DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Entourage:8/14/05 "Blue Balls Lagoon" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/434085-entourage-8-14-05-blue-balls-lagoon.html)

Dr. DVD 08-13-05 01:25 PM

Entourage:8/14/05 "Blue Balls Lagoon"

http://www.hbo.com/entourage/img/hom...main_image.jpg

That title says it all I guesss! :lol:

Red Dog 08-13-05 01:44 PM

Ouch.

MrX 08-13-05 04:53 PM

Drama hitting on
Spoiler:
Brooke Shields
should be be comedy gold

Red Dog 08-13-05 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by MrX
Drama hitting on
Spoiler:
Brooke Shields
should be be comedy gold

Spoiler:
The least he could do is hit on a hotter Brooke....Burke or Burns.

Bludvls33 08-14-05 10:00 PM

Back to the cheap time value...only a 23 min ep again!!

"He's...hard. HE'S HARD!!!..." rotfl

marty888 08-14-05 10:27 PM

So how do you explain on your resume why you were fired?

Drama has to be one of the best TV characters we've been fortunate enough to encounter.

BDB 08-15-05 12:00 AM

23 mins, take away the 3-4 min credits, and its about 19mins for the ep.

if only they had u2 at the end.

Michael Sheridan 08-15-05 06:42 AM

Although still better than 99% of the crap on TV , this seemed way too much like a cheap, filler episode. Although Drama's infatuation for Brooke Shields seems like a big encapsulation of his life....shes well past her prime too, and might not know it.

"Cork in the '59 Latouer, bring out the Kendall-Jackson.."

Great stuff.

Mr. Cinema 08-15-05 07:43 AM

This has been the best episode since the Sundance one. Next week's looks very promising.

Red Dog 08-15-05 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Sheridan
"Cork in the '59 Latouer, bring out the Kendall-Jackson.."

:lol:

3 words: "He is hard." :lol:

Geofferson 08-15-05 08:44 AM

Another great episode last night. Damn that E -- he's one lucky SOB.

Dr. DVD 08-15-05 09:28 AM

Just saw it. Another great but short ep. Just about every line from Johnny Drama is golden comedy. Didn't do much with the Aquaman storyline, but that's just a backdrop anyway. What did the teaser for next week show? I saw mine off of on-demand, so I just watched the ep.

keps 08-15-05 01:14 PM

Haha, yeah this was a hilarious episode. I wish it was a bit longer, but oh well. It was funny how they got more into Ari's character .. it'll be interesting to find out more about that guy and some of the other crazy stuff he does.

Goat3001 08-15-05 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Just saw it. Another great but short ep. Just about every line from Johnny Drama is golden comedy. Didn't do much with the Aquaman storyline, but that's just a backdrop anyway. What did the teaser for next week show? I saw mine off of on-demand, so I just watched the ep.

Basically, the studio is worried about Vince and Mandy's relationship and say that Vince is "replaceable" which causes everyone (including Vince) to worry.

Another good but short ep. However it does seem like they're stretching out some of the storylines a bit long to fill out the episodes.

MiamiVP 08-15-05 02:51 PM

Drama getting hard was straight comedy!!!!!!!! The look on Brooke's face was priceless!!! I actually thought that she wasnt acting! LOL

GuessWho 08-15-05 04:29 PM

*opening her gift* "Viking Quest: The Complete Series"

"I'll sign that for you"

movieking 08-15-05 05:45 PM

I thought that this was easily one of the worst shows in the series.

Dr. DVD 08-15-05 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by movieking
I thought that this was easily one of the worst shows in the series.

No argument to back it up, typical of a negative opinion. FWIW, I thought it was a weaker ep., but it's still worlds above the other crap out there right now. I thought it was weak because it didn't really progress the storyline like I had hoped and like the last two, put a little too much focus on Mandy Moore. Other than that, it was good. I am not bashing you, but I hate it when people just make a blanket review and don't back it up with an argument.

The studio thinks Vince is replacable, but what about Mandy? I guess this might be a case where she is more important to the project than Vince in the studio's eyes, though Vince is currently the lead.

movieking 08-15-05 07:01 PM

Why do I have to justify why I didn't like it? It just starts a flame war over people who think that a show (in this case Entourage) can do no wrong. They think that any criticism means that you are not a true fan and are only out to bash the show.

Anyway, I thought that the episode was just filler. Nothing happened. I honestly couldn't believe it was over, without anything meaningful happening. So basically what you said.

SPiRAL 08-15-05 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho

"I'll sign that for you"

Turtle : " That's from both of us . "

Dr. DVD 08-15-05 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by movieking
Why do I have to justify why I didn't like it? It just starts a flame war over people who think that a show (in this case Entourage) can do no wrong. They think that any criticism means that you are not a true fan and are only out to bash the show.

Anyway, I thought that the episode was just filler. Nothing happened. I honestly couldn't believe it was over, without anything meaningful happening. So basically what you said.

Actually, offering a good argument and not a "hit and run" style blanket statement is something I interpret as not trying to start a flame war. The fact that you responded to my post means that you must like the show and didn't care much for this ep. If you had just said it blew and never responded, then it would lead one to believ you were a troll just trying to stir something up for the sake of it.
In short, I like explanations of opinion! :D

MrX 08-16-05 01:27 AM

"Lloyd you were a art history major at Sarah Lawrence college right?"

"Yes I was"

"Then you'll know how to pull this off the wall":lol:

The look on Lloyd's face was great

Goat3001 08-16-05 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by GuessWho

"I'll sign that for you"

"yeah me too" - Turtle

Derrich 08-16-05 05:26 AM

Best Line : He's hard.

Not that I blame Drama.

D

mkdevo 08-16-05 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
No argument to back it up, typical of a negative opinion. FWIW, I thought it was a weaker ep., but it's still worlds above the other crap out there right now. I thought it was weak because it didn't really progress the storyline like I had hoped and like the last two, put a little too much focus on Mandy Moore. Other than that, it was good. I am not bashing you, but I hate it when people just make a blanket review and don't back it up with an argument.

i also thought this was a very weak episode, and was shocked that it ended without anything 'happening'.. i also watched it on-demand, and FF'ed through the intro, so i *really* got the 19-minute feeling..

but i have to ask...

why is this ok?:

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
This has been the best episode since the Sundance one. Next week's looks very promising.

there are plenty of people who just post 'great episode', and they don't catch any slack.. why is it that people who don't like a particular episode take the heat for just stating their overall opinion, but if someone just says something positive, it's ok?