Reload this Page >

Big Brother 6: "Summer of Secrets" (with Spoilers) Part 2

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 6: "Summer of Secrets" (with Spoilers) Part 2

Old 09-15-05, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
Spoiler:
Janelle needs to convince Ivette that Maggie would beat either one of them if Maggie was in the final two. Janelle would then need to convince Ivette that if Ivette tanks the final HOH, Janelle would bring Ivette to the final 2. Or a more riskier move is for Janelle would promise to tank the HOH if Ivette promised to take her to final 2. Then, Janelle would need to convince her group (i.e. James) to vote for her and peel off one or two of friendship (i.e. April or possibly Maggie) by mentioning the deal. I don't know if that may sway any votes but if Ivette burns too many bridges or says something offensive, Janelle has a small chance. With Maggie, she has no chance. Either way, it's good to read that Janelle has gotten this far

Edit to add: not sure why the other thread was closed since BB6 is almost over
Old 09-15-05, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something I noticed about the last veto competition-- it didn't seem fair that April was not allowed to compete. I think when there are just 4 left they should let them all compete. Knowing that if either Ivette or Maggie won the veto they would likely remove themself, it seems like it would be fair to allow the non-nominated person to also compete so that they can protect themself from going up on the block. It seems like that person also has a vested interest in the power of veto.

Not that I care about April or anything, it just seemed like an unfair flaw in the rules.
Old 09-15-05, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Something I noticed about the last veto competition-- it didn't seem fair that April was not allowed to compete. I think when there are just 4 left they should let them all compete. Knowing that if either Ivette or Maggie won the veto they would likely remove themself, it seems like it would be fair to allow the non-nominated person to also compete so that they can protect themself from going up on the block. It seems like that person also has a vested interest in the power of veto.

Not that I care about April or anything, it just seemed like an unfair flaw in the rules.
It does seem unfair.

Also it seems silly to have such a brutal round 1 for HOH. The only real advantage to winning was
Spoiler:
the vespa scooters
but that's not a whole lot considering how much was asked of these girls in that competition and how the HOH is a far more important issue at this stage of the game. I'm amazed that all 3 of them last so long and so was BB.

But even you win that far more difficult challenge, you only get to advance to round 3. You get no advantage in round 3. So the winner of HOH, no matter who that person is, has to win 2 times. I mean you could argue that you get to skip one round and be safe, but you still have no real advantage from the person you've already defeated once.

And rounds 2 and 3 are never as difficult as round 1.
Old 09-15-05, 09:13 PM

Jadzia, is your post a joke, implying that April sucks at competitions? If not, she did compete in the last veto. She sucked at it, but she was allowed to compete.
Old 09-15-05, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TwineTime
Jadzia, is your post a joke, implying that April sucks at competitions? If not, she did compete in the last veto. She sucked at it, but she was allowed to compete.
Did she compete? I don't remember seeing her and I thought she was the one who emcee'd it.
Old 09-15-05, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Did she compete? I don't remember seeing her and I thought she was the one who emcee'd it.
I thought women had good powers of observation.

Janelle emceed the introduction, then took part. All four competed. April sucked badly, never getting more than two out of, I think it was nine, right at a time. Janelle at one point had eight. Maggie got up to six at her best.
Old 09-15-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by movielib
I thought women had good powers of observation.

Janelle emceed the introduction, then took part. All four competed. April sucked badly, never getting more than two out of, I think it was nine, right at a time. Janelle at one point had eight. Maggie got up to six at her best.
Oops.

I guess I am on DVD Talk too much while I watch this show.
Old 09-16-05, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Spoiler:
Yesterday, Janelle and Ivette had a long talk. Janelle told Ivette that she would absolutely take her over Maggie to the final two, that she deserved to win more than Maggie because she played the game better and that Janelle knows she can't beat either and says Ivette can't beat Maggie. Ivette pretty much agrees with the assessment but isn't totally sure she'd beat Janelle.

But Ivette does not know if she can not choose her friend Maggie. Janelle says if Ivette lets her win she will go to the final two and is guaranteed the win and Ivette will not have to make the choice. Janelle is doing everything right but the question is does Ivette trust her. She should as Janelle will take her although not for the reasons she gave.

