Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Six Feet Under SERIES FINALE "Everyone's Waiting" (08/21/05)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six Feet Under SERIES FINALE "Everyone's Waiting" (08/21/05)

Old 08-07-12, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Six Feet Under SERIES FINALE "Everyone's Waiting" (08/21/05)

Originally Posted by bootsy
Which season did you like the best? To me it's a toss up between the 1st season and last season. I go slightly with the last season because of the shock when
Spoiler:
Nate died
with a few episodes left and the series finale. I never admitted this to anyone but I cried so hard when Nate died and the last minutes of the season finale. I can't believe I got so attached to the show. The only shows I've been like that with were The Shield, The Wire, The Sopranos, and currently Breaking Bad.
yeah that was still a shock
Spoiler:
i figured that everyone "cried" at the end of the finale because Nate dies then, not 2 episodes before the finale
Old 08-07-12, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts

Which season did you like the best? To me it's a toss up between the 1st season and last season. I go slightly with the last season because of the shock when
Spoiler:
Nate died
with a few episodes left and the series finale. I never admitted this to anyone but I cried so hard when Nate died and the last minutes of the season finale. I can't believe I got so attached to the show. The only shows I've been like that with were The Shield, The Wire, The Sopranos, and currently Breaking Bad.
I loved season 1, 2 and 5. I'll tell you this

Spoiler:
I knew that Nate would die, and Keith and David's death dates, as well as the circumstances behind Keith's death. I had to look. but other than that holy shit.

Season 1 was amazing, and it is definitely among my top shows ever. I went out to bars with some friends today and told them that I was emotionally drained because of this. I still have that final song stuck in my head and will probably watch the montage a few more times before i sleep.

Edit:

I was not a fan of Brenda until season 5. During Seasons 1 and 2 she looked like some random woman who walked out of 1995 in need of a man, and who was an asshole. Weird shit.

Rico...wow. Yes he was a dick for a while. But he was also a part of the Fisher family. Why wasn't he invited to more family dinners throughout the years?!

Kroner went out of business all of a sudden? Just like that? More like the writers didn't want to deal with it anymore. And that one blonde haired guy who got fired...David didn't get to gloat about that at all? Come on.

Those were the only things that I wished they got to dwell on more.

Last edited by bluetoast; 08-07-12 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-07-12, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Kroner went out of business all of a sudden? Just like that? More like the writers didn't want to deal with it anymore. And that one blonde haired guy who got fired...David didn't get to gloat about that at all? Come on.

Those were the only things that I wished they got to dwell on more.
I thought that part was a quick cop-out too and had hoped the woman in charge of Kroner would have died a horrible death that would have been presented at the beginning of an episode - would have made it all better.
Old 08-07-12, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Haha yeah man. Also, was it just me or did most of the deaths at the beginning seem like the person was being an absolute idiot? Many of them weren't "natural" but like Law and Order style freak accidents.
Old 08-08-12, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001
Love it when this thread is bumped. Good to see the newcomers enjoy this show and finale. It seems that everyone that watches it agrees that SFU is the gold standard for series finales.
Old 08-08-12, 08:15 PM

Haha yeah man. Also, was it just me or did most of the deaths at the beginning seem like the person was being an absolute idiot? Many of them weren't "natural" but like Law and Order style freak accidents.
Yeah, a lot of them were pretty good. Altho they had a couple of boring ones. Like the dude who keeled over with a heart attack after pushing his garbage can to the curb...yawn.
Old 08-08-12, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 275 Likes on 177 Posts

I'm embarrassed to say I own all the seasons but I still haven't watched the show (save the pilot) yet. I know, I should really get to it.
Old 08-08-12, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=bluetoast;11338393]

Season 1 was amazing, and it is definitely among my top shows ever. I went out to bars with some friends today and told them that I was emotionally drained because of this. I still have that final song stuck in my head and will probably watch the montage a few more times before i sleep.

[\quote]

It's been 7 years and I still have that song stuck in my head
Old 08-08-12, 10:47 PM

That was one of the songs we played at my Mom's funeral back in 2007, since she really loved SFU also.
Old 08-09-12, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess this probably isn't the thread to mention that the singer who does the song in the finale, is also responsible for the hook in the Flo Rida song "Wild Ones"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jWF0Yaxf2g
Old 08-09-12, 03:36 AM

This is perhaps my favorite series finale of any show, but I just can't bring myself to ever rewatch the show. Just too draining and depressing.
Old 08-09-12, 12:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by malichai
This is perhaps my favorite series finale of any show, but I just can't bring myself to ever rewatch the show. Just too draining and depressing.
I have rewatched it once mainly because even though I watched it in it's first run on HBO I missed the first 3 episodes of the first season. I do agree with you that it was very draining and depressing to watch at times especially when you know what is going to happen to these characters. It is one of two shows where I let my emotions go completely when the series ended. The Shield was the other one. It's just hard to rewatch a series knowing how it will all end up for them once the series comes to it's conclusion.
Old 08-11-12, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts

