody Hates Chris*

Thursday 9pm
CSI
Apprentice
Everwood
Reunion
Night Stalker*

MrX 09-22-05 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Tuesdays at 9pm
House
TAR
Earl/Office
Commander in Chief
Supernatural
Sex, Love & Secrets

Wednesday 9pm
Lost
Veronica Mars
E-Ring
Related
Criminal Minds

Those 2 are far and away the worst

Quake1028 09-22-05 02:46 AM

My only conflicts were resolved by re-airings at different times:

Monday 8pm
Surface (record replay)
King of Queens/How I Met Your Mother (DVR)
Kitchen Confidential (DVR)

Tuesday 9pm
Amazing Race (DVR)
Earl/Office (DVR)
Supernatural (record replay)

Wednesday 9pm
Lost (DVR)
E-Ring (DVR)
Head Cases (watch live on the other tv)

outcastja 09-22-05 02:56 AM

Thursday 8pm
Survivor
Smallville
The O.C.
Alias
Everybody Hates Chris
Joey

Chew 09-22-05 06:05 AM

Tuesday at 9EST is the worst time for me.

Jimmy James 09-22-05 06:56 AM

I have no conflicts that force me off of my dual tuner DVR, but Tuesday is definitely the busiest night for the DVR. I would have conflicts on Tuesdays and Thursdays except that I have no WB affiliate. My WB shows get replayed in the middle of the night up to a week after they air on my local NBC channel.

Groucho 09-22-05 08:55 AM

Thursdays at 7pm: Everybody Hates Chris, Survivor, Joey

I ended up dropping Joey.

Cusm 09-22-05 09:44 AM

I have a dual tuner HD DVR, so I have few conflicts.

Sunday 8:00 CST
Family Guy/American Dad
Desperate Housewives (HD)
Rome (HD)
This is my most conflicted. I could get Rome on HBO-West in SD or get it another night during the week, but I love this show. I will probably do what I did last time and get FG/AD on [adultswim] the following Thursday night.

Monday 8:00cst
Las Vegas (HD)
Prison Break
Two and a Half Men (HD)
Monday Night Football (HD)
In the past (with 24) I just skip 2.5 Men and get it in reruns. When there is a good football game on I would usually skip LV. One day I might get my HTPC setup to do away with SD conflicts. I wish Fox would rerun their shows on F/X and I wish NBC would rerun all of their HD shows on Universal-HD.

Tuesday 9:00
Nip/Tuck
Law & Order: SVU (HD)
Boston Legal (HD)
Luckily F/X shows an encore at 10:00 and about 5 other times throughout the week, so I wait til 10:00 to get Nip/Tuck.

Deftones 09-22-05 09:45 AM

If E-Ring sucks, then there won't be any conflicts.

Red Dog 09-22-05 10:01 AM

Sunday at 9 is loaded: Rome, Desperate Housewives, Footballers' Wives (on BBC America), L&O: CI (the Chris Noth eps), and SNF. I end up recording the midnight re-airing of Footballers Wives.

Thursday at 8: Survivor, Smallville, The O.C. (assuming I stick with it), Everybody Hates Chris (assuming I like it).

Monday at 9 is potentially a 4-way conflict: MNF, Las Vegas, Prison Break, and Just Legal, but I don't see myself sticking with JL.

I can handle up to a 5-way conflict - if I watch something live.

Red Dog 09-22-05 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cusm

Tuesday 9:00
Nip/Tuck
Law & Order: SVU (HD)
Boston Legal (HD)

That's the highest quality conflict I have. ;)

Quake1028 09-22-05 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Cusm
I have a dual tuner HD DVR, so I have few conflicts.

Sunday 8:00 CST
Family Guy/American Dad
Desperate Housewives (HD)
Rome (HD)
This is my most conflicted. I could get Rome on HBO-West in SD or get it another night during the week, but I love this show. I will probably do what I did last time and get FG/AD on [adultswim] the following Thursday night.

You don't have HBO On Demand as an option to get Rome?

Red Dog 09-22-05 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Quake1028
You don't have HBO On Demand as an option to get Rome?

I do, but not in HD.

Phil L. 09-22-05 10:53 AM

Funny you guys mention that, I just deleted last week's episode of Rome off the DVR last night cause I needed some extra space. I figure I can always catch it ON Demand. Yeah I know it won't be in HD but it's still ok. Plus HBO repeats these so often I can usually end up catching a HD reairing anyway.

Conflicts? Right now it's tue night a 8pm

According to Jim (yes I'm admitting I watch this show, I'm still hot for CTS)
Gilmore Girls
NCIS

Red Dog 09-22-05 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Phil L.
Funny you guys mention that, I just deleted last week's episode of Rome off the DVR last night cause I needed some extra space. I figure I can always catch it ON Demand. Yeah I know it won't be in HD but it's still ok. Plus HBO repeats these so often I can usually end up catching a HD reairing anyway.

Is there an HD re-airing (ET) at 11 pm or later or else on a Friday or Saturday? From what I've seen the one HBO-HD repeat is 9 pm Tuesday which doesn't work (already have 2 HD programs to record there). I'd like to be able to record DH and L&O:CI in HD Sunday night at 9 if there a HD repeat of Rome in another slot.

edit: Nevermind. Found that HBO-HD reairs Wed at 11 pm and Friday 10 pm. Either of those should work.

Phil L. 09-22-05 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Is there an HD re-airing (ET) at 11 pm or later or else on a Friday or Saturday? From what I've seen the one HBO-HD repeat is 9 pm Tuesday which doesn't work (already have 2 HD programs to record there). I'd like to be able to record DH and L&O:CI in HD Sunday night at 9 if there a HD repeat of Rome in another slot.

edit: Nevermind. Found that HBO-HD reairs Wed at 11 pm and Friday 10 pm. Either of those should work.

I just came in to post the Friday night at 10pm and I also think Sat at 1am is another.

REL77 09-22-05 11:08 AM

Thursday 8pm EST... Alias, Smallville, Suvivor and The OC... all same time, sucks... I will end up aalways watching Alias live, and will probably catch the others on the tivo or download the shows.... I was so pissed to hear they moved both Alias and Smallville to that time slot... Way to much competition

areacode212 09-22-05 11:20 AM

I've decided that I'm going to download everything.

Charlie Goose 09-22-05 12:14 PM

24 vs. Monday Night RAW on Mondays

House vs. My Name is Earl on Tuesdays

Lost vs. Veronica Mars on Wednesdays

Unless my work schedule changes, I'll record a show on one TV and watch the other as it airs. On a VCR!

DRG 09-22-05 12:49 PM

Tuesday, 8 Central

House
Amazing Race
My Name is Earl/The Office
Supernatural

Thursday, 7 Central

Joey
Survivor
Alias
Smallville

Thursday, 8 Central

CSI
The Apprentice
Everwood
Reunion
Night Stalker (if I actually like it)

The Iron Chef 09-26-05 08:36 AM

Does anyone know if the WB will be re-airing Smallville on Sunday afternoons, like they are currently doing for Supernatural? I think they used to do this as well.

My wife and I have conflicts on Thursday with these:

Survivor
OC
Smallville
Alias

We only have 1 tivo, so we can tivo 2 on one TV, watch a third on another TV, but the fourth....???

Daniel-A 09-26-05 11:01 AM

I'm back to all 6 networks at 8@Thurday, and 5 at 9@Wednesday. The Veronica Mars reairs aren't happening here. At least not this week, I got the niners game. Bleh niners.