Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Six Feet Under SERIES FINALE "Everyone's Waiting" (08/21/05)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six Feet Under SERIES FINALE "Everyone's Waiting" (08/21/05)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-08, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Crazy that this thread gets a bump and I JUST finished watching the finale. I really don't have much to add but this was indeed the best finale I have ever seen and the last 10 minutes were perfect and surreal. Excellent show all around and I'm happy I got to see it.
Old 06-08-08, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
Originally Posted by Aegean2007
Peter Krause (Nate) -> Dirty Sexy Money
Michael C. Hall (David) -> Dexter
Lauren Ambrose (Claire) -> The Return of Jezebel James
Matthew St. Patrick (Keith) -> Reunion
Freddy Rodriguez (Rico) -> Ugly Betty
Rachel Griffiths (Brenda) -> Brothers & Sisters
Jeremy Sisto (Billy) -> Law & Order
James Cromwell (George) -> 24

It seems that most of them have gotten work, except for Frances Conroy (Ruth) and Justina Machado (Vanessa).
Blasphamy!! She was featured in my favorite show of the 06/07 season -- The Nin9. Yes, she dies in the pilot, but she's featured in flashbacks every episode. Shame that it didn't make it -- I really dug the complex storyline and it made a good companion to Lost.

And yeah, Everyone's Waiting is one of the finest hours in TV history. How did it not win the writing Emmy? I recently bought the "Everything Ends" 6FU soundtrack for the song featured at the end ("Breathe Me" by Sia). I always tear up a little when I hear it.
Old 06-09-08, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
0073735963: Glad you enjoyed the series as much as the rest of us! I just rented/watched "Dexter" season one and I really like it as well.
Old 06-09-08, 12:27 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidSky
0073735963: Glad you enjoyed the series as much as the rest of us! I just rented/watched "Dexter" season one and I really like it as well.
Yep, it's in my Netflix Queue now and I'm looking forward to it. I should correct my statement above, I took a break from SFU during Season 4 not Season 5. I think watching the episodes in batches and the fact that some episodes in Season 4 were kinda slow, made me take a break from it for a bit.
Old 06-13-08, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts
finally got around to the finally myself this morning.

one of the best series finales i have seen.

amazing.

i love when a series ends on a forward so we see what happened to everyone.
Old 06-17-08, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to see this thread. I'll agree with JSwarce. This show should be required viewing for humanity. Great show, great finale.
Old 06-18-08, 08:59 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
i think i posted a couple times already back when, but another can't hurt. i cried like a baby the first time and subsequent times i saw the finale. i hope i can get through the whole series again sometime very soon!
Old 06-18-08, 09:21 AM

I watched the last episode with my mother the other day, and I have to admit, I completely lost it again when Ruth was on her death bed and saw Nate. Cried like a baby through the last couple of minutes. Not too many movies (and fewer TV shows) have affected me the way this one did.

As wacked out as some of these characters are, I think that I did feel they were part of my family for the 60+ hours I spent with them. It made the ending that much better.

--John
Old 06-18-08, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
These DVDs have gotten more play than any other one in my collection. I still put the brakes on it when I get to the last episode... You need to be in the right mood to watch that one.
Old 09-04-08, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
I started watching my box set of SFU over Labor Day weekend. Up to now, I'm almost done with Season 1. I'm watching about 2 episodes a day after work.

This is my second time watching the whole thing. My Mom passed away before I finished it up the first time - altho I did finished it

She had seen it (when it was on HBO) and loved it.

I had made a CD of her favorite music to play at her funeral. I included "Breath" by Sia on it.

I'm a BIG-TIME fan of this show, and even bought a couple of SFU books that were out when it was on I found in bargain bins a couple of years ago.
Old 09-04-08, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mickey65
I started watching my box set of SFU over Labor Day weekend. Up to now, I'm almost done with Season 1. I'm watching about 2 episodes a day after work.

This is my second time watching the whole thing. My Mom passed away before I finished it up the first time - altho I did finished it

She had seen it (when it was on HBO) and loved it.

I had made a CD of her favorite music to play at her funeral. I included "Breath" by Sia on it.

