Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Is the Daily Show getting lame?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-10, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Is the Daily Show getting lame?

Originally Posted by slop101
He has been getting tougher on Obama, calling him out on he shenanigans.
He has, and I'm glad to see it. I was turned off when we really went after Bush in the late stages of his presidency while just ignoring the DNC and all their craziness. It seems like he's evened out more and I'm definitely tuning in more now.
Old 06-24-10, 09:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's going vary on the current events. Bush was President then and most certainly offered a lot of material given his incompetence and corruption, but certainly any President and elected official offers material and Obama is no exception and we have seen the Daily Show offer many funny moments based on Democrats in the news too.
Old 09-19-12, 11:15 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This election stuff is pure gold.
Old 09-19-12, 11:23 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Agree with PenguinJoe, the Daily show's election coverage has been fantastic.

Not only is it funny, but it is insightful and well thought out. I understand that the show's perception is that it's a total Obama/Liberal love fest...but I believe TDS is one of only a handful of truly honest news programs. Skewed, yes...but only for the sake of comedy. They go after EVERYONE and show the hypocrisy of people, pundits, the political system, and our times. It makes all the bubbling contempt I have for FoxNews seem ok!
Old 09-19-12, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by david12
Agree with PenguinJoe, the Daily show's election coverage has been fantastic.

Not only is it funny, but it is insightful and well thought out. I understand that the show's perception is that it's a total Obama/Liberal love fest...but I believe TDS is one of only a handful of truly honest news programs. Skewed, yes...but only for the sake of comedy. They go after EVERYONE and show the hypocrisy of people, pundits, the political system, and our times. It makes all the bubbling contempt I have for FoxNews seem ok!
I think it is way more a skewering of television news, media in general and the slavery our political figures have to that.