Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Biggest Loser (season two) Premiere

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-13-05, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone gonna be watching this? I really loved it last season, and I'm hoping to get as addicted to it this year as last! I believe that this time around, it's guys versus girls. I believe Bob and Jillian are back, and if the battle of the sexes is true, then I believe we know who will be the trainer for each team.

It's on NBC tonight at 7pm central. I believe it's an hour and a half premiere!

I'm excited!
Old 09-13-05, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'll be watching (casually). My wife loved the first season, so I'm sure I'll catch some episodes here and there. The first season wasn't actually too bad, I found myself walking by the TV and sitting down to watch entire episodes without even knowing what I was doing.
Old 09-13-05, 12:50 PM

I'll watch. I can't believe they are doing the lame "men vs. women" angle. Gee, in a weight loss contest, who do you think will win? Any woman who has ever gone on a diet with her husband, busted her ass to lose a pound or two, while hubby loses 20 pounds with no problems knows how unfair that is. Our bodies are just naturally inclined to hold onto fat more than men, in order to bear and nurse children.
Old 09-13-05, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I can't wait for this, I enjoyed last season, and in the meantime celebrity fit-club.
Old 09-13-05, 05:54 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

I enjoyed this last season, but I hated the "filler" in some of the episodes (especially the 90 minute ones in the middle of the season). It also has my least favorite reality show trend - a recap of what just happened after every commerical break. It just happened three minutes ago! And even less if you're zapping commericals! That aside, it's an enjoyable show and it's fun to root on the contestants.
Old 09-13-05, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I'll watch. I can't believe they are doing the lame "men vs. women" angle. Gee, in a weight loss contest, who do you think will win? Any woman who has ever gone on a diet with her husband, busted her ass to lose a pound or two, while hubby loses 20 pounds with no problems knows how unfair that is. Our bodies are just naturally inclined to hold onto fat more than men, in order to bear and nurse children.

Most of the women are 80 lbs overweight. Most of the guys are 150 lbs overweight. It evens out.
Old 09-13-05, 09:35 PM

They're also doing it on percent lost...so that makes it fair.

I thought it was a great first episode! The weight loss was incredible, but soon enough they will plateau.

I actually find myself rooting for the women's team, which is coincidental since last year I rooted for the blue team as well. I have always liked Bob the trainer better than Jillian, and the women all seemed to have more personality than some of the men. Some of the guys are cool, but when they started to go apeshit once they lost and blamed that one guy..it was kind of annoying. Even though he didn't give 100%, just vote him off. No sense in making a big deal about it.
Old 09-14-05, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JacksModernLife
Even though he didn't give 100%, just vote him off. No sense in making a big deal about it.
Then it just wouldn't be dramatic!
Old 09-14-05, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not interested in watching, but I still get a chuckle every time I hear the show's title advertised.

I skimmed through some of a celebrity fit club or other on VH1 when they had a marathon recently. How does this show compare to that?
Old 09-14-05, 01:36 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

I like the women except the chocolate licking, 'afraid of the airplane' girl. One episode in and she's already on my nerves.

So far I'm rooting for the ex-wrestler.
Old 09-14-05, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
So far I'm rooting for the ex-wrestler.
Hell yeah! Reprezentin' Marion, IA!

Old 09-14-05, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Never seen this show before but the 400-lb. black guy is from my hometown: Ypsilanti, MI. Go 400-lb. black guy!!!
Old 09-20-05, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I actually caught this because I kind of know one of the guys, or at least have meet him. Ruben the guy that got kicked off is the fiance of one of my best friend's cousin. She and my cousin got married in May and Ruben and his fiance (who they showed at the end of the episode) was there. He was quite the wild one. Rather interesting really.

I didn't think he was that overweight. Especially considering the others there. He didn't look that different on the show as he did at the Wedding.
Old 09-20-05, 02:17 PM

I think Suzy, the blond girl with the funky eyeglasses is really pretty. She reminds me of Belinda Carlisle from the Go-Go's during her "chunky" phase. I bet she will be a knock-out once she loses a bit of weight.
Old 09-20-05, 02:21 PM

Yeah, I think a lot of them will look great once they lose weight. Of course you can still be heavier and be attractive, but when you are obese...you just aren't at your full potential. I hope that did't come off as rude, cuz it wasn't meant to be.

I hate how they vote people off. Reality shows NEED to stop doing that! Stupid survivor!!!!!!! Anyways, it's nice that they have a follow up, so at least you know if the person was able to lose some more weight or not!