I'm a BIG-TIME fan of this show, and even bought a couple of SFU books that were out when it was on I found in bargain bins a couple of years ago.
Sorry to hear about your mom. It's good that there are shows like this around to remind us of the gift of life.
Old 09-14-08, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Like most fans, I own the entire series on DVD, and started watching it over again a few weeks ago. Well, I just finished the finale. And, like I've said so many times before, it is hands down THE best series ending of any show I've ever seen. It packs such an emotional punch in the gut. Both bittersweet and deeply sad. This was only the second time I could ever bring myself to watch the finale again, it was that powerful to me. I really miss this show. There will never be another like it. The best!
Old 09-15-08, 12:56 PM

As sad as the Finale is, I can at least get through it. I can't get through the episode of Nate's Funeral. That episode destroyed me when I first saw it. Can't watch it..too sad. LOL.

Last edited by JasonTHX; 09-15-08 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-18-08, 08:56 AM

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
Well, it took me about 2.5 weeks, but last night I finally finished watching the entire series.

Right now I can't help but feel a bit "lost", since there isn't anymore to watch of it, altho the finale keeps going thru my head as to what happened with all of them.

Sort of a weird feeling, since I was on a SFU marathon all this time!
Old 03-10-09, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Six Feet Under SERIES FINALE "Everyone's Waiting" (08/21/05)

Just finished the series tonight and all I can say is wow. What a fantastic ending to a fantastic show. Just bought the box set after finishing season four and I'm glad I did because I will be watching this one again.

I don't think I've ever felt so much for any tv characters. The ending was perfect. Really makes you think about the process of life and how it will continue no matter what. What a beautiful series finale.
Old 03-10-09, 09:43 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by hippie68
Just finished the series tonight and all I can say is wow. What a fantastic ending to a fantastic show. Just bought the box set after finishing season four and I'm glad I did because I will be watching this one again.

I don't think I've ever felt so much for any tv characters. The ending was perfect. Really makes you think about the process of life and how it will continue no matter what. What a beautiful series finale.
holy thread archeologist....

but i agree

it's up there with the all time greatest series finales
Old 03-10-09, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I finished watching the series a couple of months ago and had the same reaction as most everyone else here: WOW. The final montage - especially the music - was just incredibly satisfying, in a sad way.
Old 03-11-09, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I love how this thread gets bumped whenever someone finishes this series. It's such a perfect ending that this thread needs to be bumped just so the person posting can vent some emotion.
Old 03-11-09, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I love how this thread gets bumped whenever someone finishes this series. It's such a perfect ending that this thread needs to be bumped just so the person posting can vent some emotion.
Yup. I love reading everyone's reaction to the finale for the best show I have ever seen.
Old 03-11-09, 10:20 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

One of the all time great finales!
Old 03-11-09, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched the finale years ago and cried and cried.

My Tivo picked it up for me again recently, and even without having hardly watched any of the reruns from the series, it still made me cry.

One of the finest finales ever, IMHO.
Old 03-11-09, 11:14 AM
Banned

I absolutely love this show and miss it. This, The Shield, The Wire, and The Sopranos stay in constant rotation on my DVD player. I will never get tired of any of those shows.
Old 03-11-09, 02:01 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

i can't wait to get into this series again. though, sadly, it has to wait in line right now. i really want to see the last again, but thinking how much better it will be to start from the beginning.
Old 03-11-09, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I was going to say the same exact thing.

I recently rewatched the series again myself because I'm using it as a primacy source in my dissertation, and just looking at the DVDs made me fall in love with the characters again.

I watched the series finale last weekend with several housemates who have watched random episodes here and there with me over the last couple of months, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house.
Old 03-12-09, 05:08 PM

I'm re-watching the series with my wife who is going through them for the first time. We're almost all the way through Season 2 right now. And it's been long enough since I've seen it that a lot of the episodes seem "new" to me again. Anyway, she's really enjoying the series as well and I can't wait until the final episode to see her reaction. It's also interesting for me to watch the series now knowing how everything turns out, especially with new characters that end up becoming major characters later on.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.