DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   It Takes a Thief returns (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/437788-takes-thief-returns.html)

MEJHarrison 09-13-05 11:33 AM

It Takes a Thief returns

This one snuck up on me, but Discovery is showing a new episode every day this week and next week. They visited a frat house yesterday. It was high on the laughs, but ultimately not quite as satisfying as a normal home break in.

Bandoman 09-13-05 01:46 PM

You're not talking about the old Robert Wagner TV show, are you?

MEJHarrison 09-13-05 02:17 PM

No, I'm talking about It Takes a Thief on the Discovery Channel. It's a reality show. Two former thieves break into someone's house, rob them blind, then give them a security upgrade (after returning the loot of course). Not a great show, but mildly entertaining.

Tracer Bullet 09-13-05 03:13 PM

Is this a new season or just the remainder from the first? Considering this show was on for about 5 minutes, then disappared for six months, this seems odd.

MEJHarrison 09-13-05 04:29 PM

I don't have a clue if this is a new season, if they're finishing last season or if it's been canceled and they're just airing the remaining episodes.

U6C84 09-19-05 08:21 PM

just watched this show for the first time today....and wow they break in with such ease.

MEJHarrison 09-20-05 01:17 PM

There was a fun one last week (I think, they're all Tivoed). Jon, the thief, was leaving in the home owner's SUV and the police caught him at the end of the driveway. "I can explain, I'm filming a TV show" While his partner and the home owner sit in a van 15 feet away watching on hidden cameras. rotfl

Tracer Bullet 09-20-05 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
There was a fun one last week (I think, they're all Tivoed). Jon, the thief, was leaving in the home owner's SUV and the police caught him at the end of the driveway. "I can explain, I'm filming a TV show" While his partner and the home owner sit in a van 15 feet away watching on hidden cameras. rotfl

That was great- I knew at some point Jon would encounter the police. The officer didn't appear too thorough, though. He didn't check the homeowners' identification.

What a great way to rob a house- just have three accomplices wait in a van with a video camera in case the police show up, then have them pretend it's being done for a TV show.

MEJHarrison 09-20-05 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by TracerBullet
That was great- I knew at some point Jon would encounter the police. The officer didn't appear too thorough, though. He didn't check the homeowners' identification.

They did say that they had informed the police that they would be filming in the area. I'm assuming someone at the police station saw what address the officers were responding to and told the officers it was ok.

I was sure he'd get back in that house. I was impressed that he didn't. That made me even more surprised to see they hadn't touched their new safe. If someone installed a safe in my house, I'd take two minutes and load it up. How lazy!