DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Guatemala - 9/22/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/438775-survivor-guatemala-9-22-05-a.html)

auto 09-21-05 09:05 AM

Survivor: Guatemala - 9/22/05

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivo...hotos/1/27.jpg
And everyone's favorite cutie:
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivo...hotos/1/03.jpg
Preview:
Spoiler:
"Man Down"

One Survivor is appalled when a nest of ants are served up for dinner in a tribe desperate for protein.

Lacking any sympathy for ailing tribemates, one Survivor starts complaining about the weak ones being lazy and getting pampered.

Leading into the second Tribal Council, one Survivor fights back when their work ethic is questioned by tribemates.

auto 09-22-05 10:34 AM

So, think Bobby John & Steph will make it through amother ep?

taa455 09-22-05 12:35 PM

^^^^ I think so. At this stage of the game they are still getting rid of the weak links in the interest of winning physical challenges. BJ & Steph are safe for now, imo.

Don't ask me who'll get voted out this week. I haven't learned all the names yet.

sven 09-22-05 03:23 PM

Go Brooke Go!!!!

Patman 09-22-05 07:18 PM

Danni's so skinny that her skin and bones grossed me out in the reward challenge segment. Ick!

ChrisHicks 09-22-05 07:22 PM

damnit!! my satellite is out due to the weather and I'm missing everything. this, Joey, The OC...

NORML54601 09-22-05 07:35 PM

They had 200 ants :lol: Why not fry em up and mix the rest of the corn and make a soup? Eating ants one at a time would be tedious if they grossed you out.

Maxflier 09-22-05 07:48 PM

Uh-oh.... looks like Hogeboom's sercret is out.

auto 09-22-05 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Uh-oh.... looks like Hogeboom's sercret is out.

Yep. He's an idiot for not fessing up now. He's going to look much worse when they merge and he's officially outed. What the hell is he thinking.

Man, Steph's tribe has NO leader. Everyone is just trying desperately not to be voted out. Someone needs to step it up and take charge or they will continue to lose.

I'm liking the farmer more and more. Can't remember his name at the moment. Brandon?

SunMonkey 09-22-05 09:06 PM

I think Hogeboom didn't want to tell anyone because he has a grossly inflated ego. I'm only a casual football fan, but I had never heard of him. And to look at his numbers, that isn't surprising. I am actually surprised anyone recognized Hogeboom. They probably cast the sportslady just so that would happen. But even her recognizing him 16 years out of the NFL seems more than a little fishy.

I hope he goes home soon.

Timber 09-22-05 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Danni's so skinny that her skin and bones grossed me out in the reward challenge segment. Ick!

If you're grossed out by her in week 2 imagine if whe makes it 4 or so more weeks. By the merge it could become very disturbing.

the action 09-22-05 09:11 PM

Right choice by the tribe tonight. I still think the gay guy was the weakest player, no one else on either tribe had trouble climbing a ladder.

Big Boy Laroux 09-22-05 09:36 PM

gary should have just said, "yeah, i was in the NFL for a short time. nothing ever came of it." doesn't have to say he was there for over 10 years. it'll come back to bite him, lying outright like that.

Dubya 09-22-05 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
I think Hogeboom didn't want to tell anyone because he has a grossly inflated ego. I'm only a casual football fan, but I had never heard of him. And to look at his numbers, that isn't surprising. I am actually surprised anyone recognized Hogeboom. They probably cast the sportslady just so that would happen. But even her recognizing him 16 years out of the NFL seems more than a little fishy.

I hope he goes home soon.

I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan who remembers him (all too) well but twenty years later I could not have picked him out of a lineup if my life depended on it. I agree that seemed pretty fishy.

dolphinboy 09-22-05 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by automator
Yep. He's an idiot for not fessing up now. He's going to look much worse when they merge and he's officially outed. What the hell is he thinking.

Man, Steph's tribe has NO leader. Everyone is just trying desperately not to be voted out. Someone needs to step it up and take charge or they will continue to lose.

I'm liking the farmer more and more. Can't remember his name at the moment. Brandon?

I think I wrote last week that I was really surprised that Steph's tribe seemed, from the start, extremely less strong than the other tribe. I'm surprised it's even been close thus far. Possibly the men getting sick all at once helped, but I don't see how they stand much of a chance. Poor Steph has been put on some terrible tribes.

