Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 6: "Summer of Secrets" (with Spoilers) Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-05, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Good question. I have always been waiting for a houseguest with peanut allergies to be on the show. Drama unfolds as the losing houseguest goes into anaphylactic shock.

I'm pretty sure that the question "are you allergic to peanuts, etc.?" is in very large bold print on the questionnaire.

They may even test them for allergic reaction by making them eat a couple of sandwiches, before they are sequestered!

Chris
Old 09-21-05, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
So what did everyone think of the season overall? How did you like it in comparison to past seasons?
Old 09-21-05, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by PacMan2006
So what did everyone think of the season overall? How did you like it in comparison to past seasons?
I'd rank it third overall after 2 and 3. I'd say it was a very good season but seasons 2 and 3 were great seasons. It started off slow but it had enough personalites to get past the stupid gimmicks. In the grand sceme of things it doesn't matter that I didn't like who won or even the final 2.
Old 09-21-05, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
I thought it was a pretty good season too. The personalities really helped the show, as well as the "luck" of having the opposing sides alternate wins throughout. I would think having any reality show split into two strong alliances until the end would be pretty boring, but it played out well.
Old 09-21-05, 03:05 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madara
Anyone notice a pan to Martin in the audience last night? I could of sworn it was him.

His name is Marvin and it was him with last years winner Drew and the gay guy Will all sitting next to each other in that shot.
Old 09-21-05, 03:08 PM

I've only seen Seasons 5 & 6.

Whereas, most of the people from Season 5 were pretty likable, this season there were a lot of very unlikable people. But it did make for pretty interesting viewing.

Chris
Old 09-21-05, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree with you, Timber. For me it goes season 2 is the best, followed by 3 and then 6. I thought this was a really good season. Would've liked to see Janelle in the final 2 and have Kayser last longer, but I thought it was good throughout. A good mix of people you like to watch, and people you want to really root against.
Old 09-22-05, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Maggie and Janelle were both on Regis & Kelly this morning. I thought that was funny, since I think originally it was only supposed to be the winner that was on, but the bookers must have leapt at the chance to get Janelle.

They interviewed Maggie and then introduced Janelle. They said "She may have come in third, but she was first to many fans."

I wonder if Ivette was watching.
Old 09-22-05, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hey guys...can you remind me who April voted for? I forgot already.
Old 09-22-05, 02:23 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
April voted for Maggie.
Old 09-22-05, 05:11 PM

Ivette's interview with fansofrealitytv.com:

Ending the season in the runner-up’s seat was Ivette Cordero, the outspoken 25-year-old waitress from Miami. Ivette’s journey in the house was filled with dramatic highs and lows, from her devastation at the Eric’s eviction early in the game, to butting heads with alliance member April, to her long-standing animosity with rival Janelle. She reaped the benefits of being in the dominating alliance, avoiding eviction by the perception that she wasn’t as strong a player as some of her fellow “friends.” However, in the final two HOH challenges, she proved she could compete and win when it counted, which put her in the most powerful position in the game, able to choose who she wanted to take to the finals. And yet, if she had let an enemy win that HOH, there was a good chance she would be finishing the game with ten times the money. Did she make the right decision? In this interview, Ivette discusses her final choice, and other tense moments in the house.

Congratulations on your win, it may be second place, but it’s still a win and a great achievement!
Thank you very much.

So, do you think you made a $450,000 mistake?
Apparently...well, what I now know, after speaking to my girlfriend and stuff, the people who I aligned myself with weren’t the friendliest, and weren’t the most supportive of me. So it’s sad to see that I was so loyal to them and they had nothing in return for me, except for Beau. It’s sad to me because I played for them, and I played all the way to the end for them. I believe that if I would have picked Janelle that she would have said that she came to me with a deal, and that I took it up, and everybody would have believed it and they would have voted for her. I don’t think Jennifer and April wanted to see me win, regardless. Everything that I hear that April has said about me, it’s not the nicest things.

I don’t know if she ever came clean with you, but as far as the week where you had a sense you were going to get evicted over Sarah, did you know that it actually started with April and Jen and not with Howie and Janelle? And that it was actually Rachel who told April she wasn’t going to change her vote?
Really? I hadn’t heard any of that. Wow. Yeah, you hear some nasty things now, you know. And all the time I had put myself out there for April so, it’s hard to hear things like that, you know? I defended her on a number of occasions. And you know, she’s 31 years old and she’s going to say that I manipulated her to say things? If you guys notice, I’m not the one who ever had conversations with Janelle, so how would I possibly know all those things about Janelle?

