DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Rescue Me **Season Two Finale** - 09/13/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/437752-rescue-me-%2A%2Aseason-two-finale%2A%2A-09-13-05-a.html)

B.A. 09-13-05 07:30 AM

Rescue Me **Season Two Finale** - 09/13/05

"Justice"

Spoiler:
Tommy starts looking for revenge over his son's death; Sean questions his religious beliefs; Jerry makes a heart wrenching decision about his wife's future; the crew faces a startling announcement.

Cast: Dennis Leary, James McCaffrey, Andrea Roth, Michael Lombardi , Jack McGee, Steven Pasquale, Daniel Sunjata, John Scurti.
Director(s): John Fortenberry, Jace Alexander, Adam Bernstein.
Producer(s): Peter Tolan, Jim Serpico, Kerry Orent.

Original Airdate: September 13, 2005.

Rescue Me

Chew 09-13-05 07:43 AM

It's over already? :(

Joeboo835 09-13-05 08:15 AM

I say this every week. Why is my favorite show only on 13 times a year? Just sucks

dadaluholla 09-13-05 08:16 AM

Wow. Tonight is going to be rough.

I have to say that from my blind buy of the 1st season on dvd earlier this summer and the second season on FX, it has been my favorite show for the entire year. I can't believe its going to be next year before we get a new season. At least we'll have Nip/Tuck and The Shield inbetween there.

Geofferson 09-13-05 09:14 AM

Yup, tonight promises to be difficult to watch.

MrX 09-13-05 01:38 PM

Finally! I've been ready for this since last weeks episode ended.

movieking 09-13-05 05:10 PM

Tommy had a good look at the drunk guy and the license plate from last week so here's hoping he makes him pay.

I'll miss seeing Andrea Roth for a while :(

the aftermath 09-13-05 09:08 PM

Rescue Me Season Finale

This ep is gonna be brutal :(

invisiblegt 09-13-05 09:11 PM

Glad to see Tommy sticking to his guns and passing on the drink...

(Oh, damn... F-Bomb and that bullshit is back. Jersey my ass.)

mikehunt 09-13-05 09:56 PM

she scammed other people too
:lol:

Ranger 09-13-05 10:01 PM

Whoa, what happened there? Teddy started to pull out the gun and someone (possibly a security guard) tackled him from behind???

worrywort 09-13-05 10:04 PM

Talk about heightened colors in that opening scene

B.A. 09-13-05 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by mikehunt
she scammed other people too
:lol:

Of course she did.

Damnit, now we have to wait months on end to find out who was shot...

The confrontation between Tommy and Mickey was well done.

Greg Dulli track during the closing minutes. :up:

dadaluholla 09-13-05 10:07 PM

Wow. Great finale.

Its been a hell of a ride. Thank you, Rescue Me.
See you in 2006.

vaporware 09-13-05 10:08 PM

Anybody that tivoed it had better have had the recording padded by about 5 minutes or you will not see the end!!!

If you didn't pad the recording better set it to record the later showing.

MrX 09-13-05 10:23 PM

Jeannie finally remembering Jerry's name was the saddest part of the episode.

The thing with Kenny has been telegraphed since she brought up the money so that wasn't much of a surprise.

uteotw 09-13-05 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by waporvare
Anybody that tivoed it had better have had the recording padded by about 5 minutes or you will not see the end!!!

!(@&#(*!&#(*!#@ I had mine set to record 2 minutes later and I STILL had the end cut off. Shows must retool in the world of Tivo or at least give some warning! (Recording later ep. repeat now.)

Superb episode, e.g. the short but brilliant scene of Tommy smashing his head into the mirror and cutting his wrists showing exactly how he was feeling. Genius.

The Kenny thing was way too predictable to be built up that much. Guess I was expecting a twist or at least more of his reaction. Poor Kenny and his "second chance."

GREAT SHOW that should go on for years and years to come...

IDrinkMolson 09-13-05 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by waporvare

Count me as one of them. We started watching about 1/2 hour behind then it cut off at the end! I'm re-recording the 12:00 a.m. one now... :mad:

Gil Jawetz 09-13-05 11:24 PM

Same here. It was really dramatic and then... :Would you like to save? delete?" Fucking hell. Now I gotta wait and watch the last 30 seconds later. I hate that sooooo much.

invisiblegt 09-13-05 11:44 PM

I was recording "It's Always Sunny..." right after, so I was alright. But damn.

One of the best shows on TV right now, gone until '06...

xVladx 09-14-05 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ranger
Whoa, what happened there? Teddy started to pull out the gun and someone (possibly a security guard) tackled him from behind???

I just rewatched it, and he got the shot off before anybody touched him. So unless he's a horrible shot, or was further away than we were lead to believe, he hit the intended guy.

Of course, we don't know where the guy got hit, so it's possible that he lives anyway.

PopcornTreeCt 09-14-05 12:18 AM

I didn't think this was a good episode. Especially for a season finale. Tommy's wife blaming him for their son seems out of character. The Kenny thing was kinda funny. The scene at the end with Jesus in the car was pretty good. Ehh, could have been better.

badger1997 09-14-05 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I didn't think this was a good episode. Especially for a season finale. Tommy's wife blaming him for their son seems out of character. The Kenny thing was kinda funny. The scene at the end with Jesus in the car was pretty good. Ehh, could have been better.

I actually thought it was totally in character for Tommy's wife. But even if it wasn't, what do you expect? She's grieving and possibly even still in shock. People tend to act irrationally in times of great stress.

This season was a bit of a let down for me after last season. I thought the first season was absolutely perfect and while this one was still enjoyable, it wasn't quite as good. Perhaps if the last couple episodes had gone in a different direction I might have felt differently, but a bunch of the storylines (particulary as noted by others the Kenny/hooker one) just fell flat for me.

Still, here's looking forward to next season.

MrX 09-14-05 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by badger1997
I actually thought it was totally in character for Tommy's wife.

I agree. She ended last year by running away with the kids and not telling him. The only reason their relationship improved was becasue of the medication she was taking.

spainlinx0 09-14-05 04:17 AM

I don't think there will be some reveal that Teddy missed from the reaction on his face. There was no "oh my God, he got the wrong person" reaction. I can't believe the season is actually over. It completely flew by, and I really want to see what happens now. Well, I guess that's the job of a season finale.