Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race Season 5 on GSN discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-05, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Amazing Race Season 5 on GSN discussion thread

Is anyone else besides me watching this? No one has started a thread yet, so here goes.

This will be the last "new" season for me to watch, since I started watching TAR with Season 6.

It was interesting seeing Alison from BB4, but they went out early. All due to Donny's bone-headed decision to take the bus. Alison is a bitch, but she is a smart bitch, so I did kind of like her.

Charla the little person is fun to watch. I sometimes find myself running her scenes back since they can be comical. I don't know why her and her cousin are so obsessed with alliances. This isn't Survivor.

They actually showed a non-repeat tonight, which they haven't done the past few Saturdays.

Did anyone think the little person at the chocolate factory was checking out Charla?

Last edited by Jadzia; 09-03-05 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-04-05, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I watched two episodes....and I personally hate all of the contestants. Season 4 was great!
Old 09-05-05, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you hate the contestants on season 5, wait till you get to season 6 where they are all spoiled models or actors. Season 7 with Rob and Amber was great!
Old 09-05-05, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bcolon
If you hate the contestants on season 5, wait till you get to season 6 where they are all spoiled models or actors. Season 7 with Rob and Amber was great!
I agree, TAR6 was the WORST race. I couldn't tell half the teams apart. It was so boring.

I've stopped watching the reruns on GSN now that the regular season is starting back up again...... only TAR1, TAR2, and the first half of TAR3 were new to me......I just watched the rest of TAR3 and TAR4 because I really liked those races and there was nothing else on.....

with TAR8 starting in 3 weeks, I have stopped watching these reruns.
Old 09-06-05, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"Bitch!" Getting the Charla/Mirna camera angle with the SUV passing by and Mirna's reaction was perfect!

Mirna and her Phil obsession.
Old 09-06-05, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Come on, Season 6 has two of the best contestants ever: Kris and John. They just seemed like good people. Plus, in Season Six you get to have the fun of watching Johnathon scream at anyone and everyone.

Season 5, however, is pretty boring to me. I guess that Charla/Mirna are pretty funny at times, but I also get annoyed with them. Then Kami and Karli are attractive but they lose pretty early on. Eh, this season was just so so.
Old 09-06-05, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Alyoshka
Come on, Season 6 has two of the best contestants ever: Kris and John. They just seemed like good people.
Sure they seemed ok, but mainly because all the other teams were so unlikeable. Kris and Jon were very boring......I don't recall anything interesting about them as a team (other than their skill for picking horrible taxis and always getting lost)... either they didn't get a lot of screen time, or the screen time they did get was so forgettable I don't remember much of it.
Old 09-06-05, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Season 5 (so far) is frustrating because theres not a peron on this forum that couldnt sweep this entire race...wtf were the producers thinking? These teams SUCK ASS!
Old 09-06-05, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
"Bitch!" Getting the Charla/Mirna camera angle with the SUV passing by and Mirna's reaction was perfect!
Still my favorite TAR moment ever.
Old 09-06-05, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Achtung
Still my favorite TAR moment ever.
my favorite quote happened in this season:
Spoiler:
Colin getting frustrated when he couldn't do a roadblock fast enough and saying "my ox is broken!"
Old 09-06-05, 11:02 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
I liked Charla and Mirna when they had to carry that hunk of meat. Priceless.
Old 09-06-05, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Alyoshka
Then Kami and Karli are attractive but they lose pretty early on.
Thanks for the spoiler. I really thought they were going to win it all.

Actually, I have already been spoiled by the winner for this season, thanks to the announcer on "Battle of the Network Reality Stars.". So this season will seem anti-climatic to me. I am already enjoying it better than Season 4 though. I was getting bored during that one.

I started watching with Season 6 and I liked that one. I have been obsessed with going to Iceland ever since I saw that show. Great scenery.
Old 09-06-05, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
My favorite moment, besides "BITCH!" was in the opening interviews when Colin, with a straight (and dead serious!) face looks into the camera and dramatically states..."I might be the most intense person to ever be in this race"

Me and the wife were buckled over in laughter for minutes afterwards...what a fucking retarted comment.

Since then, every time Colin does anything he gets an intensity comment.