So, what about you and Rachel? It didn’t seem like you ever had a blowout with Rachel in the house - you complained about her behind her back, but on the surface you were civil...so why did you send her that goodbye message? There was no way she was going to vote for you after that.
I realize that now. (Laughs) I probably didn’t leave the best goodbye message but I also said I was never going to be a hypocrite for any kind of money or be nice to somebody for the money, and I did it. Maybe that was stupid of me, but that’s just the way I am, I’m as stubborn as they get. What happened to me with Rachel is that as soon as she became part of the Sovereign Six, she was still trying to come into our conversations and pretend that she still cared about our side. I started to feel very violated in the sense that, you’re coming into our group now, knowing us personally, and using it against us! I felt very violated, personally. So afterward, when Janelle got very nasty, she teamed up with Janelle. Maggie started to call her Ray-nelle, because she acted just like Janelle. Before, in the beginning, she would offer meals to everybody or she would help out - but after she was nominated she didn’t want to do anything, she became pretty much...horrible! And anytime her side didn’t win she acted like a sore loser.

Can you talk a little more about that, because if she was a sore loser, it didn’t come across that way. She didn’t complain about being nominated or losing the POV.
Her faces! Did everybody not see the faces, the smirks, the faces she would always make after something didn’t go her way? Always. Always. It was a horrible face anytime something did not go her way. When Beau nominated her, he said, before we didn’t know where you were at and we were okay with you playing grey, but then it became very apparent you were stark white or pitch black. And she was like, (sarcastic voice) “Oh really? Well which one was I? Oh really?” And she just became very sarcastic.

I’m not trying to defend Rachel, but I know personally I didn’t understand what Beau was saying - I didn’t understand the analogy.
I thought it was very clear. It was, you know, we would be in the hot tub and Howie would stretch out practically in the hot tub. Or we would be in the hammock and Howie would practically stretch out on the hammock. There wasn’t a place where we went where they wouldn’t stretch or talk two feet from us.

Yes, but what about when you were on the balcony spying on people, isn’t that the same thing?
Ah, they sent me out there. (Laughs) At that point, who cares? The house was so divided.

You are quite a talker - do you think your mouth got you in trouble during the game?
(Laughs)It’s never not got me in trouble but at the same time it hasn’t got me in that much trouble in my life so that’s okay, it balances itself out.

Early on, you referred to Kaysar in racist terms (behind his back, of course, not to his face). You also said he was Muslim one day and not a Muslim the next. Do you regret any of these statements?
I’m a very opinionated person and sometimes I’m too harsh for people. My girlfriend personally doesn’t like it sometimes, she says I open my mouth when I don’t need to. I refer to anybody who came to somebody with a cheap offer to put yourself up for a team, I refer to anybody making that offer as tying a bomb to themselves.

What about what you called him the same evening that the big fight between Michael and Eric happened?
Oh, right, but Howie and I both were calling him [edited]. Howie called him a [edited] all the time, but I get the crap for it. Nobody remembers when he called me a ghetto Cuban. Nobody remembers when they called me all kinds of thing.

Didn’t you call yourself ghetto?
I didn’t call myself ghetto. It’s one thing to call something you put together out of nothing ghetto, then to call yourself ghetto. If I made pudding out of things no one ever thought pudding could be made out of, I called it “ghetto pudding,” because what else could you call it? It just was a funnier name than “made-up pudding” or “scrap pudding.” It was just funny to call it “ghetto pudding.” It was funny to call it the “ghetto slide” instead of the “slip and slide.”

I thought it was interesting that one night you had a long conversation with Kaysar about religion, and I commend you both for getting it out there and talking about it instead of letting things rankle, but I did wonder why you said that because he was religious he didn’t belong in the game.
Because he said all these things that the Muslim religion does not allow him to do, and yet, he’s in a game that breaks all of these rules. As well, he went to the highest person in the Muslim religion at the mosque and he had a session with the person there. But he didn’t exactly tell him what the show is about. So, that told me that he knows the show is wrong and doesn’t belong with his religion, and that’s why he couldn’t say exactly what the show is about because they probably wouldn’t have given him the blessing to go on the show. So to me, it was like, are you or are you not? Do you believe or do you not? You don’t just bend the rules for this game!

