Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias Casting Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-05, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by animalmystic
Not to shit all over this post, but I think I am done with this show. On top of that its going against Survivor, and I am pissed all my fav shows are all on Thursday, Survivor, Alias, Smallville and The Apprentice, doesn't leae me shit for the rest of the week.

I will catch Alias when it hits DVD.
I'm tired of Weiss anyway and his whole romance with Nadia just came out of nowhere and was never believable to me anyway.
I guess I have to pick one show now to watch since everything is on at the same time on Thursdays. Not only the above shows but Thew OC as well. That's a tough one since Alias, Smallville and The OC had weak seasons last year. What to do, what to do.
I am glad they decided to keep Vaughn's wife dead.
Old 07-27-05, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts

I thought this picture was too good to just link.

I might keep watching ALIAS, after all.
Old 07-27-05, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IM OUT!...see ya boys!
Old 07-27-05, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boy, this show just keeps getting better and better.

I'll just keep my S1-2 DVDs and dig them out every year or two to remember how good this show was. There is no good news in this thread.
Old 07-28-05, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Been a loyal fan for years, but this is not good news indeed... Weiss was one of my Fav actors... If they stop dealing with rembaldi, the show is dead... I dont know where the show is really going to go from here on out.
Old 07-28-05, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Interesting. It seems that once the show got some good viewership, they decided to sell out in every way possible and eliminate all that made the show interesting to its loyal audience, thus eliminating the audience itself.
Old 07-28-05, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I still blame Lena Olin for the downfall of this series. When she jumped ship right after season 2, everything went downhill. They've had to keep making up such worthless plotlines.

It really is a shame because seasons 1 and 2 are solid
Old 07-28-05, 11:41 AM
Admin Emeritus

Even though I will miss Weiss, I don't think Grunberg's loss is as big as the loss of Bradley Cooper (Will). Weiss is Agent Comic Relief... yeah, they gave him the romance with Nadia, but he's still pretty one-dimensional, IMO. Seriously, would this season have been that much worse without Weiss? He wasn't even in the season finale.
Old 07-28-05, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Static Cling
Even though I will miss Weiss, I don't think Grunberg's loss is as big as the loss of Bradley Cooper (Will). Weiss is Agent Comic Relief... yeah, they gave him the romance with Nadia, but he's still pretty one-dimensional, IMO. Seriously, would this season have been that much worse without Weiss? He wasn't even in the season finale.
And Francie (evil or not)...its almost as if the creators were trying to analyze what made the show great by systematically removing one piece at a time until the show collapsed, thereby proving what the most important part was.
Old 07-28-05, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

No matter how the quality of a show drops, I have a thing about absolutely sticking it out until the official end if it was once a "regular" watch. (The ONLY exception I've ever made was for "NYPD Blue" -- I just could not take any more Sipowitz tragedies after 4 seasons.)

Let's hope Rachel Nichol's character is allowed to have more charisma than on "The Inside" (though I like that show a lot).
Old 07-28-05, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is Survivor, Alias, and Smallville all going to be on at the same time on Thursday? I have a VCR so can tape one show while watching another. But with 3 shows on at the same time, I will have to pick one to drop. With Rachel Nichols coming on to Alias, I might have to rethink which show to drop.
Old 07-29-05, 02:15 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
And Francie (evil or not)...its almost as if the creators were trying to analyze what made the show great by systematically removing one piece at a time until the show collapsed, thereby proving what the most important part was.
I don't know if the creators got rid of Will & Francie or the actors moved on and the show couldn't hang onto them. Bradley Cooper was on Alicia Silverstone's Miss Match and Merrin Dungey is on Summerland.

I loved that Sydney had a normal life and a spy life, and now there's no separation... she went on to live with Vaughn, and later Nadia. She's always with her spy buddies, even though they might be going bowling or having dinner in.
Old 07-29-05, 09:32 AM

I am of the opinon that Jennifer needs to be off the show. Her getting knocked up ends her career on Alias, I do not want to see a Syd with a kid. This would be a good opportunity to trans this new girl for the role and bring Alias back to first season glory!

Or Syd can now be a handler for this new girl.
Old 07-29-05, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Static Cling
I don't know if the creators got rid of Will & Francie or the actors moved on and the show couldn't hang onto them. Bradley Cooper was on Alicia Silverstone's Miss Match and Merrin Dungey is on Summerland.
I agree that getting rid of Francie and Will was not a good idea but for some reason I remember it being a network request/decision.
Old 07-29-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lisadoris
I agree that getting rid of Francie and Will was not a good idea but for some reason I remember it being a network request/decision.
I found Will annoying as all get out. I could never fully got into season 1 because of him. Francie, however, was awesome. I was quite pissed when they killed her so early in the show's life.
Old 07-29-05, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Will annoyed me in the beginning, but he grew on me. Especially once he found out the truth about Sydney.
Old 07-29-05, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sherm42
Will annoyed me in the beginning, but he grew on me. Especially once he found out the truth about Sydney.
I agree, that look on his face was the single greatest moment in the show's history:

Old 07-30-05, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
No Weiss. Vaugh and Syd parents. New pseudo-Syd recruit. Ugh. The only thing that could make this worse is if they killed off Jack Bristow in the season opener.

I hate to say this but the next season of Smallville sounds a whole lot more appealing.
Old 07-30-05, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by JayDerek
I still blame Lena Olin for the downfall of this series. When she jumped ship right after season 2, everything went downhill. They've had to keep making up such worthless plotlines.

It really is a shame because seasons 1 and 2 are solid

Completely agree. Lena Olin's refusal to continue on the show is what sunk the show. They had to completely revamp season 3 ideas and once that happened it started the slippery slope that has led to where we are now.
Old 07-30-05, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Jenga!!!
Old 08-01-05, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, I've sticked it out with Alias for this long and I still enjoy it. I don't care about the Weiss character anyway. I've glad to see that the Inside's rachel will be coming on Alias.
Old 08-01-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So does this mean it'll start in the Fall instead of in January?
Old 08-01-05, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes I believe it starts in the fall.
Old 08-01-05, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
wow, that soon? cool.
Old 08-02-05, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
More casting news:

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) "Alias" star Michael Vartan may get to break out his French-language skills a little more this season.
The series has added award-winning French actress Elodie Bouchez to its cast for 2005-06, ABC announced Tuesday (Aug. 2). Her character, Zoe Rienne, may shed some light on Vaughn's (Vartan) season-ending revelation to Sydney (Jennifer Garner) that he wasn't who he claimed to be.

The network says Zoe is an "internationally wanted criminal who, unbeknownst to Sydney, has secretly been working with Vaughn for several years." Just what they've been working on is still a secret.

Bouchez is the second new cast member of "Alias" this season. ABC announced last week that Rachel Nichols ("The Inside") will play a CIA technical analyst.
The 32-year-old Bouchez has won two Cesar Awards -- the French equivalent to the Oscars. In 1995 she won the award for most promising actress for her work in Andre Techine's "Wild Reeds"; four years later, she won best actress for "The Dreamlife of Angels."

Her other credits include "CQ," "La Faute a Voltaire" and "Shooting Vegetarians," an independent comedy released earlier this year.

"Alias" begins its fifth season on ABC at 8 p.m. ET Thursday, Sept. 29.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.