Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

FX shows On Demand... Is there something we can do?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

FX shows On Demand... Is there something we can do?

Old 09-14-05, 05:52 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 3,208
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FX shows On Demand... Is there something we can do?

I mentioned, in the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia thread, that it would be a good idea if FX had their programing on the On Demand service.

The more I thought about it, the more I wondered if there was something we could do. Like a petition or something... Isn't that how the Widescreen Willy Wonka came about?

I figured with all the great shows they have (Shield, Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck, etc.) it would be well worth it... I know I probably would've missed, at least, half of the Entourage season without On Demand...

Anyway, any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Old 09-14-05, 06:01 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk God
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Directionally Challenged (for DirecTV)
Posts: 123,178
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Heck, for the quality programming they have, they could charge $1 or $2 per episode.
Old 09-14-05, 06:06 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 74,983
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd gladly pay for the ability to get shows like that.
Old 09-14-05, 07:53 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hero
 
PopcornTreeCt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,916
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well they replay their shows like 4 or 5 times during the week. I think I can handle waiting for the DVD set.
Old 09-14-05, 07:56 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Matthew Chmiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 13,263
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Well they replay their shows like 4 or 5 times during the week. I think I can handle waiting for the DVD set.
For those of us who just got into It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia recently from positive word of mouth (mostly from this website) would like to see the first few episodes of the series, especially since FX has no plans to air it anytime soon (and who knows if there will ever be a DVD set).
Old 09-14-05, 11:06 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Rypro 525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: a frikin hellhole
Posts: 28,263
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
For those of us who just got into It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia recently from positive word of mouth (mostly from this website) would like to see the first few episodes of the series, especially since FX has no plans to air it anytime soon (and who knows if there will ever be a DVD set).
i an not going on 100% but i do know that sometimes right before a season ends, they replay the all of the episodes leading up the finale the week before, but I don't know how far they are on this season as i don't watch this show, but this what they have done with nip/tuck and the sheild.
Old 09-14-05, 11:11 PM
  #7  
Moderator
 
Jadzia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,799
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
i an not going on 100% but i do know that sometimes right before a season ends, they replay the all of the episodes leading up the finale the week before, but I don't know how far they are on this season as i don't watch this show, but this what they have done with nip/tuck and the sheild.
The finale was this week, it was only a 6 episode run.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.