Did you think Maggie threw the endurance competition?
I don’t think she threw the endurance competition at all. I don’t think she threw it because the next day she could barely walk, and I was running around the house. After five days, Maggie still could barely walk. I was massaging her calves every night up until two nights ago.

But I mean, do you think she stepped off on purpose?
No, my mother and my girlfriend have made it very clear to me that she slipped - she fell off.

But did she lead you to believe that she had thrown it, though?
Yeah, she did. She kinda did lead me to believe that, but she said that she didn’t. I’ve got a big heart, although people don’t want to see it, I’ve got a really big heart. And I am very unselfish, so it’s very easy for me sometimes to bite the bait and be a sucker for people.

It did seem like you got manipulated in the game. There were some other moments too, not just this last manipulation by Maggie. Like when James came to you early on said something about Janelle not liking you - that changed the game right there.
Yeah, well it’s the second or third night and you hear that somebody wants to get you out, you’ve got to get on the defensive. That’s why I was able to understand when James went to the other side. If there’s anything, I’ve said it a number of times, it’s that I feel that I was blessed with the ability to step in other people’s shoes. That’s why I’m able to say I’m sorry to people, that’s why when I know I’m wrong I’m able to say I am. I can relate to why people do things. I was able to relate to why Janelle is the way she is, and that’s because Janelle is too big for her town. Too big, too beautiful for her town, so she just learned to always be on the defensive. I can honestly step into other people’s shoes.

I can always take blame for my actions, and there’s a lot of people in that house that have to blame everything they do on somebody else. I’m a big girl. I can say that I wanted Kaysar out. I said, Kaysar needs to go on Week One because he’s going to come back and bite us in the butt. And what did he do? He put a whole spin on the game.

April was one that constantly talked and always went back on what she said. Jennifer and April want to blame the whole Kaysar thing on me. You know, last time I checked, we were all adults here, we all have degrees here, we all have jobs, we are all individuals, and if we don’t like something, we don’t do it! That’s it! It’s my HOH, I do what I want to do.

I wanted to talk to you about Eric, because you only knew him for a short time. Can you explain your connection to him?
I honestly connected with Eric because he reminded me a bit of my brother. Maybe because of his age, and just the way he was sometimes, he did remind me of my brother. Now, I’m not hearing the best of things about Eric so I’m a little disappointed, but that just goes to show you how much heart and how much passion I have for people.

What was your favorite moment in the house?
My favorite moment in the house had to be beating Janelle! I mean, nobody could do it, and that was my greatest victory. She was an amazing player, and she gave me a run for my money. Literally!

Was she such a good player, or was it more of a mental image you had of her as unbeatable?
I think it’s a lot of mental image, but the girl knows the game. She truly knows the game. She went in there the best way possible. No attachments - or barely caring about the attachment that she had - not making any friends, I don’t think she shed a tear once. You know?

You don’t think she made any friends?
No, I said I don’t think she went in with any attachments.

I never quite understood the relationship you have with Beau. To the house, you said you didn’t know each other at all, that Big Brother matched you up as two strangers with similar backgrounds. Was that the truth?
No. I’ve known Beau for a year, but we weren’t that close. We definitely got close in the house. But Beau and I had such an instant connection, even knowing that we were going to come into the house together just bonded us even more. We didn’t need to constantly reassure each other of our partnership. We just knew it. I would have protected Beau to the end.

April and Jennifer were the only other pair to say they didn’t know each other; did you believe them?
April and Jen are two peas in a pod. That’s all I gotta say. I have heard the nastiest things from them. I would have been better off partnering with Janelle than with Jennifer and April.

Wow. I'm surprised to hear you say that.
I know, isn’t that sad? It says a lot right there.

Do you have anything else you want the viewers to know?
I want to apologize to anyone I offended. If I offended anybody, that was not my intention. It’s very difficult to even remotely imagine what it feels like to be in that house. It’s very easy to criticize someone or base their opinion on something they see, but they don’t sometimes understand what brings it out in people. But again, I want to apologize if offended anybody, and I hope that everybody was able to at least appreciate that I was able to make it to the final two by being truthful and not breaking any promises and just being true to myself.