Is it possible that one guy who can't breathe is having panic attacks? I just find it hard to believe he could be struggling to breathe as bad as he has and the medics would allow him to stay. But, if when they check him, they don't see anything serious, then they could just let him either suck it up or quit but not mention it was likely anxiety or stress related.

BigDan 09-22-05 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by SunMonkey

I remember seeing Hogeboom with the Cowboys way back when and immediately recognized his name as the former Cowboys QB when he was announced as being on Survivor; HOWEVER, if you had put me on an island with him while he's claiming to be Gary Hawkins: Professional Landscaper, I wouldn't have recognized him.

I'll bet Babe Laufenberg is rethinking his plan to fly below the radar on Big Brother 7 next summer now.

Patman 09-22-05 10:14 PM

I'm actually looking forward to Bubby Brister to show up in BB7. Heh.

brainee 09-22-05 10:24 PM

I get the sense that Gary really wants to be recognized -- for someone to go "Oh my god! It's Gary Hogeboom! I loved watching you play!" That would be just a huge stroke to his ego. I'm surprised someone actually recognized him. I follow football too, knew the name, but would no way recognize him.

I like how they shout at Lydia "Go Fishmonger!" It's just such a fun word to say, I can't blaim them. I love the quote from the one guy about the diverse skills on his team. "It's great! We have a landscaper, a zookeeper, a magician's assistant, a fishmonger, a gay guy!" :) I didn't notice ... when Rafe is on screen, does the caption say "Rafe, 22, Gay Guy"?

Gil Jawetz 09-22-05 10:40 PM

I loved it when Steph said that to vote her out at this point would be "retarded." Straight up, girl! Steph is great. Even though I'm still not sure about the second chance twist, I'm glad to have her back.

das Monkey 09-22-05 10:51 PM

brainee

I get the sense that Gary really wants to be recognized -- for someone to go "Oh my god! It's Gary Hogeboom! I loved watching you play!" That would be just a huge stroke to his ego. I'm surprised someone actually recognized him. I follow football too, knew the name, but would no way recognize him.

Agreed. I'd recognize him by name too, but I couldn't pick him out of a line-up 16 years removed from the League. The Danni thing is a complete setup.

brainee

I love the quote from the one guy about the diverse skills on his team. "It's great! We have a landscaper, a zookeeper, a magician's assistant, a fishmonger, a gay guy!" :) I didn't notice ... when Rafe is on screen, does the caption say "Rafe, 22, Gay Guy"?

That was hilarious. What an ass.

das

Silt 09-22-05 11:16 PM

Was a pretty enjoyable episode, already a better season than Palau I think. I can do without Steph interviews every 10 minutes though. It's like she forgot that before this go around, she was 0 for Survivor challenges. Danni, damn, she needs to mix in a steak every once in a while. In a few weeks a breeze is going to blow her out into the river and she's gonna be gator bait.

So far 3 great challenges I think. For a few season theres, it seemed those thinking up challenges just couldn't come up with anything new. Hope the rest of the season is just as strong...has renewed my faith in this show so far.

aktick 09-22-05 11:26 PM

I like the location and the challenges, but the people are just too "meh" for me. Did Bobby John even get any airtime this ep? He didn't even take part in the individual tug of war thing.

SlingshotBandit 09-22-05 11:26 PM

I just caught my first episode of the season. It was great. I started watching Survivor last season, and only sparingly. Although, I did see the last two episodes in a row. As much of an anti-reality show person I typically, I'm starting to turn into a fanatic -- watched all of Amazing Race (first time i tuned in), American Idol (same thing, first time), and parts of Survivor. This year I saw parts of Big Brother when I went to an uncle's birthday party. Apparently my WHOLE family watches it. They filled me in when Kaysar got voted out. I started watching an episode here and there.

What's wrong with me?! Aaargh! :) Ah, well...here's to a great season of Survivor, hopefully.

Jeremy517 09-22-05 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Agreed. I'd recognize him by name too, but I couldn't pick him out of a line-up 16 years removed from the League. The Danni thing is a complete setup.

You mean that a sports talk show host from a different city, who was 5 when he came into the NFL, wouldn't recognize him 16 years later? :confused:

nazz 09-23-05 12:33 AM

I'm having a blast watching the adventures of Judd. First he jumps off the boat into quicksand, then the face plant on the net and then to top it off Gary tackles him driving his face into the mud. It's kind of like a cartoon character. I can't wait until the anvil falls on his head.