Later, ivette tells Maggie that Janelle said she'd choose Ivette over Maggie. But Ivette does not tell Maggie about the offer for Ivette to take a dive.

(Ivette and Janelle have been playing chess (Janelle always wins) and the two seem to have improved their relationship. Ivette seems to now actually think that Janelle is a nice person.)

If Janelle pulls this off and gets to the final two she is the winner of this game even if she finishes second. In fact, she is already the winner of this game as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by movielib; 09-16-05 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-16-05, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sweetness!
Old 09-16-05, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Patman
Sweetness!
A lot of the BB6 faithful think the deal is already cemented, but I just don't buy it, myself.

Spoiler:
Ivette is extremely competitive and hates to lose, she is completely brainwashed by Maggie and even if she throws the HOH she will have to live with being the one responsible for sending home her "dear friend" Maggie, not to mention what her beloved Cappy would think of such a deal, which is sure to come out to the jury, possibly losing Ivette more than 1 more vote.
Old 09-16-05, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The final winner of HOH is:

Spoiler:
****Ivette****
Old 09-16-05, 07:44 PM

Well that sucks.
I didn't like how the tiebreaker questions were simple math though. Good thing these people are stupid I guess.
Old 09-16-05, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
I'm not basing this on the winner, but Round 3 was retarded like most challenges on this show.
Old 09-16-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by B.A.
I'm not basing this on the winner, but Round 3 was retarded like most challenges on this show.
Agreed.
Old 09-16-05, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
yep, Ivette is as dumb as we all thought.
Old 09-16-05, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So disappointed that they chose to have the most important HOH rest on some really silly question event and end up with a chalkboard deciding the winner.

No matter who won, it should have been something better than that to decide it.

I hope no one watches the finale.
Old 09-16-05, 08:01 PM

I won't be watching the finale....lame lame lame
Old 09-16-05, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Why was round 3 retarded? I wanted Janelle to win, too...are you saying it was dumb because they asked jury members questions from OUTSIDE the house rather than what may have been said inside? If so, then I agree.
Old 09-16-05, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by B.A.
yep, Ivette is as dumb as we all thought.
but she made a friend.

after all is said and done, howie alligning with maggie completely changed the game and who was around to win it at the end.
Old 09-16-05, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by PacMan2006
Why was round 3 retarded? I wanted Janelle to win, too...are you saying it was dumb because they asked jury members questions from OUTSIDE the house rather than what may have been said inside? If so, then I agree.

I think it sucked because it came down to the damn chalk board again. We've seen that enough this season. I would have been happier with the endurance being the final HOH, or even the lock being the final HOH. Anything but Julie asking questions for the 10th or so time this season.
Old 09-16-05, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Timber
I think it sucked because it came down to the damn chalk board again. We've seen that enough this season. I would have been happier with the endurance being the final HOH, or even the lock being the final HOH. Anything but Julie asking questions for the 10th or so time this season.
This season has to break BB records for use of chalkboards during a season.

Again, I know this is a "minor league" reality show, but compared to what I saw last night with Survivor, the producers should be embarrassed with the kinds of things they came up with for HOH this season.

Something like the lock thing should have been the final HOH. You might as well have had them play rock, paper, scissors 6 times than asking them those ridiculous questions. And it still would have come down to the chalkboard. How they both came up with 66, I'll never know.

I really expected to see 1800 as Janie's answer.

Maggie deserves to win for controlling so many people for so long and still making it to the final 2 against someone who would have been much better off making a different choice.

There is no way that I will be able to stomach an all Cappy final. Someone here should have one of those drinking games for how many times he gets mentioned to the jury.

At least I have Lost and Veronica Mars to look forward to next week.

Maybe Steph will win Survivor.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 09-16-05 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-16-05, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Great, a BB4-like final, here we come!
Old 09-16-05, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
So how does everyone think the votes will break down?
Old 09-16-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dr_Evil
So how does everyone think the votes will break down?
depends on whether or not they're allowed to abstain.
Old 09-16-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
Maggie get:
Ape
Jen
Rachel

Ivette gets:
James
Beau

Swing Votes:
Howie
Janelle

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.