Never saw an episode of this show, not even for a second. Don't even have any idea who is in it. But I have heard it praised frequently enough to make me curious, yet I have been severely disappointed by over-hyped shows in the past so I remain skeptical. It looks like the entire series is now available to me on demand (DirecTV). That's a pretty big time investment should I choose to take it on. I assume everyone in this thread is a fan, so I won't get the most unbiased opinions, but how about some "If you like [shows xyz] you'll probably like this" input.
Old 08-11-12, 04:33 AM

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Never saw an episode of this show, not even for a second. Don't even have any idea who is in it. But I have heard it praised frequently enough to make me curious, yet I have been severely disappointed by over-hyped shows in the past so I remain skeptical. It looks like the entire series is now available to me on demand (DirecTV). That's a pretty big time investment should I choose to take it on. I assume everyone in this thread is a fan, so I won't get the most unbiased opinions, but how about some "If you like [shows xyz] you'll probably like this" input.
That's actually difficult. It's a quirky dysfunctional-family drama with heavy focus on the drama. I don't even know what I'd compare it to.
Old 08-11-12, 12:36 PM

SFU is so amazing--i got thru the first 4 seasons in two weeks bc my wife and i would get the discs from Netflix and watch 4-5 episodes a night....and i can't think of anything that it could be compared to--it's truly unique

highly worth your time investment
Old 08-11-12, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts

I have rewatched it once mainly because even though I watched it in it's first run on HBO I missed the first 3 episodes of the first season. I do agree with you that it was very draining and depressing to watch at times especially when you know what is going to happen to these characters. It is one of two shows where I let my emotions go completely when the series ended. The Shield was the other one. It's just hard to rewatch a series knowing how it will all end up for them once the series comes to it's conclusion.
It's kind of funny though even though the series was depressing at times it also made me realize even more that I should be living life to it's fullest and in some ways the show was a bit inspiring if you ask me. I will say though that this show was pretty moving in a lot of ways in that we got to know the characters so well and what they went through and then to see Nate go early and all the rest of the characters fates as well. Such a good show.
Old 08-11-12, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunde
That's actually difficult. It's a quirky dysfunctional-family drama with heavy focus on the drama. I don't even know what I'd compare it to.
Originally Posted by gmerreighnjr
SFU is so amazing--i got thru the first 4 seasons in two weeks bc my wife and i would get the discs from Netflix and watch 4-5 episodes a night....and i can't think of anything that it could be compared to--it's truly unique

highly worth your time investment
Thanks for the responses. I'll give it a season some time the next few weeks and see how it goes.
Old 08-11-12, 11:05 PM

Thanks for the responses. I'll give it a season some time the next few weeks and see how it goes.
The thing is - there is no show that you can even compare "Six Feet Under" too - it's such a unique experience, that comparing it to anything else would do it a disservice.
Old 08-13-12, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Yea I smile every time I see this thread pop back up knowing someone new just had the satisfaction of watching the finale, and what perfect tv it was. Best Finale ever in history.
Old 08-13-12, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My wife and I were watching the Olympics the other night, and a Coke commercial came on with some hauntingly beautiful music. I knew I recognized it, I asked my wife about it, and she just smiled and said, "It's from the Six Feet Under finale."

And here we are with another thread bump. Great show.
Old 08-13-12, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

This show still has one of the best, if not the best, finales. The show really dragged a lot for me though in the later seasons.
Old 09-25-12, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just skimmed the finale and saw the montage again. Does anybody else have trouble trying to convince people to watch this show? Very closed minded responses with people who think they know what it's about from just the title:

"But...isn't it a thriller?"
"No it just seems creepy"
"I don't like death."

I'm like "Just shut the fuck up and watch the pilot."
Old 09-25-12, 08:28 AM

Just skimmed the finale and saw the montage again. Does anybody else have trouble trying to convince people to watch this show? Very closed minded responses with people who think they know what it's about from just the title:

"I don't like death."

Yes, my wife has not watched it yet, despite my high praise...
Old 09-25-12, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 814 Likes on 569 Posts

"I don't like death."

Yes, most people turn down my recommendation for shows/movies/books that they think are depressing. They either want something with action or something comedic.
Old 09-25-12, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by dave-o
Yes, my wife has not watched it yet, despite my high praise...
I'm in the same boat. I have gotten her to watch the pilot, but it didn't seem to interest her. Her best friend also borrowed the series from me and loved it too.

Wife just says it sounds too depressing. =/ I really don't have an argument against that or why it is still so good.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.