Thank you for your time, Ivette, and congratulations on finishing second place!

Thanks to Ivette for answering difficult questions with the directness she is known for; it can’t be fun to face tough questions about yourself and she never flinched. Thanks, Ivette! Also, many thanks to CBS who kept us in contact with the houseguests through sequestrations (secret or otherwise). We appreciate it greatly!
Old 09-22-05, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Yeah, Rachel making faces makes her a sore loser. That's much worse than going and crying and bawling and swearing, complaining that things are unfair. And they form an alliance from the beginning, but that's ok... when Rachel forms her own alliance, that's not? and don't get me started on the whole Kaysar thing...

Ugh. Oh, and now she wants to distance herself from "the Friendship" because they were the horrible people? Please.
Old 09-22-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe Rachel had gas.
Old 09-22-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What is the big deal about the crying to these people? Crying in the game is a sign of weakness if you aske me. Not some big gesture about how much you care about the people in the game.
Old 09-22-05, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You have to chuckle at this stuff:

http://www.insidepulse.com/article.php?contentid=42840

after the fact because the Big Brother production team has problems wording questions correctly and coming up with the right answer as well.
Old 09-22-05, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman

after the fact because the Big Brother production team has problems wording questions correctly and coming up with the right answer as well.

I dont' think that's correct. Janelle's answer was 1900 (or maybe it was 1800) and Ivette's was 1875 (or 1775)

Last edited by Timber; 09-22-05 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-23-05, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't buy it either. Anyway, time to say goodbye to BB6, and hello to the potential trainwreck of AR8.
Old 09-23-05, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman

No, at the beginning of that show Julie announced it was day 76 in the BB house. That means they had been there for approximately 75 days (since they count the first day as day one instead of day zero). 75x24=1800, give or take depending on the exact time they entered. IIRC the correct answer was 1797 which seems reasonable. In any event, Ivette was closer.

That post is messed up in a number of ways.
Old 09-23-05, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
"I want to apologize to anyone I offended. If I offended anybody, that was not my intention." - Ivette

Ya, i'm sure you weren't trying to offend anyone when you told america to f#$@ off.
Old 09-24-05, 02:34 PM

hahaa so glad that ivette lost

and she's an idiot thinking janelle didnt make any friends in the house.. looked like janelle, kaysar, and howie got along VERY well.. janelle and kaysar always had long talks before he was evicted and she even says shes learned so much from him.. and janie and howie were just great together
Old 11-30-05, 02:13 PM

Not a shock, but it's official.

MESSAGE FROM JANELLE

Hello everyone.
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I have been really busy. ( I am getting my real estate liscence) Well, I had a really fun Thanksgiving with Ashlea! I love hanging out with her! I miss her! I never get to see her because she's either working or at school. But the week of my birthday (January 10th) we are going on a three day Bahamas cruise. We are both super excited. I want to get her the Janie robe for christmas. She hasd been wanting one for a really long time.
I do have some bad news though. Michael and I decided to break up. A long distance realiationship is really difficult. I sucks that we broke up though. However, we are going to remain good friends. He was a really good boyfriend, but I think I need to be single for awhile. I honestley haven't been single for about four/five years! That's a long time.

I hung out with Beau last night at Tantra ( a lounge in Miami Beach) He was so fun last night. We had a really good time. His birthday is coming up, and I am invited to his birthday party in New York, but I'm not sure if I am going to attend it or not.
I will be going home to Minnesota for Christmas! I am so happy that I decided to go home this year! I miss Minnesota and snow so much that I watched Fargo tonight! That is a great movie. Whenever I watch it, I always feel a little closer to home.
Well, that is all for now. xoxoxoxo Bye Bye!!!!! xoxoox Janie
Old 11-30-05, 02:15 PM

Also, if you guys want to check out some classic moments of the live feeds from this year go to James's forum at: http://www.jamesbb6.com/phpBB2/index.php under his video section.
Old 11-30-05, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by xx2000xx
Not a shock, but it's official.

MESSAGE FROM JANELLE

I do have some bad news though. Michael and I decided to break up. A long distance realiationship is really difficult. I sucks that we broke up though. However, we are going to remain good friends. He was a really good boyfriend, but I think I need to be single for awhile. I honestley haven't been single for about four/five years! That's a long time.
First Michael and Lisa Marie, and now this.

What chance do the rest of us have?