I believe at one point they had a detour and one choice involved horses...I tell the wife "He shouldnt pick that one, his intensity might spook the horses" Merriment ensues.
Old 09-08-05, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A few things that occured to me with this last episode:

I bet this has to be the season they finally decided to add the "no team member can do more than 6 Road Blocks over the course of the race" rule. Kim and Mirna have been rather useless for each of their teams.

Only 2 FF for the entire race? One FF per leg is far too much, but 2 is way too few.

The twins are excellent examples of the "stereotypical blonde".
Old 09-08-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The twins look like Reese Witherspoon.

I thought it was funny how Brandon the Blue Lagoon guy wouldn't take a drink of lcohol due to his religio, but apparently has no problem with outright lying to other teams. Quel hypocrite.

I thought it was funny how those chicks were carrying on eating caviar. That one girl was taking these tiny little bites-- no wonder she was so disgusted, it was like she was savoring every bite. I loved how Chip showed up and just wolfed it down in big bites. The look on that girl's face was hilarious as she watched him scarf it down.

Why did the guys make the girls do that task to begin with? I would think Brandon's teammate would not have much practice in swallowing gross substances-- unless he was a hypocrite in that area as well.
Old 09-08-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Why did the guys make the girls do that task to begin with? I would think Brandon's teammate would not have much practice in swallowing gross substances-- unless he was a hypocrite in that area as well.
You dont know what the Roadblock task is UNTIL you choose what team member is going.

I believe the only clue they had was "Who has a taste for the high life" before they had to choose.
Old 09-08-05, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
You dont know what the Roadblock task is UNTIL you choose what team member is going.

I believe the only clue they had was "Who has a taste for the high life" before they had to choose.
That's right. But I figured they knew it was an eating task. I remember Colin saying somethng about his stomach before they decided to have Christie do the roadblock.

I also thought it was funny that the guys all did the chocolate task, when women are the ones who love chocolate so much. They were already at a chocolate factory for that one.

Last edited by Jadzia; 09-08-05 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-09-05, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I always get a good when I listen to Mirna and her "I feel like I'm back in Junior High" rants.

Are there any original Battlestar Galactica fans watching this season? Geeky question time: The first temple they went to (the one with the huge pillars) looks to me like the same place they filmed Adama and Apollo walking through in one of the early episodes when they found Kobol ("The Lost Planet of the Gods" Part 2). Anybody know for sure?

Last edited by Chew; 09-09-05 at 06:56 AM.
Old 09-09-05, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was the first season I watched on CBS, mostly because of Alyson from Big Brother. That casting hooked me into the show for the future episodes/seasons.
Old 09-12-05, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is there a reason a lot of Fast Forwards are of the "Go here to claim the FF" variety and some are of the "cut off all your hair" variety? I think you should have to do something to claim it and not just go somewhere.

Chip seems to be wearing the same T-Shirt the brothers did. Was that the shop they own?
Old 09-12-05, 07:59 PM

Yes, Chip has been wearing a shirt from the brothers' restaurant, Cafe Nostra in Dallas.
Old 09-13-05, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There just needs to be an unwritten set of rules for this show:

1) Never pick the "search through this pile of..." Detour option.
2) Always take a taxi over the bus when given the choice.
3) Never sit around thinking you got the best available travel plans.
4) Never take off without knowing which direction to go.

More?

On a side note: Kim is fast becoming a strong candidate to challenge Flo for the "Most Useless Teammate" award
Old 09-13-05, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Colin is such a huge dick. I loved how he just blew off the local police, as if they were a joke. Would he just walk out of a US police station, claiming he has a plane to catch? I felt really bad for that cab driver, that was probably a lot of money for him. I am sure in the US you can't suddenly only give your cab driver half of the fare, after he drove you for a few hours. I dod't think I have ever hated a TAR racer as much as Colin. Even Jonathan I could kind of laugh at.

I keep thinking that Nicole and Christie are the same person. I can't tell the difference between them and they seem interchangeable to me.
Old 09-13-05, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Colin was a dick, but he is still one of the best Racers ever.
Old 09-13-05, 11:02 AM

What is up with these teams getting the cops called on them by their cabbies? I dont think id want to see the inside of an African prison.

That was so funny that the models went after the shave your head fast forward and couldnt do it. I mean hair does grow back its not like they were asking them to cut off some fingers.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.